Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Merchant’s Bank of Indiana MM was 4.08% now 4.34%

4 Likes

This might have mattered 30 years ago when people couldn’t or didn’t open multiple accounts. 19 supplemental savings plus one main means I can make 120 withdrawals from my savings every month. That’s no way to help bank stability. It’s a gimmick.

Most people don’t open 20 savings accounts.

My point is that it’s so simple and easy to circumvent the 6 withdrawal transactions limit, that the existence of the limit makes no sense. I.e., gimmick.

Further, ATM and in-person teller withdrawals don’t even count toward the 6 transactions limit. IT MAKES NO SENSE! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just to follow up further - the Primis website makes it clear how long each deposit will be held. For my 1/31 opening deposit, it says it will be available at 11:59PM 2/2. Another small deposit pulled from a different bank has the same timeframe (2/1 deposit, will be available 11:59PM 2/3). Having the information available is nice, but more importantly only a 2-day hold for a large deposit to a new account for a brand new customer is…very surprising.

Their ACH system allows for up to 10 linked accounts.

6 Likes

It’s more like a trap, to catch people not paying attention. Although I’m at a loss as to what is gained by catching people in this trap, aside from them having to walk into a branch to withdraw their money for the rest of the month. I find it hard to believe there are many people who sit at home dejected because they need some money but already expended their 6 withdrawals for the month.

2 Likes

CIBC Bank Savings was 3.77% now 4.01%
Capital One Bank Savings 3.30% now 3.40%
Self Help CU MM was 2.14% now 2.35%
National Cooperative Bank MM was 1.66% now 2.28%

4 Likes

Bask Bank Savings was 4.15% now 4.25%
Wealthfront Savings was 3.80% now 4.05%
Northern Bank Direct MM was 3.25% now 4.35%
FNBO Direct Savings was 3.00% now 3.45%

6 Likes

is this from
Money Market | Northern Bank Direct?
if so, I have to try to switch my NBD MONEY MARKET PREMIER to this money market premier account, correct? thx

1 Like

Yes, that’s it. Not sure if existing accounts will get the new rate without calling or not. If you find out, please report back.

This morning NBD rep Christine hung up on me and I could only leave messages after that. No return calls, no replies to the secure messages I & my spouse sent from our separate accounts. Finally spoke to rep TJ ~2pm mst. He was extremely rude but confirmed that since my account is a NBD MONEY MARKET PREMIER account (as shown when logged in), on Monday, rate would update to 4.27 with an apy of 4.35. Hope so.

1 Like

Weird. I was just over on DA and this bank does not show up on their leaderboard (for savings or checking). I wonder why?

1 Like

Has anyone learned Primis’s statement cycle? My account opened on Jan 31 so it may have missed a January statement, or it may cycle at some other point in the month.

I’m not inclined to bother a rep with this relatively stupid question (nor sit on hold for an hour waiting to get to a rep), so maybe someone who is talking to them anyways would be able to ask?

1 Like

Mine updated with the 4.27% rate today.

3 Likes

Any word on Primis hard pull?

Usually I get a bunch of emails about rate increases the day of the hike from banks, but this one seems to be quiet.

I never unthawed my credit and was approved so it does not appear to be a hard pull.

2 Likes

CFG Bank MM 4.30% now 4.45%
Western Alliance Bank Savings(via SaveBetter) was 4.23% now 4.35%
Idabel National Bank MM(via SaveBetter) was 3.55% now 4.15%

4 Likes

Marcus 3.3% → 3.5% – useful for the 1% referral bonus and $100/$10K bonus.

8 Likes

I have had Northern Bank for many years with $3 dollars in their old MM account. This new MM Premier 4.35% is to good to pass on.

I talked to an Agent about adding the new MM Premium, but no luck. So I simply went online and opened the new account in minutes. Checked back to account and everything is ready to add funds now @4.35%. :blush:

3 Likes