Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Yes, not worth bothering with the interest on this account. We are only interested in that $700 bonus.

I now have the account opened & can see it online. I talked to a rep this morning about funding. I originally thought I could handle the funding online. But, they only fund with Bank accts & Alliant CU would not go through.

The rep was very capable & my funding should show up in the acct by the 10th. Furthermore I will move the money by ACH.

That must be due to Alliant (although odd they’d have an issue with such a large CU). But I did not have any issue transferring $50k from Chase online.

But Chase is listed as a bank. I could have waited & had funds ACH’d to my local bank & it would have accepted. But by phone is ok, probably not many days lost.

I have another CD that matures the middle of the month. When those funds are available I plan to open a second Citi Priority Package. That 3.96% APY is better than anything going these days. Of course it is for a short period of time.

Ally’s savings rate down to 1.0% from 1.1% effective tomorrow July 8.

3 Likes

Today’s drops:

Live Oak Bank Savings was 1.15% now 1.00%
Comenity Direct High Yield Savings was 1.10% now 1.00%
Envision Bank Savvy Savings was 0.80% now 0.70%

2 Likes

An intriguing liquid accounts troika this morning finds PurePoint, Ally, and NBD (Northern Bank) all sporting the very same interest rate, a rip roaring one percent!

Depositors at those three esteemed financial institutions will experience difficulty containing their exuberance.

(not)

On a serious note, I wonder which of the three will be first to break down below the 1% threshold. I’m smelling PurePoint on Friday. Surely hope I’m wrong!

Today’s drops:

CFG Bank High Yield Money Market was 1.25% now 1.16%
Bank 7 High Rate Online Savings was 1.10% now 0.95%
Ally Online Savings was 1.10% now 1.00%
MyEBanc Super Saver Money Market was 1.00% now 0.90%

3 Likes

How many days between when 50000was withdrawn from chase and citi was funded?
Has anyone funded 50000 from navy fcu checking? Ciyi would do a phonr transfer from for 50000 from alliant? How long did it take to get citi funded?

Doggone it. I was right. PurePoint just tipped over my liquid funds canoe. All hands lost.

It’s stupid. I realize that. But we all have our trigger points. For me, while I was uncomfortable at 1%, today’s PurePoint drop to 0.8% makes things much worse. And all my liquid money is in there. As usual they executed the rate change on Friday, which means you have to wait until Monday to extricate your money . . . or face loss of three days of interest.

Northern and Ally, out of the troika I mentioned a few posts back, remain at 1%. Liquid funds at Ally are so darn illiquid that I don’t bother with them. And who knows when NBD (Northern) will cut? It could happen at any time.

I hate the Fed and what they have done to us liquid funds fans. :anguished:

It’s funny. I really thought PurePoint might hold the 1% line a little longer . . . even just for one more week. I am so full of prunes!

Looks like they’re really trying to compete with Alliant at this point!

If you already have the account linked at Northern, you could pull the money today and get double interest over the weekend.

I don’t but:

Does Northern offer “instant interest”? I didn’t know that.

And does Northern have high dollar limits on ACH transfers initiated there? I didn’t know that, either!

Clearly I have been remiss in not studying more closely the precise services NBD offers. I thought only PurePoint offered that stuff.

With Marcus, you also start earning interest on the same day. To earn double interest, submit the transfer after 12pm since Marcus does a same-day ACH if you submit before 12pm.

It’s ACH limits are also quite high ($100k I believe), but they place a hold (money available T+5).

Earn an additional 0.1% if you an AARP member, for a total of 1.15%.

https://www.marcus.com/us/en/savings/aarp-rate-bonus

And one last advantage: Marcus has eliminated the 6-transaction limit for savings accounts – one of the few online banks to do this.

2 Likes

Yes, transfers post same-day, while being withdrawn from the source the following day.

“High dollar” is subjective. It had been $5k, but I’ve recently done transfers in the high teens. So I don’t know if it’s a function of time, if my activity earned me higher limits, or if they relaxed the limits across the board.

1 Like

Thanks. That is good to know and it is helpful.

I should have done my homework. Hate it when I mess up.

zjts, I assume your talking about the Citi Priority Package.

I used Alliant CU to withdraw the funds. I had to talk to a rep in order to use a CU, I’m sure they would accept Navy FCU. So today I see my $50k in my acct. So all & all I filled out app on 7/4, talked to rep 7/6 & money in acct 7/9. Hope this helps,

This is a checking account deal so I guess that would be considered a liquid account. It’s a $300 bonus being offered by NWFCU in celebration of the opening of a new branch office (One Loudoun).

This deal dies on the fifteenth of this month, but if you’re already a NWFCU member, and if you could use $300, and if you never have had a checking account with them, feel free to take the money with my permission, encouragement, and blessing:

$300 bonus if you open a checking account at NWFCU

Am I in?

Thinking about it. Could use that much money, even though it will be taxable. There are not many hoops. So maybe.

Well, I did it. I mean, what the heck, who am I to turn down $300! :smiley:

It was easy. The checking account can be opened on a zero balance. Lucky for me, even after all these years, I never before had opened a checking account at NWFCU . . . . 'cause that would have disqualified me. I do have a MM account with them, but that is not disqualifying.

So now all I have to do is to go into my NWFCU account online, sign up for online statements, go to Alliant and link my new NWFCU checking account, and then ACH the first $500. You can take the money right back out. The money you ACH in does not have to remain (it’s a liquid account).

Fortunately for me I had a dollar in my savings which the rep very kindly moved into checking. Not a good idea to set up an Alliant ACH link on an account with a zero balance . . . . you could overdraw the account.

Three hundred bucks is three hundred bucks. It’ll help pay for some food. I got no complaints. :grinning:

I also have a NWFCU with $1.15. But I just called & was told I must go in person to open the acct.
Tell me the secret of how you did it…

Sure. I had a similar problem. Asked to speak with a rep who was familiar with the One Loudoun $300 new checking offer. It took a while, but the rep who took my call first was eventually able to transfer me over. The second rep was familiar with the offer and hooked me up straightaway.

One thing I forgot to mention:

She asked me for the promo code, which appears on the web page I linked. You must provide that promo code, which becomes associated with your new account so that you eventually receive the bonus. No promo code, no $300 bonus!

The promo code, BTW is:

OL2020

Those first two characters are letters, the final four are numbers.