Biggest Abortion Case in 29 Years at the Supreme Court

The comment was they’re a barrier to “get out-of-state”. What you refer to has nothing to do with preventing interstate travel to get an abortion, and are just part of daily living as an illegal.

3 Likes

What a well written letter, and I was shocked by both the number and makeup of the signatories. I only guessed three of them.

I’m sure this letter got a lot of airtime on CNN, MsNBC, CBS,PBS,ABC, etc.

You asked about checkpoints with a quote about immigration checkpoints – I answered with an example. I would guess that those checkpoints can be a problem for anyone who tries to cross them without proof of legal residency.

I didn’t ask about checkpoints, I asked about checkpoints preventing people from getting out-of-state.

Regardless, this would make them as much a barrier for getting an abortion in-state as it is out-of-state. Its not specific to crossing state lines.

2 Likes

Why would they be along state borders?

So? There are checkpoints at the “official” entries to the U.S. from Mexico. If illegal aliens can easily avoid those checkpoints, why can’t an illegal alien who is 7 weeks pregnant avoid one on the 5? That can’t be an undue hardship. Otherwise she would find a doctor to kill the bay in San Diego. Alternatively, I’m sure that abortions are much more freely available in Mexico.

You may not have the wrong opinion on abortion online. Google knows best, and will be censoring YouTube accordingly.

They have been pretty aggressive about enforcing the government narrative lately via censorship at YouTube. For example, in the last several weeks numerous independent reporters / channels with coverage of Ukraine have been banned. Not for Ukraine coverage specifically (although they tend to be less enthusiastic about our involvement there and/or the Ukrainian military prospects than our Party Line), but they would go back 2 years to find some comment about covid that could be construed as medical misinformation and ban them for that. So it’s clear the government is intervening to try to control public opinion, and it sounds like they’re going to start doing around this issue as well.

1 Like

This does not sound controversial to me. There’s a fine line between free speech and telling women they can stick a hanger into the hoohaa to abort.

Except there’s that phrase again - “false claims”. I dont trust anyone who claims to be censoring content based on ‘false claims’, because “false” is ever-increasingly being defined as anything contradicting one’s own beliefs. Even unsafe methods is a subjective standard - we now see pressure to allow abortions by telephone, which until a couple months ago was considered too unsafe. Does such talk get removed for being unsafe, or is it allowed to remain since it’s now been deemed the easiest way to circumvent state bans?

3 Likes

What does that entail, exactly? I’m afraid to google it… :smile:

2 Likes

The latest sore losers’ attempt to corrupt our Democracy. Biden encouraged to bribe the conservative SCOTUS justices to quit so he can replace them.

3 Likes

Latest sore losers latest attempt to Threaten Our Democracy. Term limits of SC justices, but none for Congress…

1 Like

more outrage by the leftists in the media. Heh. The propagandist writer is a man named Dennis Young.

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/jim-harbaugh-abortion-comments-17329921.php

In case there was any doubt, Jim Harbaugh’s callous comments about abortion weren’t just the views he was comfortable expressing behind closed doors at religious events.

The Michigan football coach doubled down in an interview with ESPN published Tuesday, saying he believes pregnancies should be carried to term no matter the health risks to the pregnant person.

Double heh.

Edit. it will be interesting to see whether the woke Nazis at his current gig as head football coach with the University of Michigan will be able to force him out. I think his position is impregnable, so to speak, but who knows.

1 Like

The 3-D chess question continues. Was the leaker a leftist or a conservative? my money is on leftist although the story indicates it backfired.

Chief Justice John Roberts privately lobbied fellow conservatives to save the constitutional right to abortion down to the bitter end, but May’s unprecedented leak of a draft opinion reversing Roe v. Wade made the effort all but impossible, multiple sources familiar with negotiations told CNN," Biskupic reports. "It appears unlikely that Roberts’ best prospect — Justice Brett Kavanaugh — was ever close to switching his earlier vote, despite Roberts’ attempts that continued through the final weeks of the session.

Biskupic explains, “Multiple sources told CNN that Roberts’ overtures this spring, particularly to Kavanaugh, raised fears among conservatives and hope among liberals that the chief could change the outcome in the most closely watched case in decades. Once the draft was published by Politico, conservatives pressed their colleagues to try to hasten release of the final decision, lest anything suddenly threaten their majority. Roberts’ persuasive efforts, difficult even from the start, were thwarted by the sudden public nature of the state of play. He can usually work in private, seeking and offering concessions, without anyone beyond the Court knowing how he or other individual justices have voted or what they may be writing. Kavanaugh had indicated, during December oral arguments, that he wanted to overturn Roe, and CNN learned that he voted that way in a private justices’ conference session soon afterward. But the 2018 appointee of former President Donald Trump, who had been confirmed by the Senate only after expressing respect for Roe , has wavered in the past and been open to Roberts’ persuasion.”

3 Likes

Isnt merely introducing such a bill blatantly tossing aside everything this country is based on? I thought the whole lifetime appointment thing was in the Consitution, which is something run-of-the-mill legislation cannot override? Please tell me that they know full well it isnt remotely possible, and are just introducting it to rile up their stupid followers who actually believe all their crap?

1 Like

Those idiots do realize that there is a pretty big difference between being “health risks” and “life threatening”, right? Ok, yes, I’m pretty sure they dont…

Since when are Supreme Court decisions “negotiated”? I’m pretty sure the correct word they were meaning to use was “bribed” or “bullied”.

1 Like

3-D chess analysis of the possible leaker. The author’s conclusion is that it was one of the three leftist “justices.” Roberts decided to shut down the investigation since that would make the court appear even worse than it does already.

He (Roberts) may be right. But still, as Chief Justice, isn’t part of his job description to be the chief of justice?

One last morsel for thought: If the leaker was indeed a Justice, the liberal reporter at Politico who broke the story and published the draft opinion now has kompromat on her.

2 Likes

Not precisely. But close.

The Constitution declares Supreme Court Justices may hold their high offices in “good behaviour”. This is generally taken to mean they have the job for life provided only that they behave properly.

As you likely already have guessed, “good behaviour” is not further elucidated in the Constitution.

1 Like

Democrats pass SCOTUS term limits.
Republicans argue the law is unconstitutional.
SCOTUS takes the case and decides whether or not they will lose their jobs.
Sounds like a great way to shore up support for government institutions. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It would be transphobic to point out the SCOTUS would-be assassin is a crazy trans person, which is why we haven’t heard much about it. Also, he/it planned to kill 3 justices in all to secure the future Liberal World Order. Lots more coverage of recent illegal protests and such below.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/court-documents-show-kavanaugh-plot-suspect-identifies-as-trans-girl-named-sophie/

before traveling 3,000 miles across the U.S. to kill Kavanaugh… excerpts from Discord conversations in which Roske revealed his intent to kill three members of the Supreme Court… On Sunday, the New York Post reported that Roske had conducted research on the “most effective place to stab someone” before showing up at Kavanaugh’s home, newly released details revealed.

I need psychiatric help,” he told the operator, while also saying he had been ”hospitalized multiple times” for mental health reasons.

I am not surprised.

2 Likes

Paging Nurse Ratched.