Bonus if you open a Citi checking account

added 30K Savings for $300 bonus. ez app.

1 Like

why add 30K when you only need 15K for the $300 bonus?

1 Like

already did checking. this is for savings.

From what I can see, this is a checking bonus and there is no benefit to depositing 30k vs. 15k. What am I missing?

1 Like

Got it!
Apr 19, 2022
Interest Adj Congratulations on your cash bonus!
$1,500.00

How soon can I transfer out. Thinking of bask bank for AA miles now that i’m traveling again

1 Like

You could have transferred out after the required 60 days have passed. Just keep the required minimum to avoid monthly fee ($1500 for Basic, more for others) if you’re not closing the account. I don’t think there was an early account termination penalty with this offer, but I like to keep mine open for 6-12 months.

1 Like

Got my smaller bonus a week or so ago too! Going to do P2’s bonus next month (expires in July).

What’s the best way to close Citi checking and savings accounts? Withdraw everything first and then ask Citi to close the accounts, or initiate the account closure first? The goal is to avoid paying the fee for the last month, in case that’s really charged. Thanks.

1 Like

That’s what I did, emptied and then chatted with them to close the account.

One thing that did happen to me is that I did it toward the end of the month, and on the first of the next month, they deposited 1 cent of interest in my savings account, which reopened the account and I had to chat with them again to have it closed. It was sad that they then spent 57 cents on a tamp to mail me a 1 cent check.

3 Likes

Thanks. I have seen that from other banks as well.