Bonus if you open a Citi checking account

Easy bonus if you open a Citi checking account:
https://banking.citi.com/cbol/checking/tiered/1500

Deposit - Bonus
$15,000 - $49,999 - bonus $300
$50,000 - $199,999 - bonus $700
$200,000 or more - bonus $1,500

Interestingly, in the email I got they offered $400 instead of the $300, but you need an individualized link for that.

3 Likes

This is an automatically-generated Wiki post for this new topic. Any member can edit this post and use it as a summary of the topic’s highlights.

This offer might work with some of the Keesler HIMMA Plus money. I’m thinking about a pretty good chunk of money that must be removed from HIMMA at the end of the month.

Something to think about. :slight_smile:

1 Like

signed up when I logged in. Is there a way to get written/online bonus confirmation from Citi (like Marcus?)

Save your screenshots while signing up. Citi doesn’t provide anything. Best / easiest you can do is chat with them to confirm that your account has the bonus promo associated with it.

BTW this isn’t a new promo, it’s been around since at least October. Make sure to follow the terms carefully, because they’re slightly unusual: “Deposit New-to-Citibank Funds into your new checking account within 20 days of account opening. The balance on your 20th day will determine your maximum eligible cash bonus. Maintain the required Minimum Balance* in your eligible account(s) for an additional 60 days from the 21st day.”

And be patient with the bonus posting. They give themselves 90 days to pay you after you’ve met the requirements. Mine took ~45. Other big banks pay out much faster.

3 Likes

When I opened mine about a year ago, they sent two separate pieces of snail-mail: one with a card and the other with a PIN. This can be an issue now with the slow mail delivery.

Question…

This offer says you must open account from the very page we’re on now. But if we desire to open a second account, one for spouse, do you suppose it would accept it?

I know I could just try but I’m not ready to go for it now.

1 Like

Pattyb53, you could try clearing history and cookies from the browser or use a different browser.

1 Like

How about opening an account using my Apple IPhone. Then another on my computer?

1 Like

That should work too.

1 Like

Just use the browser in private/incognito mode if you’re concerned about existing cookies.

2 Likes

Watch your emails also if you have Citi credit cards. Similar deal but bonus amounts are slightly better.

I received it in my email a few times over the past few months. Recently opened it. DW just received the same offer this week.

1 Like

No offense meant to the OP or anyone else that posted in this thread, but are there people on here that don’t know about https://www.doctorofcredit.com/ and the fantastic database William Charles and Chuck keep for all the bank bonuses nationwide? Not to mention the invaluable comment section for each bonus.

1 Like

no screenshot but I’ll use OP pdf if they don’t pay up on day 81.

higher than 1500?

That should be day 171 (21+60+90).

2 Likes

No, $400 instead of $300 on that tier as OP mentioned.

2 Likes

$300 is the general bonus, $400 was in the personal emails.

2 Likes

higher end is the same though

Got chat transcript. Also looks like they keep previous chat

You: hi, I want to Confirm my sign up promo
14:50, Jan 29
Awungshi: Please allow me a few minutes while I review your account.
14:50, Jan 29
You: np
14:52, Jan 29
Awungshi: Thanks for waiting, I can see your account is already enrolled for bonus offer and you just need to keep required balance for 60 days to qualify for bonus credit.
14:54, Jan 29
You: sure. Can you confirm the $ amounts
14:56, Jan 29
Awungshi: Bonus range is $200 $400, $700 and $1500
14:56, Jan 29
You: thx!
14:57, Jan 29
You: approx when?
14:58, Jan 29
Awungshi: You would need to keep balance for 60 days and bonus offer will be credited in 90 days . So the bonus offer will be credited on June 17, 2022.

2 Likes