Booster Shots: When will you get a booster (3rd) shot of the vaccine?

Does anyone know what the deal is between Pfizer and Comirnaty? I heard a show that indicated they were related but different. Trying to understand if this is real or fake.

just got 3rd pfizer (exactly 6 mo).

Are you in a high risk group? I still don’t qualify… not old enough.

Yes. There’s a lot of underlying medical conditions on the CDC’s list. BMI >= 25 is elevated risk of severe illness, I’m around 28 currently.

From CDC, any of the underlying medical conditions (or living or working in high risk area, public facing job, etc) currently qualify for may get a booster at 18+.
The over 65 is should get a booster shot, regardless, and 50-64 should if they have an underlying medical condition.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/booster-shot.html

The page I linked is only partially updated to reference the other vaccines than Pfizer, but all three of them (and optional mix and match) have the same rules as of Thursday/Friday.

A booster is also now recommended (should) for everyone who got J&J 2 or more months ago.
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/p1021-covid-booster.html

3 Likes

Campbell on vaccine injuries and myo/pericarditis. He interviewed several people who have lasting serious health issues (racing heart rates on even mild exertion, seemingly lasting about a year). Both had nearly immediate impacts from their vaccine, such as a weird taste in their mouth right after injection, which further bolsters the hypothesis that these bad effects are associated with accidental intravenous injection.

The vaccine companies have disclaimed any responsibility for the method of administration, saying that they’re approved for and only to be given intramuscularly, but in the US nearly all injections are done without aspiration so they have no idea if that’s actually the case or not.

My last relative member who got a vaccine asked for aspiration and was told it was against policy and they couldn’t do it. They mentioned the research showing very very high rates of similar heart damage in mice injected intravenously with the mRNA covid vaccines and asked the nurse to “be very careful” about it. Sometimes you can’t ask them to promise something they’re not allowed to do, but you can hope they still do the right thing when no one’s looking.

The guy in question discusses some support groups as well as various supplements, including ivermectin, that seem to be helpful in treating these vaccine injury related health problems. Hopefully that’s not useful to anyone here…

3 Likes

curious why would they not aspirate? I have had the weird taste not w/ the vaccine, but with a die that was injected for MRI scan so I know what they’re talking about. Weird to have that taste so quick after injection

I have been having exertion issues too (can’t do more than 2 laps w/o stopping). Any booster I or my family gets will be JNJ

Apparently this is well known for giving IV drugs like certain antibiotics. Obvious something that stayed in your muscle wouldn’t be showing up in your mouth a few seconds later, but if it was IV by mistake it very well could.

I’m not sure why the US hasn’t taught the last generation of nurses to aspirate. I vaguely remember that it was supposed to hurt a bit more, and maybe they judged it was rare enough it didn’t matter? But mRNA vaccines are new and the side effects of accidental IV injection could be worse than just putting in bits of flu proteins since they float around and trigger your immune system , rather than get incorporated into your heart cells who show it off on their membranes and call down your immune system to attack them…

3 Likes

Does anyone know what the deal is between Pfizer and Comirnaty? I heard a show that indicated they were related but different. Trying to understand if this is real or fake.

e class="onebox allowlistedgeneric" data-onebox-src="https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/you-asked-we-answered-are-pfizers-comirnaty-and-biontech-covid-19-vaccines-the-same-or-different">
nebraskamed.com

They are chemically identical. “Comirnaty” is a brand name that they added/changed during the approval process (likely failing to anticipate that conspiracy theorists would use this as ammunition)

4 Likes

Yep My DNP wife confirms that they were taught not to aspirate, but not told why… Dentists are taught to aspirate.

I would think that eventually it would make it’s way to the bloodstream, but the immediacy/dose is the problem. I definitely didn’t get a taste with IM (hopefully) PFE… Going to get JNJ booster just to play it safe

1 Like

In case anyone else is as stupid as I am and doesn’t know what “aspiration” means, it refers to aspiration of the needle before injection. Here’s a description I (finally) found:

Sounds like it could be painful.

4 Likes

It does take longer/maybe painful on redirect, but it is safer.

1 Like

I’m debating waiting for JNJ for my 6 yo, any progress there?

mRNAs are the only news I see. Even as JNJ boosters, not the other way around

If you’re thinking about checking your antibody levels to see if you might want to get a booster shot, well, it’s not that simple.

The antibody levels are only loosely correlated with less bad outcomes if you get infected, and also the antibodies that matter may not be the ones the tests detect. And of course your immune system, if it’s working and learned from the vaccine exposure the first time, will make a lot more in few days if you do get infected.

One day they’ll have all this figured out, but today is not that day.

4 Likes

But, in the meantime, the vaccine is safe and effective … as the day is long. :wink:

1 Like

UK planning to make the unboosted second class citizens

3 Likes

Boosters expansion to everyone looks like it’s in the works.

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-vaccine-boosters-holidays-thanksgiving-america-4011f2c6-eecd-4e5d-8cfb-e5545ca59b8b.html

Note the FDA didn’t approve it except for high risk people, although of course you could get one if you want as no one is checking that carefully.

3 Likes

That’s what I did today. I didn’t qualify in the strictest sense, but it was 7 months since my 2nd shot so I went to get a third Pfizer injection.

I didn’t do it because I was afraid of catching severe covid, I did it because I didn’t want to catch it while traveling and have to deal with all the associated costs and hassle of being stranded somewhere while waiting for the test to turn negative. We like to travel a lot and presumably airlines and governments will start to look for three of these at some point.

It is kind of silly that all these pharmacies act as gatekeepers for this vaccine, while they will let anyone and everyone get as many flu shots, Td boosters, etc as they want. Let people read the science for themselves and make their own call. This isn’t exactly the same as self-prescribing pain killers where the wrong decision leads to dangerous consequences.

3 Likes

I don’t get your point. The COVID shot is free (paid by the govt), while the flu and others are not (paid by you or your insurance), right?

My point is - I should be able to decide for myself what goes into my body, within reasonable limits. It shouldn’t be up to a board of bureaucrats in Washington to decide who gets a 3rd shot or not.

If I want to purchase a shot at $40 per shot, I should be able to do that, just like any other preventive vaccination. As is, with the government controlling supply and being the “single payer”, I suppose we are getting a taste of what a nationalized health care system would look like.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, that premise was shot down long before a booster entered the picture…

1 Like