Pfizer: Generally safe, 5-10x antibody levels seen. Another dose of the same authorized serum.
Working on a booster as well - either another dose of the current authorized serum, a serum tweaked to better target African variant (.351), or a 50/50 mix of the above. They have yet to apply for an EUA for their booster.
Initial data from Moderna’s Phase 2 study in the U.S. showed that a single 50 µg dose of mRNA-1273 or mRNA-1273.351 given as a booster to previously vaccinated individuals increased neutralizing antibody titer responses against SARS-CoV-2 and two variants of concern, B.1.351 (first identified in South Africa) and P.1 (first identified in Brazil). A booster dose of mRNA-1273.351, the Company’s strain-matched booster, achieved higher neutralizing antibody titers against the B.1.351 variant of concern than a booster dose of mRNA-1273. Safety and tolerability profiles following third dose booster injections of 50 µg of mRNA-1273 or mRNA-1273.351 were generally comparable to those observed after the second dose of mRNA-1273 in the previously reported Phase 2 and Phase 3 studies. A manuscript describing these preliminary results was submitted as a preprint to medRxiv and will be submitted for peer-reviewed publication upon completion of the multivalent mRNA-1273.211 booster arm.
- ASAP - 6 months from when I was fully vaccinated. There are walk in clinics all over the place - doesn’t matter what FDA says.
- As soon as FDA gives the EUA for a booster shot.
- I’ll get a booster dose if I expect to be engaging in higher risk activity, such as travelling or nightlife.
- This is unexplored territory - I’ll hold off for a few months after FDA gives the EUA for a booster shot.
- I’ll wait for full authorization for a booster shot. It might be quite a while (~6 months) after the EUA and others start getting boosters.
- I don’t think boosters are necessary, but I’ll think about it again in a year or so.
- Booster shot already? Oops, it slipped my mind and I’d need to get vaccinated first!
- I’ll never risk getting vaccinated. Period.
Certain groups has been getting third doses already on their advice of the doctors, such as the immunocompromised. It appears to be safe. The booster round will be more interesting, as it may be possible to get a booster shot without waiting for the FDA. There should be no concerns about depriving others as there are abundant shots available in the US. In June, the U.S. inked an agreement to purchase another 200 MM shots from Moderna.
Created this to see what folk’s thoughts are, and to separate discussions from getting initial vaccination.