CD Discussion Thread

Did you buy any? I bought some this morning.

I have a CD that matures today at Langley FCU. Checking in I’m surprised to see a new 5% 15 month CD offer advertised today.

The credit Union had already replaced my funds into a 3% 12 months CD. Luckily for me I had it changed to their new 5% CD. :blush:

2 Likes

Time to remind everyone that while treasuries are fully backed by the Federal government, any CDs over $250k per bank (per registration) are only backed by the FDIC and they’re feeling a bit nervous these days.

1 Like

No, I locked in relatively big with GTE a couple months ago, and now only have my wait-and-see money - and I’m willing to continue waiting before chosing a home for it.

I dont think we’ll see 6% long term rates, maybe not even 5.5%, but I’m betting it gets a little better than 5% before it starts getting worse.

Bought the 5.25% 2-yr AmEx non-callable brokered CD from Fidelity this morning. The 2-yr treasury is only yielding 3.89%.

3 Likes

Sun Canyon Bank has a 1-year CD Special at 5.35% APY w/$5k minimum deposit. Available nationwide thru online application.

4 Likes

the 6mo alliant cu is 4.75apy since 3-16-2023… did it drop from 3-1-23?

Yes.

1 Like

Post on CDs in bank failures cross linked to the bank failures thread. There can be headaches and lost interest.

2 Likes

Just noticed that Pacific Western Bank has some 5.5% CDs – 5mo, 7mo and 13mo. I don’t have an account with them, just passing along the information.

3 Likes

New-issue 5-yr brokered CDs are back down to a 4.65% coupon rate.

A new 5% 5yr CD issued last week is currently selling for $101.3, dropping the yield to 4.7%.

1 Like

This chart should explain their generous rates.

1 Like

Sorry that I’m slightly making this political, but it’s only for the humour …

Channeling the Trumpster …
It’s a beautiful chart …
It’s an amazing chart …
The best chart in the world … that the world has ever seen …
… through the end of January. :smile:

Ally 11-month No Penalty CD is DOWN from 4.75% APY to 4.35% APY.

6 Likes

Langley Federal Credit Union has a 22-month Promotional Certificate at 5.35% APY w/$500 minimum deposit. No max deposit, includes IRA Certificates. Easy membership (no requirements).

3 Likes

For those who didn’t get in on the Ally 11mo no-penalty CDs when they were at 4.75% APY (they are now at 4.35% APY), CIT Bank offers a 11mo no-penalty CD at 4.80% APY (but unlike Ally, the minimum to open this CD is 1K).

3 Likes

Bump

Hyperion Bank is offering 5.5% APY on a 19-month CD.

2 Likes

Alliant 12 month 5.0% APY.

3 Likes

Brokered primary issue 5-yr CDs are down to a 4.4% rate.

A brokered CD literally issued yesterday at par with a 4.65% rate is now selling for a 1.2% premium.

4 Likes