CD Discussion Thread

Ally 11-month no penalty CD is DOWN (again) to 4.25% APY.

2 Likes

This promo has been discontinued.

I think rates are about as good as they’re going to get. The only question is how long they stay at these levels.

2 Likes

I’m also thinking that CD rates are maxing out. Now finding a fairly decent rate for a longer term is my goal.

I noticed a posting this morning that caught my attention because its an old CU that I haven’t used in years. GTE Financial, Jumbo CD’s 4.7% 48 mo, or 4.8% 60 mo. I checked GTE and I still have $5 in their savings.

So it’s not a 5% CD but longer term than most advertised lately. :innocent:

5 Likes

Alliant 18 month CD 5.15%.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Yes, i noticed a couple 8-9 months CD rates up close to 6%. I’m not interested in those short terms.

I’m more interested in the 4-5 year CD’s @ 4.8%. I still have my jumbo $$’s payout from Alliant CU. I’ll be jumping soon. :wink:

3 Likes

Northern Bank Direct has a 9 month CD at 5.5%.

3 Likes

I just bought this Alliant CD with a term of 2yr less one day at 5.15%.

6 Likes

Thanks for info.

NASA Federal CU has some Share Certificate Specials –

9-month (5.50% APY)
15-month (5.30% APY)
49-month (4.60% APY)

Minimum $10k deposit, new money, available May 1 through May 31, 2023.

Easy membership requirement via free membership in the American Consumer Council (ACC).

6 Likes

They seem to have CD specials quite regularly. I applied for membership yesterday, still waiting on approval. Anyone applied recently?

4 Likes

I’m sorry. I am sure I have een looking in the wrong place but where did u see this? thx

https://northernbankdirect.com/cds

3 Likes

Monesty Bank (div of American Commerce Bank, of GA, but not necessarily Commerce, GA)

Fixed interest rates:
1-yr: 5.10% (5.22% APY**)
2-yr: 5.15% (5.27% APY**)

Just bought the 9mo 5.5% CD today. My account was opened last week and it took me a while to get the funds into Nasa. I pushed the money in using Fidelity; Nasa’s own ACH system is useless.

Nasa lets you change the maturity option online – either to renew or transfer to your savings account.

1 Like

Update. The 9 month at Northern Direct is now down to .4%. However, the 15 month is now 5.5%.

Note that you apparently need to call to open the CD, which is absurd in 2023. With the exception of two CDs I opened with a local credit union, I’ve opened dozens of CDs in the past decade and never had to talk to anyone.

3 Likes

GTE increased their 48-mo CD to 4.85% APY with the jumbo being offered at 5.12%.

They have dropped the rate on the 60-mo though.

6 Likes

Thanks for the latest GTO info. I just checked on the Jumbo rate I received on my 60 month CD, 4.7%. Hard to keep up with rate changes, but 5%’ long terms seem GONE…

2 Likes

nbd 15 mo now 0.55%apy

1 Like

It didnt just drop - the 60-month went from 4.8% all the way down to 3.3% (for jumbo). Raising the 48-month rate is rather curious, that’s a huge falloff for only 12 additional months - I’m not doing the math, but it’s got to be close for the 48-month to net you more over 60 months, even earning 0% those extra 12 months.

1 Like