Choose your favorite SCOTUS Justice

Do not be bashful. Everyone has their favorite! This thread allows you to choose your SCOTUS Justice favorite from among the nine. And if you dislike them all, feel free to cast your vote on that line:

• John Roberts
  • Clarence Thomas
  • Stephen Breyer
  • Samuel Alito
  • Sonia Sotomayor
  • Elena Kagan
  • Neil Gorsuch
  • Brett Kavanaugh
  • Amy Coney Barrett
  • They all stink!!

0 voters

This is an automatically-generated Wiki post for this new topic. Any member can edit this post and use it as a summary of the topic’s highlights.

Tough call between Alito and Thomas. I’ve probably sided more with Thomas on the few opinions they have come out differently, but it’s hard to call him my favorite since he doesn’t ask any questions of the lawyers from the bench. I consistently enjoy hearing what Alito has to ask and say and I enjoy reading his opinions a lot as well. So I picked Alito. I watched an interview with Barrett recently and she has a pretty cool life story (not as cool as Thomas’s, he’s got the best), so I’m interested to see how she leans and how her opinions read.

Really? I couldnt even begin to name all 9. For me, it’s always been “The Supreme Court”, not 9 individuals.

Interesting. I’m getting really bad with names in my old age. It’s very challenging at times. I try to remember but it’s as if there is a hole in my brain where that name once was. If I sit long enough trying hard to remember, sometimes I have success. But not every time.

All that notwithstanding, I’m pretty certain my ability to name every member of the Court remains intact, including a few I wish I could forget! :grinning:

Write in for Learned Hand.

1 Like

I have to go with Thomas. I remember all the the turmoil he went through with Anita Hill. He came out so strong. True he doesn’t do much talking, but he puts out great votes. ALWAYS DEPENDABLE.

2 Likes

So much for an independent branch of the government. SAD!

2 Likes

What? It’s limited to the current crop? Here’s my mail-in vote: John Jay

2 Likes

I picked Alito before watching this. It just solidified my choice. This speech I actually better than any of Scalia’s. Not because Alito is better than Scalia, but because Alito specifically brings up the most controversial issues on his own. Normally you could only get Scalia to talk about his opinion on this stuff in an interview where you ask him about it directly.

2 Likes

@xerty: Cool name, but he was never a Supreme Court Justice.

Disappointing I know.

1 Like

Not to be confused with the “invisible hand” … or Adam Smith, although Learned is pretty invisible in education … as is Adam Smith.