Chrome OS Flex can revive your old PC or Mac computer gratis

The price is right on this one.

Learn more here and get started. Free is cheap!

Install Chrome OS Flex on your PCs and Macs so they are secure, boot fast, don’t slow down over time, update automatically in the background, and can be managed from the cloud.

2 Likes

This is an automatically-generated Wiki post for this new topic. Any member can edit this post and use it as a summary of the topic’s highlights.

So can Linux. And Linux won’t give all your data to the goooogle.

3 Likes

Chrome OS Flex is (essentially) Linux. You should know that.

Just with better support.

[quote=“shinobi, post:4, topic:4422, full:true”]
Chrome OS Flex is (essentially) Linux. You should know that.

Uh, I beg to differ. While Chrome OS Flex was definitely built on Linux, it was nerver CLOSE to Linus in terms of freedom.

Is Chicom speak for “people freedom”.

Chrome OS Flex mines your data (and thus, YOU). Yes, you don’t have to pay (upfront) for an OS, but everything you do is mined. The data that is mined (by evilGoogle) has a value. That value is more than the price of the 10 year old pc/laptop.

When was the last time you talked to Google support … Nevermind, I know you’ve never talked to Google Suppot. When was the last “positive” resolution from Google to ANYTHING?

That was my point exactly.

No dispute. That is not anything I addressed in my “support” comment. Truth is that where Linus’s creation remains, even to this day, a bit “rough around the edges”, the Chrome OS Flex support team at Google has smoothed out some (not all) of those wrinkles. And that’s what I meant by “support”.

I concede that while Linux was “Just for Fun”, Chrome OS Flex is (instead) mostly “just for profit”. But this is 2022. We have to adapt to such realities as this or else simply avoid Flex.

By the way, I read Linus’s book . . . . twice. :grinning:

And I’m a fan.

1 Like

Interesting. Thanks @shinobi ! I would probably prefer straight Linux but may check this out as it appears to allow dual boot/USB boot option easily.

No problemo.

And don’t forget, Chrome OS Flex remains very much a work in progress. Even today there are two versions available for download, one stable and one out there on the cutting edge. But both versions are free. :wink:

Chrome OS Flex mines your data (and thus, YOU). Yes, you don’t have to pay (upfront) for an OS, but everything you do is mined. The data that is mined (by evilGoogle) has a value. That value is more than the price of the 10 year old pc/laptop.

Everyone (business) has an app, credit card, and/or rewards program (restaurant, stores, etc.) = mined data. Credit history, rental history, employment history, and on and on. We don’t get paid in dollars for these other than being able to procure credit, rent, or a job. I’m curious but have anyone here gotten paid for their ‘mined’ data other than as rewards? I know there are startups that you can sign up to get paid for your data, BUT data is being mined everywhere. So, yes, Google mines your data and sells it, but unless you are actively avoiding being mined (ie: duck duck go, no Android, no iOS device) or getting paid for that data; you might as well use their products, even if the ‘value’ is more than the all the products combined (Android, Chrome, Drive, Sheet, Photos, etc.). I’m sure there are alternatives that are free as well but probably not as well polished or as well integrated. And like any free product from Google or other source, the product can be dropped at any time, no more development or support.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

compare to something like Chromium OS ?

anyone have straight to d/l page link? Get ChromeOS Flex for PC or Mac - Chrome Enterprise

1 Like