Combining Citibank checking and savings promotions

So I was about to sign up for this $400 promotion from Citi, but then I saw the terms and conditions for this Savings promotion.

From the way I read it, I should be able to put $25k into the Savings account, have it earn 2% interest for 90 days, and get paid $400 as a bonus ($500 with 2 consecutive direct deposits). Would you guys agree?

Here’s the key info from both T&C:
CAN I ENROLL IN MULTIPLE SAVINGS AND CHECKING ACCOUNT OFFERS?
Yes, with the following limitations. The $400/$500 Checking and Savings Offer is a checking account offer. Eligible Customers are limited to one checking account offer during the Offer Period. If you enroll in multiple checking account offers during the Offer Period and fulfill multiple checking account offers in the same month, you will be awarded the offer with the highest bonus value. If you enroll in multiple checking account offers during the Offer Period and fulfill multiple checking account offers across different months, you will be awarded the bonus of the first checking offer to qualify. Eligible Customers may be enrolled in a Citibank checking offer and savings offer during the same offer period unless expressly prohibited; however, each offer must be funded separately.

CAN I ENROLL AND FULFILL MULTIPLE SAVINGS AND CHECKING OFFERS DURING THE OFFER PERIOD?
Yes, with the following limitations. The Promotional Interest Rate Offer is a savings account offer. When multiple savings offers are available within an Offer Period, customers may participate in more than one savings account offer during the Offer Period. However, customers can only participate in each savings account offer once per Offer Period. If an Eligible Customer enrolls in multiple savings account offers during the Offer Period, the requirements of each offer must be met separately. Customers may be enrolled in a checking account promotion and savings account promotion during the same Offer Period unless expressly prohibited; however, the requirements of each promotion must be met separately and with different accounts.

This is an automatically-generated Wiki post for this new topic. Any member can edit this post and use it as a summary of the topic’s highlights.

I have stayed away from all Citi offers… why? I have a joint checking acct with wife for 25 years and every offer excludes current acct holders… BUT there are so many data points on the web about them not coming through with the bonus(s) Too numerous to mention and many had to go the phone/federal banking control office/. Just not worth the time and effort. Just open some credit cards for 500.00 bonuses. (capone Savor/chase sapphire/etc)

1 Like

also if you call you deal with folks in India and Philippines that you can not understand. You have to keep calling to get someone you can understand.

I’ve done one Citi offer two years ago, and I got it no problem. I think I did make one phone call, but I spoke to someone who sounded native. $500 without a hard inquiry earning an additional $125 in interest over 3 months sound pretty good. Total respect for the credit card app-o-rama, but a bank-o-rama can be fun too :slight_smile:

1 Like