Does the coronavirus merit investment, or personal, concern or consideration?

Good information… Thanks.
We need to hear this. Some day we’ll all be safer with the vaccine.

I know it’s tough, but can you please keep your political hatred to the political thread. And, IIRC, you were a big opponent / offendee of name calling … glass houses.

or with recovering from an asymptomatic infection.

OK :slight_smile:

True, but I didn’t participate in any name calling.

1 Like

I tried to get back and delete the whole message, but was too slow. That seems to be happening more and more. :grimacing:

I read it as you calling shinobi a keyword spammer.

That’s hardly “name calling”. He has a habit of inserting tangential nouns and adjectives in his “colorful” descriptions of certain things.

You say potato.

Hi, Potato. I’m Bend3r.

3 Likes

No, as mentioned upthread, the S Africa strain is not affected by the antibody treatments or antibodies left after “recovery” from the other strains.

But the vaccine still works on it though, so that’s good for now. As many people as possible need to be vaccinated ASAP and the virus quashed through continued mitigation efforts in concert with the vaccine (yes, unfortunately this is more on a couple years timeline minimum worldwide).
The more unnecessary infections, the more mutations that will occur. Eventually there will be one more infectious and more deadly, and variants that even the vaccines are useless against.

2 Likes

That’s not a given, but I agree the sooner we stop the experiment, the sooner we don’t have to find out.

2 Likes

Groundbreaking discovery, ain’t it…

2 Likes

Looks like the Trump qanon pockets are holding nursing homes and hospitals hostage. Some have 100% participation and others at 40%.

“It’s a race against social media,” Wright said of battling falsehoods about the vaccines.

I wish I could have it now. Once everybody is vaccinated- all of these ridiculous travel deals are going to evaporate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe they will, maybe they won’t :slight_smile:. I think the travel industry is gonna reel until it shrinks to adjust for reduced demand. Businesses finally realized that business travel, which made up a significant portion of airline/hotel/rental car business, is unnecessary and wasteful.

2 Likes

Or it might just disappear one day

wink, wink

2 Likes

I don’t see the problem, sounds like the old people know their risks (high) and take the vaccine, while some the much younger staff would rather face the unknown long term risks of covid over the unknown long term risks of the vaccines. Hard fo know if they’re right, but it’s a personal call. Just hurry up and start giving the shots to people who want them.

4 Likes

This sounds like an argument for forcing it on people even if they don’t want it.

1 Like