Does the coronavirus merit investment, or personal, concern or consideration?

Republican house means they might actually investigate the NIH funding gain of function in Wuhan.

Cheer up sleepy Jean … save your dreams for something that’s possible. :frowning: I do admire your hope, though.

1 Like

China looks to be slowly ending their zero covid policies

1 Like

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/scientist-who-worked-at-wuhan-lab-says-covid-was-man-made-virus/ar-AA14RQbg?cvid=8ec725368c7f4f5fa9b641ca9d8e6d3b

I dont know if this guy is credible. But I do know he is an epidemiologist. And for nearly 3 years now, we’ve been told (nay, it’s been demanded) that us common folk arent epidemiologists so we need to listen to and blindly believe those who are…

the “biggest US intelligence failure since 9/11,”

This is the bottom line. Everyone was too focused on trying to dig up (or manufacture) dirt on Trump.

3 Likes

Well he did work at EcoHealth, the US side partner of the Wuhan Lab. The Sun isn’t my first choice source, but I guess he’s got a book coming out. This seemed plausible.

He quit EcoHealth Alliance in 2016 “due to a large number of ethical concerns with the scientific work and EcoHealth Alliance as a whole”.

But in late 2019, he was suddenly offered a position at Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) - and was told he would need top security clearance and a polygraph for the job.

Dr Huff now believes he was approached for the role to keep him quiet about the origins of Covid.

“It is my belief that people working within the US government potentially identified me as a risk to knowing firsthand that the SARS-CoV-2 disease emergence event was a consequence of the US government’s sponsorship of the genetic engineering of SARS-CoV-2 domestically and abroad,” he said in his book.

1 Like

More on origins and the Fauci coverup via those disclosed emails.

Hence, [Andersen] wrote, he and his three colleagues, Holmes, Farzan, and Garry, “all find the genome inconsistent with expectations from evolutionary theory,” meaning it wasn’t made in nature.

This would be a stunning discovery, if true, and one that its authors doubtless intended to publish as soon as possible, even though it would trigger a political maelstrom. Andersen surely expected praise for this sensational insight and that Fauci would give helpful advice about presenting the discovery to the public.

But would the NIH leadership indeed have been overjoyed to see the mother of all public inquiries into the possibility of a link between its support of research at Wuhan and the outbreak of the pandemic? Quick action would be needed to avert any such disaster. Instead of appreciation, Andersen finds himself the very next day on a teleconference with Fauci, Collins, and senior British medical officials, being confronted by a bunch of European gain-of-function virologists baying for his blood. To Andersen’s dismay, it seems that Fauci is not so pleased. Collins, too, is seriously unhappy, fretting in an email the next day that “the voices of conspiracy will quickly dominate, doing great potential harm to science and international harmony.”

Evidently, Andersen has gotten the wrong answer. Right scientifically, maybe, but oh, so erroneous politically.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s the conspiracy that does great harm, not the voices calling it out.

1 Like

Fauci’s full testimony. He pulls a Clinton and doesn’t remember much, especially about lab leak suppression.

you can see from Fauci’s testimony that his public statements about COVID-19 origins and the necessity to wear a mask didn’t match his private conversations. This has been known for some time, but it’s finally nice to get him on record.

Well, he at least can’t be charged with perjury … for that. :slightly_smiling_face:

Here’s a new one - the COVID 19 vaccine makes you a safer driver! :wink:

2 Likes

:laughing: It’s probably not the vaccine, but the behavior / tendencies associated with getting or not getting the vaccine.

Those who practice risky behaviors are … at a higher risk of negative consequences.

5 Likes

Yes, that pretty much was the point of the story (whether you agree with the premise or not). It was just too good of a headline to pass up. :grin:

2 Likes

For those interested, you can order free home Covid tests again.

2 Likes

Right on time, I was about to buy more as I’m running low on my previous orders.

Unfortunately I may still have to order soon, since 4 tests isn’t enough for a household of 3 or more. We seem to be going through a couple per month.

NIH is getting half a billion in the new spending bill, just for their racist DIE dept to make sure the next gain of function pandemic is lab leaked by some unqualified minority.

$524.4 million for a DEI and “structural racism” focused NIH subdivision

3 Likes

So they will move their animal and human experiments out of China, because we all know that Chinese is not a minority. I guess that will also exclude India and Pakistan. :rofl:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-12-23/china-estimates-covid-surge-is-infecting-37-million-people-a-day

ACCORDING TO ESTIMATES FROM THE GOVERNMENT’S MAIN HEALTH AUTHORITY, APPROXIMATELY 37 MILLION PEOPLE IN CHINA MAY HAVE CONTRACTED COVID-19 ON A SINGLE DAY THIS WEEK, MAKING THE COUNTRY’S OUTBREAK BY FAR THE GREATEST IN THE WORLD.

Covid / Biden censoring on Twitter.

When the Biden administration took over, its agenda for the American people can be summed up as: Be very afraid of Covid and do exactly what we say to stay safe.

Throughout the pandemic, Twitter repeatedly propped up the official government line that prioritizing mitigation over other concerns was the best approach to the pandemic. Information that challenged that view—for example, that pointed out the low risk children faced from the virus, or that raised questions about vaccine safety or effectiveness—was subject to moderation and suppression.

In my review of internal files, I found numerous instances of tweets about vaccines and pandemic policies labeled as “misleading” or taken down entirely, sometimes triggering account suspensions, simply because they veered from CDC guidance or differed from establishment views.

For example, a tweet by @KelleyKga, a self-proclaimed public health fact checker with more than 18,000 followers, was flagged as “misleading,” and replies and likes disabled, for showing that Covid was not the leading cause of death in children, even though it cited the CDC’s own data .

2 Likes

the pandemic is over in china.

https://www.reuters.com/world/china/china-drop-covid-tests-inbound-travellers-jan-8-2022-12-28/

PCR checks for imported chilled and frozen foods will also be dropped, China’s General Administration of Customs said.

Remember this was their excuse that somehow the virus from the Wuhan Lab had snuck in from elsewhere in frozen food. It’s the Chinese version of Russian oligarchs dying by falling out of windows - so absurd that you know they’re mocking you.

completely unrelated, other countries are now, 3 years late, testing and blocking passengers from China since over 50% of them currently have covid.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-12-28/milan-reports-50-of-passengers-in-flights-from-china-have-covid

1 Like

bump