"green energy" feasibility and investment opportunities

And the first thing you look at is your rear view mirror to make sure the person behind you is stopped. The second thing to look at is your gas gauge.

2 Likes

Which doesn’t exist in an EV… and is the point :slight_smile:

The point being that you wont have the stress of watching the minutes tick down before you start to die? :wink:

2 Likes

What point? … That you won’t know when your vehicle dies and you’re stuck until a drone drops a battery on your head? That you can laugh at all of the people sitting in warm cars while you (not you personally) freeze to death? That you can take comfort in the fact that your (not you personally) death will save the planet by one less human exhaling C02? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wonder how the Floridians who only have an electric car felt about having to evacuate from their homes in the path of the hurricane?

Luckily for them they live in the free state of Florida so, as long as they keep voting for Republicans, the choice will be up to them.

1 Like

Here is evidence of Newsom’s national ambitions. Otherwise, he would be pointing at California gasoline prices as proof that he and the other Democrats are totally woke. He still threatened the gasoline stations with price controls if they do not lower prices.
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/newsom-relaxes-refinery-rules-california-gas-prices-soar-90800083

Brings to mind the old joke - We’ve already determined what you are. We’re now finding your price. :wink:

1 Like

More on the California Democrats gasoline prices

1 Like

Maybe this explains why the Biden administration sabotaged the pipelines? :shushing_face:

I thought you’ve posted a Bee article … but NO, he is really saying it. What’s more, millions of Californians, among others, will believe it - logic be damned.

Someone should tell MI that EVs don’t work great in cold weather.

4 Likes

Yes. Not my point, glitch99’s point.

My point was that just cause your car won’t run doesn’t mean you have to freeze to death.

I see, but won’t the added weight of a cord of wood cut down on your mileage? :wink:

2 Likes

Valero had a nice reply to the CA whining about their gas prices.

https://twitter.com/zavalaa/status/1578541331340673024?s=46&t=DGx7V_tk_60TjWUvvczFZw

1 Like

I read the letter. It doesn’t explain why our (CA) prices are higher now than they were at the previous peak. The spread from the rest of US gas prices is greater than ever before even though nothing changed recently in terms of taxation or regulation.

As explained in the letter, one of the differences this time is that several of the refineries are off-line for maintenance. California’s boutique blend of gasoline makes us susceptible since there are not many refineries in California.

2 Likes
2 Likes

More from the LA Times on CA gas prices. It’s not a new problem.

State leaders and energy companies find themselves balancing California’s aggressive green energy goals while providing affordable and reliable energy during this transitional time.

“Do I have the new infrastructure fast enough before I retire the old infrastructure, and what happens if you’re in the middle?” said Amy Myers Jaffe, the managing director of Tufts University Climate Policy Lab and a former executive director for energy and sustainability at UC Davis.

“The way we’re doing it now is you just let the fuel costs go up and then we leave poor people with no ability to get anywhere… . And then [California leaders] grandstand against the oil companies — that’s not a solution.”

prior spikes mentioned

He also pointed to two cases in the last decade when refineries had unplanned maintenance issues: In September 2019, when five refineries had outages and prices spiked about 34 cents per gallon, and the 2015 explosion at a Torrance refinery that caused a 46-cent increase.

2 Likes

The letter states that the maintenance activity at the Valero refinery was planned, and they “made appropriate arrangements” to prepare for it by building up inventory or getting supplies elsewhere. Since they were prepared for the maintenance outage, it does not explain the price increase.

I do not know the details but it’s reasonable that there are other refineries run by different companies and they may also be under maintenance.

2 Likes