Ground Rules on Swearing

Before anyone gets worried that we’re going to trample on users’ unique personalities, fear not. The rule is simple, please avoid using curse words. I was going to make a list, but will trust in everyone’s good judgment for now.

I understand that folks use some mild profanity in their daily conversation. But it’s gratuitous when posting, and absolutely unacceptable when addressing other members.

I’m not writing this in response to a problem, or anything like that, just getting around to laying out ground rules.

9 Likes

Really?

1 Like

Yeah I’m kind of with V on this one. But I guess I’ll have to be a good little girl.

1 Like

I promise we’re not becoming a nanny state here. There’s not even a filter setup or the like (why do I feel like I’m going to regret making that known).

Just laying out some ground rules.

2 Likes

If you need to know what to avoid, here’s a good place to start your research: Seven dirty words - Wikipedia

Damn, I guess I’m going to hell for utterances…

Those about the worst I use when posting. Or everyday speech, unless the audience is a group of military buddies, then every-f*@King thing is ok…

2 Likes

Great to see you techy!!

1 Like