Individual Stock Discussions

They let me read it without anything special. Try this link.

2 Likes

TSLA -15% premarket, not having a good day after failing to make the S&P cut.

2 Likes

But didnā€™t you see the Marketwatch ā€œarticleā€ about TSLA rising on Monday, outpacing the market?

(Bot ā€œarticlesā€ are funny. Links are dead now )

1 Like

Lol, theyā€™ve got their bots working overtime writing articles on the (trading) holiday.

2 Likes

Nevermind.

Owners of CRISPR Therapeutics [NASDAQ:CRSP], and those who follow the stock, might find of interest this eveningā€™s Nova presentation on PBS. Broadcast times vary. Consult your local listings.

1 Like

:frowning: aapl not back down to $60 yet

Edit: intraday a new post-split low ($108.66), 21.5% down from the high.
Only ~$40% more to go then I could go longgg again.

1 Like

Half a trillion in just over 2 weeks.

half

Been away for a while but Iā€™m backā€¦ I was expecting some of you would be talking about some of the electric car stocks on here like Nikola, workhorse and such.

Iā€™ve got a little NKLA right now, but thatā€™s because the short selling hit piece knocked the price down recently, and hopefully not for too long. PIC is the latest EV-via-spac play.

Bad morning for this position?

Gone as of 4am, got $25-26 for it.

ETA not a great price tactically for the day, but sure is better than holding til nowā€¦

SPI - presented without comment. The stock was $1 before, since itā€™s hard to see on the chart.

2 Likes
52 Wk Low 0.55
52 Wk High 46.67

It looks like a combo pump-n-dump and short squeeze. :grimacing:

What are the chances of seeing apple below $100? Most of tech stocks are still high up there.

if say 50/50 seeing it below $100 first or ending up above $200. Not based on any data.

I think Iā€™m staying mostly on the sidelines until after the election. I could see things getting much more expensive though while Iā€™m on the sidelinesā€¦

$100k Ford ($70k unrealized losses), $160k AAPL ($124k unrealized gains), $160k cash at IB.
$125k cash, $45k annuity, $40k index at 403b.

Iā€™m considering cutting some more Ford and realizing some losses to offset some of my short term gains. Iā€™m probably sitting at 50-80X Trumpā€™s annual income taxes right now.

Not a bad idea for tax loss harvesting using Ford. I too considered it but Iā€™m waiting until the next cycle of Truck get released before i think of selling ford. I know the Dividends are still cancelled but I feel like the new trucks F150, Mustang Mach E and the Bronco line will make this stock rebound a good deal, not like high teens but back up to 9.00+ and after the bronco released and hype builds, maybe even around 11. If Fordā€™s hype machine can stirr up the car enthusiast with the Mach E, they will want to get into the electric Mustang. We just wonā€™t get the 1400 hp version but with mods, we can still have fun. https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2020/07/21/all-electric-mustang-mach-e-1400-prototype.html

Thatā€™s been ford for a decade. Always looks good around the cornerā€¦

An alternate option is I could open a charitable fund and bunch a few future years of charitable contributions. Probably at the point where I can support the $100 yearly fee making sense for fidelity charitable. Downside is deducting less if I transfer to the fund now rather than in the future (when the aapl could be worth more)

1 Like