Individual Stock Discussions

This made me nauseous:

Galvin said that regulators can make an example of GameStop. “I think if you made an example out of one, then I think perhaps people might start to think about it before they do anything further,” he said.

So, TPTB have to make an example out of some unsophisticated millennials. Only rich and sophisticated people should play the markets. The rest of you, losers, go back and work your minimum wage jobs till you drop dead.

1 Like

The real threat is that ppl were making more money trading than investing and if that kept up, no one would pay Wall St for investment mgmt fees. Plus those guys can’t (and some forbade their advisors from) recommendations on GME and similar. If you’re big, you can get sued for making reckless picks, even when what people was are reckless picks.

4 Likes

so what the’s next best subreddit for those late to the party?

4 Likes

K so nothing easy & free? I was thinking to get a list of all with say short interest > 15% of float…

When big funds start losing real money, you know somethings going to change.

1 Like

The crazy AH downspikes look like they’re making their way back

No it was private (the mods restricted it), and it’s back already. Not the first time, they did that a lot last year.

3 Likes

I’d settle for cheap like GME was @ ~$3

I’m in from yesterday at $80 breakeven Feb5’21 (two short $125 puts I was paid $45.50 each for).

Nice job you got in at $3??

I’m not feeling too great about my BB Feb12’21 short puts ($16.50 breakeven) from yesterday and today. Feels like there might be some drastic manipulation incoming…

2 Likes

Ouch automakers. I should have sold F at $12. I’ve known about the chip shortage for weeks… IDK – is that why they’re off so much today?

I’ve seen that noted but were they really doing that or were those just restrictions on margin accounts?

I don’t know all of them, but apparently many places you can’t even sell a cash secured GME put, say betting it won’t go below $10, by putting up the $10 max you’d possibly need. This is just stupid.

NYSE PRCSE?

Not sure the best course of action during the manipulation. Large spreads (its over $10 on the GME option)

It’s still showing a small computed profit but that’s using the mid.

I’ll probably regret not closing some of the BB this morning. BB is not really shorted that significantly, was probably a bad choice.

So he sold 300

No – he sold those 300 calls YESTERDAY.

He held everything today.

1 Like
1 Like

D’Oh! I should have followed through on my question yesterday and shorted IBKR. They’re off 5% already…

Too late to short them? Will the botched chairman interview drive customers away?

Not a lot, (adding about 7% more exposure vs my existing stock), but I picked up 1 X AAPL Jan 20 '23 Call in my taxable account, for $5065. Maybe I should have picked up ten, but I’ll keep a watch on it next week hopefully a bigger pullback.

Edit: 2/8/2021
I’m on the fence of putting my 40X account back into SP index fund. Not great I moved this mostly to cash last Sept… I should have maybe moved it back after Nov or last week. It seems like the planned massive bonuses for 5%'er families (since congress doesn’t have the backbone to target to actual low and median income) will go directly to big companies as luxury item purchases.

I’ve also been going more long in AAPL again in the same vein. I predict these 5%er families will use their bonus checks to buy everyone in the family a brand new iPhone and new Macbooks.
Now I have 7 deep ITM (~$5k each) options (1.5-2yrs) to go along with my 1380 shares. Probably add maybe 4 more through this week.