Inflation/stagflation Thread

He did this in February, when first alerted to the problem, right?

1 Like

But weā€™re preparing for more Bidedflation ā€¦

This was on the pump when I filled my truck last week. The attendant came out when the pump didnā€™t print a receipt. She tore the sticker off, and complained that as soon as they pulled them off, more were put up.

Processing: IMG_0657.jpgā€¦

1 Like
2 Likes

We should expect action on the inflation front very soon, as health food is now being affectedā€¦

3 Likes
1 Like

Bull argument for oil prices, not just from the Russian sanctions screwing up the markets.

2 Likes

Need to see this production shortage charted next to a predicted demand destruction caused by electric and otherwise-more-efficient vehicles.

And increase demand from China, India, Latin America, and Africa

1 Like

Of course, the way to stop inflation is for the feds to print trillions of dollars that are then distributed to your cronies in the state government to dole out in return for votes. now why didnā€™t I think of that?

https://mobile.twitter.com/GavinNewsom/status/1527354939428655120?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1527354939428655120|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.powerlineblog.com%2Farchives%2F2022%2F05%2Fchavez-maduro-biden-and-newsom.php

2 Likes

Babysitting getting top dollar wages

1 Like

Macro

1 Like

Have you tried getting a kid to cut your lawn? :slight_smile:

1 Like

supply chains and game-able metrics

1 Like

Time for another Strategic Midterm Reserve dump?

• BIDEN ADMINISTRATION PREPARED TO AUTHORIZE RELEASE FROM NORTHEAST HOME HEATING OIL RESERVE IF CONDITIONS DETERIORATE -WHITE HOUSE OFFICIAL

• WHITE HOUSE MONITORING DIESEL SUPPLY ON EAST COAST, PREPARING POLICY ACTIONS TO MITIGATE SUPPLY CHALLENGES -OFFICIAL

• BIDEN ADMINISTRATION HAS NOTED ā€˜WORRISOME DECLINEā€™ IN DIESEL INVENTORIES IN NORTHEAST IN RECENT WEEKS -OFFICIAL

• WHITE HOUSE SAYS IT HAS SEEN MORE INDICATIONS THAT DIESEL SUPPLY SITUATION HAS STABILIZED AND THAT GROWTH IN DIESEL PRICES AT PUMP HAVE MODERATED IN RECENT DAYS -OFFICIAL

1 Like

YES! This will absolutely help people in MAY!

3 Likes

Houston Exceeds Its Credit Limit

https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=51510

by the way, even though it is in Texas, Houston is a deep left city

We contacted the Mayorā€™s office for comment, Friday.

Director of Communications Mary Benton responded with the following, noting that the problem was rectified quickly Friday morning.

ā€œLast night, shortly after 10 p.m., Fleet Management began to receive notice that fuel transactions attempted by City employees with Voyager fuel cards were being declined. COH representatives contacted Voyager and learned that due to the recent spike in fuel costs, the City of Houston credit limit under the Voyager program had been exceeded. This resulted in the cards being deactivated without notice to the City.

2 Likes

and has been for decades ā€¦ even before Austin.

What BS, or worse, pure stupidity. Iā€™m not sure which one the optimist in me should support. :frowning:

Just got this text message from my wife:

When I was leaving the grocery store, I saw a woman with two kids go in and out again. When she came back out, she was crying. I went over to see if she needed help, and she said that she was trying to help her two friends who canā€™t find formula to feed their babies. Sheā€™d been to 6 stores and none of them had it.

How is this the USA in 2022?

3 Likes

Time for another release from the Strategic Midterm Election Reserve. Gotta keep Building Back Better.

• US DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY ANNOUNCES AN ADDITIONAL NOTICE FOR THE SALE OF CRUDE OIL FROM STRATEGIC PETROLEUM RESERVE
  • SALE IS FOR UP TO 40.1 MLN BARRELS OF CRUDE OIL FROM STRATEGIC PETROLEUM RESERVE

Are there really no easy substitutions for baby formula? I donā€™t have kids. Explain it to me like Iā€™m five.