Investment impact of Russia Ukraine crisis

+1 Looks like stock market is shrugging it off, but commodities are up. Business as usual?

Of course. We still don’t even have confirmation of what happened,

• POLISH REPORTER ON BLASTS TONIGHT: MY SOURCES IN THE SERVICES SAY THAT WHAT HIT PRZEWOWO IS MOST LIKELY THE REMAINS OF A [RUSSIAN] ROCKET SHOT DOWN BY THE ARMED FORCES OF UKRAINE - RTE NEWS REPORTER TWEETS.

but time for another $40B!

• WHITE HOUSE ASKS CONGRESS FOR $37.7 BILLION IN UKRAINE AID

You can see defense stocks and related commodities spiking intraday on the missiles news. Looks like only the commodities (oil, wheat) held their gains tho.

looking like it was a Ukrainian interceptor missile that missed a Russian target and hit the Polish farm. Oops.

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1592701636291743745

1 Like

Crisis averted

1 Like

bump

aw, Poland isnt going invoke NATO Art 5 to make us all attack… Ukraine?

• POLISH PRESIDENT SAYS NOTHING PROVES THERE WAS AN INTENTIONAL ATTACK ON POLAND
  • POLISH PRESIDENT SAYS IT IS HIGHLY PROBABLE THE ROCKET WAS USED BY UKRAINIAN AIR DEFENSE
  • POLISH PRESIDENT SAYS ROCKET WAS RUSSIAN-MADE, WE HAVE NO PROOF NOW IT WAS LAUNCHED BY RUSSIA
  • POLISH PRIME MINISTER SAYS IT MAY NOT BE NECESSARY TO LAUNCH NATO ART. 4 PROCEDURE
2 Likes

so friendly fire, nothing to see here…

3 Likes

Polish politician not amused at Zelensky’s lying about and fundraising off their citizens deaths by his errant missile.

Of course he’s not amused, but he can hardly be surprised.

1 Like

I stand with Ukrainian Bots, or maybe the CIA Pro-Ukraine Bots.

1 Like

AP fires one of the reporters for trying to start WW3. His sole anonymous US intelligence source (that said the missile was shot by the Russians) remains, if he existed, still employed and undisclosed.

1 Like

Ukraine kicked out a bunch of CNN and Sky News journalists a week ago, for getting to a newly liberated city and reporting on it very quickly.

Sounds like they hadn’t finished cleaning up after the Nazis and weren’t ready for foreign press coverage just yet.

1 Like

Look, we all know that the Ukraine is, like anyone, doing whatever it takes to gain an advantage. They were invaded and seemingly, and surprisingly, ill-prepared. They’re taking every advantage to get assets from other countries. If I were in their shoes I would do the same because my survival is at stake. I will lie, doctor pictures, manipulate data, and declare propaganda as facts. What you say makes no difference as I will justify anything I do as a matter of survival.

5 Likes

Here’s another one, after their rape claims were found to have no proof.

1 Like
1 Like

This EU price cap is going to do (and accomplish) nothing, but hey, the politicians can say they did it.

Russian oil trades for less than that on the black market, and they’re not selling to the EU anyway (buyers in China and India don’t care about this limit, nor agreed to it).

1 Like

bump

Guess how much impact that $60 oil price cap is having?

• RUSSIAN ESPO OIL BLEND SELLS AT $79 PER BARREL IN ASIA, ABOUT A THIRD HIGHER THAN THE G7 PRICE CAP - TRADERS.

Meanwhile

• US ENERGY ENVOY HOCHSTEIN: WE STILL HAVE ENOUGH IN THE SPR TO RESPOND TO EMERGENCIES.

I predict a 2024 election emergency, better not drain it all at once.

2 Likes

Showing our priorities

Biden’s authorization to release a Russian felon once nicknamed ‘the Merchant of Death’ underscored the escalating pressure that his administration faced to get Griner home, particularly after the recent resolution of her criminal case and her subsequent transfer to a penal colony.

Viktor Bout was dubbed the ‘Merchant of Death’ because of his rise to the top of international arms trafficking.

Reports that MBS helped broker the deal came two days after a US federal judge rejected a lawsuit against him and other Saudi officials over Washington Post journalist Jamal Khashoggi’s violent death.

1 Like

US policy has been not to do prisoner swaps because it motivates bad actors to snatch more Americans. But Griner was too woke, A black, homosexual, anti-American, for the Biden handlers to pass up.

4 Likes