Legacy Priceline Visa Discussion - 2% cash back on all purchases

Happy 2021, looks like this card is getting some loving again.
0% for 7 months offer, might call up Barclays and see if they can moves balances around.

1 Like

Thanks rlaw, where did you see that?

I have two 0% BT offers, 4% fee, but no purchase offers.

1 Like

Might be targeted then, got it via email
hereā€™s the URL the email contained, probably wonā€™t work, but hey who knows.

https://www.barclaycardus.com/servicing/rateSale?offerId=2076551

1 Like

I donā€™t have this card but DW & I received the same offer on all of our barclays cards. Same offer on 4 or 5 cards.

Thanks. That doesnā€™t work on my cards, just resolves to a summary page, which Iā€™m taking means Iā€™m not targeted.

Received this in my email today.
Auto enrolled (no link)
Pretty decent since coupon lasts until May 2022.

Fine print:

This offer is valid for select cardmembers and is not transferable. If your account is closed or you switch to another product during the promotional period, you may no longer be eligible for this promotion. If you receive this offer and spend $300 or more in purchases, less credits, returns, and adjustments (ā€œNet Purchasesā€) with a transaction date between 3/01/2021 and 4/30/2021 using your Priceline Rewards Visa Card, you will receive a $50 Priceline Express DealsĀ® coupon. Failure to maintain your creditworthiness during the offer period may result in actions on your account, such as a credit line decrease, that would reduce your ability to take advantage of this offer. To receive a $50 Priceline Express DealsĀ® coupon, your account must be open, active, and in good standing at the time of fulfillment. The $50 Priceline Express DealsĀ® coupon will be emailed to this email address 6-8 weeks after the end of the promotion. If you unsubscribe from emails before this time period, you will be unable to receive your $50 Priceline Express DealsĀ® coupon. A Priceline Express DealsĀ® coupon is applicable towards any Express Deals hotel or rental car purchase made on Priceline.com. Book by 5/31/2022 23:59:59 EST, travel any time.

1 Like

Got the same one today.

Ugh. Theyā€™ve updated the counter to only reflect 2021 trips, so Iā€™m back down to 2 from 24. Ah well.

As of today, does express rental car qualify for 5%?

I recently redeemed airline ticket transactions with the 1.5 multiplier. But did not receive the 10% bonus. Plan to call them in a few days. The bonus used to work automatically and immediately during redemption.

I redeemed a reward back on April 24 for an airline ticket, and I did receive the 10% back. This was with Alaska.

My tickets are for Delta and Alaska. They filed a case and asked me to wait for 7-10 days.

Update, got my $50 coupon today

1 Like

[quote=ā€œmmu, post:190, topic:558, full:trueā€]
I recently redeemed airline ticket transactions with the 1.5 multiplier. But did not receive the 10% bonus. Plan to call them in a few days. The bonus used to work automatically and immediately during redemption.[/quote]

Note that thereā€™s long been a bug in the android mobile app that doesnā€™t show the 10% bonus. It is credited though if you look at the desktop app, or the mobile app next day.

I also got my $50 express deal coupon yesterday.

1 Like

Uh ohā€¦ is this the death of the old 2% card?

1 Like

Iā€™m taking this as a warning too, just wish I could travel again and use up the rest of my points. Personally since the pandemic Iā€™ve shifted away from my grandfathered PL in favor of the Coinbase debit card. I give up the free float and cc dispute benefits for some extra cashback and flexibility in not needing to wait for travel to redeem.

PL has already been downgraded to my backup card, just hope they donā€™t force us to ā€œupgradeā€ before I cash in on my remaining points.

Only real benefit of the new card is they put back William Shatner back on it. (Should fire the guy who decided to get rid of that in the first place)

2 Likes

The Shat is 90 years old. Donā€™t expect him to be around forever.

2 Likes

Maybe it is just me, but Iā€™d be thrilled to have Shatner back on the card. Even if he does pass away.

That Shatner Priceline card is right up there with the Redneck Bankā€™s debit card with that horse. A great conversation starter with whoever is processing your payment, even if itā€™s a little tacky.

4 Likes

And then the card will become a rarity. :smile:

1 Like

Apologies if I said this before, but my experience reflects your point: a ā€œconversation starter.ā€

Like many of us, my wallet is weighted down with so called ā€œprestigeā€ cards: Chase CSR, Amex Platinum flavors, etc. None of those metal, ā€œstatusā€ cards ever get a glance from a merchant. But when I used to hand over my Shatner embossed PL legacy card (until that card expired in March of 2018), millenials and Gen zā€™ers would comment on it almost as often as notā€“and always favorably. Brought a smile to my face each time. :slight_smile:

4 Likes