Lowest price so far for Amazon's Echo Show $150

Glad I didn’t pull the trigger earlier. Picking up two, one for my parents and one for my brother.

Link

1 Like

This is an automatically-generated Wiki post for this new topic. Any member can edit this post and use it as a summary of the topic’s highlights.

Awesome price OP.

Fire sale by Amazon, possibly due to the youtube issue. I’m sure it’ll get sorted out but in the meantime we get cheap hardware (see the $5 google home mini as another example).

There’s also an offer if you scroll down a bit to add on a smart plug for an additional $5.

It should say “Special holiday offer! For a limited time, purchase select Amazon Echo devices and get a TP-Link HS100 smart plug for only $5. Discount will only be applied at checkout. Restrictions apply.”

I couldn’t get it to work though, only brought it down to $20. Decided to just get the Show.

I wouldn’t even consider buying one of these until they put youtube back on it. Considering dumping my Fire Sticks and going with Roku’s since youtube is being discontinued.

I regret buying a fire tv and not returning in return window. Not worth the $45 I paid. HDR won’t even work with it (in a compatible format for my display).

Plus the YouTube issue. Worthless. I don’t want 5 dongles hooked up to my receiver for 5 streaming services, even if they didn’t all take separate power supplies and get unreasonably hot.

1 Like

I have two fire sticks (both different generations) and the longest I’ve made it through a program on Hulu before the whole stick crashes and restarts is 15 minutes.

They emailed asking for a review. 1 star. I think last I looked 17% of reviews were 1 star. Still shows up as ~3.5 since you can’t give 0 stars.

I believe YouTube is available through their devices now although not as an application. I know they had blocked everything before. That being said, I’m just getting it as gifts for family because I know my parents will love the video calling feature.

Jan 1 YouTube blocked in browser on the Amazon devices. (Arguably valid) retaliation by Google for Amazon refusing to allow Amazon video access on Chromecasts/etc.
Sure, you could conceivably sideload/proxies/some painful workarounds to make it not detected as a fire device.

1 Like

Sorry, where is this please? :slight_smile:

At walmart :smile:

$130 at Target with $20 off $100 offer that’s available today.

I was going to post that even before this deal but it’s OOS everywhere and not available online. Punched in a whole bunch of zip codes for kicks and the only one I found so far was in Rocky Mount, NC