Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU)

This agrees with my best memory from many years ago. I’m pretty sure I once moved funds into my NFCU savings via ACH. But however, of course that ACH transfer was initiated external to NFCU . . . . probably way back then at Alliant.

Course after so many years it is difficult to recall such as this with precision. Today I just use my NFCU checking so nothing like this even comes up.

I remember that I once initiated an INTO NFCU ACH, at NFCU, by picking the navChek that was attached to the desired checking account. Since the navChek was at a zero balance, they put the money into my checking account. However, this was years ago and I haven’t tried it since the website revamp.

This also works with balance transfers. Back when I was doing staggered small CDs to take advantage of higher rates, I would BT from my PSECU VISA/LOC combo to my navChek account number, which (I believe) is also the checking account number. This would make NFCU just deposit the incoming funds into my checking account. It worked great for a no fee 2.9% BT directly to checking. I have done this as recent as a year or two ago, and it still works. Obviously this is initiated at PSECU, so not a huge piece of info.

NFCU Amex More Rewards is 3% unlimited at supermarkets.restaurants, gas, and transit (does not include rideshare like Uber and Lyft).

$300 bonus for $3000 spending in first 90 days. No annual fee.

Collected $500 bonus from Navy Flagship. Points were awarded 12 days after the 90 day mark from opening.

1 Like

Got an email that I can open an eChecking account, do one direct deposit and get $50. Some crazy T&C’s though:

1To maintain eligibility for a Free eChecking account, you must set up direct deposit or conduct at least 20 Navy Federal Debit Card transactions per statement period. If one of these requirements is not met for 90 consecutive days, the account converts to a Free EveryDay Checking account.

2Checking account must be opened between 10/30/2019 and 12/31/2019, and first direct deposit of net pay (DDNP) must post to your Free eChecking account by 12/31/2019 in order to be eligible for the bonus. DDNP consists of an electronic deposit of wages, pension and/or social security benefits. Any allotments or other transfers of funds, including Mobile/Scan Deposits and/or ATM deposits, are not considered DDNP and do not qualify. Limit one bonus per member. No minimum account balance to open account, earn advertised APY, or obtain the $50 bonus. Please allow eight weeks after your first direct deposit for the $50 bonus to be processed. If DDNP stops within one year, Navy Federal reserves the right to reclaim the bonus. Account must be in good standing for bonus to be processed. Annual Percentage Yield (APY) 0.05%, effective 10/30/2019. Rate subject to change. Fees may reduce earnings on account. Recipient is solely responsible for any personal tax liability arising out of the acceptance of this incentive. Offer can expire anytime without prior notice.

Just applied for the More Rewards Amex with a special offer of $400 bonus with $4,000 spend in 90 days. Applied on Wednesday and had the cards by Saturday. They were quite generous with the credit line as well ($30K).

Was that a targeted offer?

I got the card last month with offer of $300 bonus with $3000 spend.

I believe it was targeted. I was originally going to apply for the $300 for $3,000 but noticed the $400 deal in my offers on the website and clicked on it to complete the application. Glad I waited to apply, my wife had been bugging me about doing it for a few weeks and when I finally did, I saw I had that deal.

Prior to seeing the online offer, I was just getting the weekly mailer telling me to apply for the $300 bonus.

1 Like

NFCU has a $25 bonus for signing up as a member online.

1 Like

Received $300 bonus from Amex Rewards card 12 days after end of the 90 day period.

3 Likes

A sweet outcome at NFCU:

I went to the trouble of doing that thirty-seven month add-on IRA 3% CD deal they offered a while back - deal remains available even now by the way - for a rip roaring fifty bucks. You only need fifty bucks to get in and I’m last of the big time spenders. Anyway there was supposed to be a $50 bonus dividend for first-time NFCU IRA participants.

Son of a gun, they have credited a fifty buck dividend to my IRA account! You gotta love this stuff. I’m a big fan of free money. Why I doubled my investment in very short order. :grinning:

1 Like

NFCU 17 month add-on CD at 2.25% ($50 minimum, $75,000 max.)

1 Like

I was hoping it would be a little better than 2.25%, but I’ll probably throw in $50 just in case I have a need for it down the road.

NFCU has a referral deal where referrer and referree who joins each get $25.

Does this allow someone to join who doesn’t have ties to the armed forces?

No. Sorry

If any immediate family relative was in the military, including grandparent, you may be able to join. This also goes for civilian DOD employees, or if you live with an NFCU member.

1 Like

NFCU 17 month add-on CD at 2.25% is still available. Promotions are usually monthly so it might be ending tomorrow…although I’ve seen some promotions last longer.

Flagship Rewards back with $500 bonus spending $4000 within first 90 days.

2% rewards, 3% travel. $49 annual fee.

__

Amex More Rewards $250 when you spend $3,000 within 90 days of account opening.

3% back on groceries, restaurants, gas, and transit. No annual fee.

1 Like

I got my $400 bonus on $4000 spend on my More Rewards Amex. I met the spend by 60 days and the points were credited on the February statement (ended March 2nd). I am not sure when they posted them exactly and it might have been delayed because I asked for my statement date to be changed so the last statement covered a 1.5 month period.

Still, it was an easy bonus to get just with normal expenses and a couple of medical bills.

(Definitely not as quick as my recent Freedom card, those points showed up as soon as I hit the $500 spend).