One Amp smart charger for 12V batteries (Duracell brand)

Understood. No problemo

Yeah, C of I is well known as a focus point for mega quantities of stuff than comes here from out across the Pacific and goes through there prior to being distributed all across the USA.

And I still cannot find another copy of this battery charger/minder/tender for anything close to the low price I paid when I did the OP. Guess I should stop carping and just be grateful I have one copy, which is a whole lot better than zero. But darn it I surely could use another one for my lawnmower battery.

Firstly that’s not how taxes work, because before local tax, there’s state and county tax that’s the majority of total tax. Local taxes are relatively low.

And secondly, while it would make sense to expect lower local taxes, they’re actually the highest: “The City of Industry has no business taxes and is primarily funded through retail sales tax from shopping centers located within the city limits, and property tax on parcels within the City. The city has the highest property tax rate in Los Angeles County, at 1.92%.[27]”.

For reference, 1% is the state minimum, and most areas I know of in SoCal are in the 1-1.2% range for property tax. The local component of the sales tax rate is 0, but state+county = 9.5%.

So it would be smarter to live 10 miles south in Orange County, with property taxes closer to 1.1% and sales tax closer to 8%.

1 Like