Pay Federal tax with a debit card

Is there any indication that it is an issue that does need to be resolved, beyond knowing it’s been credited for your own piece of mind? When filing your joint tax return that claims the payment, will the IRS reconcile the total with the payments received in both person’s accounts? Or do they actually presume that only the primary on a joint return makes payments? I can see it being either way, unless someone has the experience of leaving the payments alone and filing without doing any sort of ‘fix’.

I imagine any payments that are lost in limbo dont remain there for long, unless the person making the payment forgets to include it on their tax return. It seems that at worst, the discrepency would cause the return to be flagged, requiring the issue be fixed before the return is processed.

The issue is the primary taxpayer has already made 2 payments via ACI LoL. So I wonder any negative impact if I do contact them.

Are you saying that ID.me can’t verify your identity for IRS with a prepaid phone or GV?

You can also request an account transcript by mail, no login required.

Post was deleted by the author.

1 Like

managed to created an id.me account without a valid phone number.

There, we found $5!

I am thinking about calling IRS to move the fund. Don’t want to deal with ACI Payment.

1 Like

LOL. You’re a masochist.

1 Like

I havent been able to get a human being to answer the phone at the IRS in over 4 months.

3 Likes

2 Likes

what will ACI do if they see that i have made 2 payments in primary SSN and 1 payment in joint SSN?

They’ll send you to the gulag for reeducation and to work off your debt.

2 Likes

what if they blacklist me for any future payments? That’s worse than IRS not taking my calls.

Of course there’s always a risk of it happening, but why would they blacklist you? They’re going to look at the payment you tell them about, then resolve whatever the issue is with that payment.

1 Like

2 Likes

Elizabeth Warren, is that you?

1 Like

Update: after multiple attempts, I was able to get hold of an IRS human and she nicely moved the $5 to my account. But she said it may take 2 weeks of time for the move (!!!).

This is just a test run. Now I wonder if I shall make bigger payment to her SSN any more!

2 Likes