Here’s what happened -
- At a red-light, idiot driver on the phone hit a Jeep that was also stopped behind me but hit with so much force the Jeep hit us. So, three cars in total.
- LEO called, got report and idiot driver cited and marked at-fault for causing the accident.
- Called up her insurance, turns out her policy lapsed as of 7 weeks ago.
I just filed with my insurance provider but I am out my deductible ($500). They stated they will attempt to subrogate her, but will also provide all necessary paperwork for small claims court that I could file.
Questions I have:
- Is it possible to file a claim that is inclusive of diminished value? I have not seen this before.
- It doesn’t seem like hiring a lawyer would help, but could it?
- Honestly, is it worth pursuing based on past experience? It’s very aggravating, but again, this is why we have car insurance (well, at least some of us).