Slickdeals valuation

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-06-14/goldman-sachs-pe-unit-buys-slickdeals-from-warburg-pincus#xj4y7vzkg

Some old news, i came across. Slickdeals was sold for $500mm in 2018. I am sure it is higher now.

So how much was torched by fatwallet owners? I am sure part of the reason for high valuation was due to fatwallet getting killed. still. unbelievable.

4 Likes

This is an automatically-generated Wiki post for this new topic. Any member can edit this post and use it as a summary of the topic’s highlights.

Oddly I read about this as well a few months ago. I hadn’t realized Slickdeals sold out to Goldman, either.

To be fair, ebates → Rakuten likely makes more on their current model than they would have if they kept the old FatWallet branding and the forum. If I had to guess, Rakuten is almost certainly one of the most used shopping portals on the web.

2 Likes

but tim got a bad deal? LoL

2 Likes

SD has gone downhill with shill posts, mod marketing

I miss FW, esp. FWF (doesn’t help that they keep banning me @ SD)

2 Likes

for what?

Sadly, there ain’t. SD is decent by keyword. Over the last couple of years, they’ve learned to milk the keyword alerts better than Guernsey milkers, without the pleasure. :frowning: