Social credit in America - Politics invades personal finance

Wait a minute. The popular refrain has been to laugh about Invermectin being horse dewormer and how it’s so stupid to think it might have an effect on covid. You comment is the first in 2 years that I’ve heard claiming that it is effective but only in lethal dosages.

The best thing that’s been said in support of rejecting many of the pro-Invermectin studies has been that their results were inconclusive and not statistically significant. That is about as far as you can get from conclusively disproving the possible effectiveness.

I think that had your comment been the argument against either of those drugs, many many more people would’ve respected that conclusion. But it wasnt. Not even close.

1 Like

What is your reference for this claim? Simply stating something without proof does not further the discussion.

You weren’t making a state by state comparison. We can read what you wrote.

But that’s the thing. It is relevant. Because parents say so. Whether its isolated cases, or those cases are a sample and it is becoming common, parents are upset about it, either way.

Kids are much more likely to be sexually assaulted by a pedophile in school than in church.

There is no conclusive data that kids are more likely to kill themselves if they aren’t allowed to transition as a kid than if they are allowed to. Why do you keep repeating this claim as if it is based in statistical fact?

No one is trying to go back to an illusion. No one is trying to stop the teaching of the historical atrocities of our country. If you can’t point to a law that is outlawing this teaching, you are making a claim that conservatives want to do something out of thin air. You can’t claim that “conservatives are in a race to pass the most extreme measures” and then, as an example claim they don’t want to teach certain history, and then, when asked to produce one of these passed measures, just say, “they’re careful not to be clear about it.” That means that the measure you are claiming exist DON’T ACTUALLY EXIST, and you are just making it up.

Where have you heard anyone say that they are concerned for the feelings of the kids of white supremacists? Or are you just trying to say that any parent voting for a conservative school board member is a white supremacist? Are you calling me a white supremacist?

But we’re told constantly by teachers that “don’t say gay” will mean they can’t answer kids questions like this that pop up. Clearly there are teachers answering these questions. So stop avoiding MY actual question by claiming teachers aren’t doing the thing that the teachers themselves are upset they won’t have the ability to do.

Says who? What is your belief on this based on?

I never took a “basic anatomy” that included informations about genitals in elementary school. I never once learned anything about genitals from a teacher in elementary school. Teaching about genitals in elementary school is not basic anatomy.

“The circulatory system (cardiovascular system) pumps blood from the heart to the lungs to get oxygen.”
is basic elementary school anatomy
“The circulatory system pumps blood into your penis to make it erect when you are sexually aroused.”
is NOT basic elementary school anatomy

30 year ago, not being taught the “basic anatomy” about genitals you claim is fine for elementary school kids to learn, I had no problem avoiding pedophiles. Why exactly do kids need to learn anything about their genitals from teachers vs. parents in order to be safe from abusers? We all learned about “stranger danger” (which was mostly bunk) back in the 90s without any specific mentions of anything beyond the word “private parts” and we turned out fine. Why exactly do you think we should be more specific with kids now?

There is no evidence that the policies conservatives advocate helps abusers - I have no idea where you are even remotely drawing that conclusion. I’m pretty familiar with the crazy claims from the left, but I’ve never even heard that one. But to claim that there is even a remote chance that the intent of conservatives is for more children to be abused is a downright evil claim. Why should we even respond to you when you make a claim like that based on nothing?

The vast majority of what libs of tik tok posts is just a lib talking directly to the camera saying what they think or do. Either those things are fake, or they are real. If you are claiming libs of tik tok is lying, then you are claiming libs of tik tok is posting fake videos - people that aren’t really libs saying things they don’t actually think or do. Libs of tik tok isn’t the daily wire - she doesn’t write articles. How else can she lie besides posting fake videos of libs? Are you not actually familiar with what she posts?

What data? they didn’t present anything to assure people it was 100% medical. that would be the first thing i would do if i were them and that were the case.

It can mean both. It can mean something that isn’t urgent. But it can also mean something that isn’t necessary. Elective | definition of elective by Medical dictionary.

We don’t disagree about this. What we disagree about is what should be done in these cases. Are you opposed to laws that stop teachers from doing something about this mental/physical disconnection that is in opposition to what the parents of those kids want to do?

Then why are you opposed to laws that specifically use the term “age-appropriate” when referring to what kids should learn in school about sex?

2 Likes

I did however take a math class in jr high that provided such information… It was the day after the episode of Seinfeld aired where Jerry dated a girl who’s name rhymed with a female body part. And her name ended up being Dolores. After so many asked the question, the teacher wrote the relevant body part on the board and then refused to elaborate any further. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That episode first aired in 1993. I was in 5th grade, so I don’t remember if I watched it when it first came out, but I became a seinfeld fan from watching episodes in syndication not long after that. I too have a memory of not getting a lot of the jokes like that the first time I watched it. According to @Loren, I must be fortunate that I didn’t get preyed upon by a pedophile, because not knowing “basic anatomy” meant there was no way I could have rebuffed their advances.

Also, funny story about that episode, Jerry yelling out “Dolores” at the end wasn’t originally in the script. The Famous Seinfeld Line An Audience Member Made Up

2 Likes

No, it shouldn’t cover this situation. The following is mentioned at the link you provided, and should be obvious:

Sounds like in CA it may depend whether they tolerate pro-Brandon apparel but not anti, or similar. Neutral workplace policies seem generally allowed.

It’s all going to come down to whether his shirt violated workplace policies, like job uniform and political expression while on the job.

And if he has a nephew named Brandon playing in a big football game that weekend? :wink:

1 Like

And if his name was Brandon and the shirt was a (gag?) gift from his coworkers? :smile:

1 Like

There are no studies showing it works outside the petri dish. All the “studies” showing it works in people had serious problems, they get on the pre-print servers, the right wing crows about them, then they get pulled because the flaws are discovered.

XKCD nailed it years ago–saying that something kills the bad thing in lab isn’t useful–remember, so does a handgun. In sufficient quantity anything will kill. (Yes, everything. LD50 for water is 90g/kg, diving depth is limited by reaching a point where everything becomes toxic.)

You have it backwards. The greatest threat is family and religious figures.

The point is that the way the law is written it prohibits teaching about things like Jim Crow.

So what are teachers supposed to do when asked questions?

The parents should do it, they often don’t.

They can’t present protected health information!

The great thing about grand sweeping claims is that they’re so easy to refute. Here’s a big Brazilian study of several 100k people showing how ivermectin worked in early or preventative treatment.

When adjusted for residual variables, reduction in mortality rate was 70% (RR, 0.30; 95% CI, 0.19-0.46; p < 0.0001).

After adjustment for residual variables, reduction in hospitalization rate was 67% (RR, 0.33; 95% CI, 023-0.66; p < 0.0001).

The best the journal could do is get a “conflicts of interest” warning slapped on the authors for being part of the non profit FLCCC that promotes ivermectin… because of papers like this that show it works? Plus ivermectin is generic and dirt cheap, so it’s not like anyone’s making any money off a few more horse paste loving zealots out there, unlike say the $50B last quarter Pfizer made on covid government contracts. Judge the conflicts of interest for yourself.

2 Likes

Note that your link is to an article that has been corrected because it was wrong. That’s a journal that publishes before peer review, thus it should be given no more credibility than something on a pre-print server.

And FLCCC is a major conflict, they’ve basically self-declared they’re nuts.

What was wrong with that paper in your opinion?

Being a member of the Wrong Party, which makes you definitely nuts, isn’t a conflict of interest. It just means you don’t like their group affiliation.

Conflicts of interest are for disclosing monetary incentives relevant to the research, like getting grant money or salary or consulting from the drug company whose drug you’re testing. As I said, FLCCC is a non profit so I don’t see how that’s a monetary conflict of interest. Plus, since the drug in this case is ivermectin, which is practically free and mostly made in India, unless you’re implying a complex international conspiracy to promote ivermectin sales with Indian kickbacks going to the FLCCC doctors, I think you’re off base here.

The FLCCC Alliance is a 501c3 non-profit organization. Donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. Our EIN is 85-2270146.

2020 Form 990

You can see from their tax returns that they paid just over $100k in expenses, so that’s just not a lot of conflict for salaries across over a dozen career medical professionals, if they got anything at all aside from things like travel expenses.

3 Likes

Just look at your link.

FLCCC is quacks. That is why they had to disclose it.

As best I can tell, the only “correction” was to say that one person got an undisclosed sum, one person got $1600, and three people believed and stated that Ivermectin was a better treatment for Covid than what was available.

Here is a link to the “correction” which will then point you back to the results of the study.

The results look pretty good for Ivermectin.

3 Likes

Stating conclusions that differ from what you want them to be is not “declaring themselves to be nuts”.

I know it’s a mind-blowing notion, but it is possible for there to be disagreement over the application of facts without someone being crazy. It really, really sucks that today’s go-to method of “winning” a disagreement is to simply declare anyone disagreeing with you to be nuts, instead of trying to build consenses by actually convincing others why your position has more merit.

3 Likes

The greatest threat is family and close friends, followed by teachers, followed by religious leaders.

You keep making this claim, yet you can’t point to a single law that prohibits teaching about Jim Crow. I can only assume you have never actually read any of the laws if you still think this. Who is telling you that any of the new “anti-CRT” laws that have passed will prohibit teaching about Jim Crow? If you’re reading this somewhere on the internet, I’d love to see it. Please link to it.

They should answer them truthfully without any personal opinion tacked on to the answer. It is a scare tactic by the left to claim that teachers will get in trouble for just answering their students’ questions. I asked you to find a law that prohibits teachers from answering those questions truthfully. If you think they can’t under the law, find the law that prohibits it. If a teacher is too scared to answer, they can ask their principal, or they can tell the child to ask their parents. As long as bullying isn’t happening, they can actually avoid the issue completely if they want. But no law forces them to.

What are you basing this claim on?

HIPPA isn’t triggered when talking about procedures in aggregate. There is nothing protected about saying “100% of the hysterectomies we perform are medically necessary 0% are elective.” HIPPA only comes into play when you are talking about a specific person’s health information and they can be identified with it. If there was only 1 hysterectomy, and it were public knowledge who got it, that is when the hospital couldn’t say anything about the hysterectomies they performed in the aggregate.

3 Likes

On the trans stuff, and interpreting the scant evidence with ones own political bias.

4 Likes

Facebook in bed with the FBI and Biden.

First they were searching everyone’s private messages for anything related to being unhappy with the 2020 election results and submitting those proactively as domestic terrorism leads to the FBI. DOJ whistleblowers report -

Under the FBI collaboration operation, somebody at Facebook red-flagged these supposedly subversive private messages over the past 19 months and transmitted them in redacted form to the domestic terrorism operational unit at FBI headquarters in Washington, DC, without a subpoena.

“It was done outside the legal process and without probable cause,” alleged one of the [DOJ] sources, who spoke on condition of ­anonymity.

The Facebook users whose private communications Facebook had red-flagged as domestic terrorism for the FBI were all “conservative right-wing individuals.”

In a second, unprompted “updated statement,” sent 64 minutes later, [Facebook spokesliar] altered her language to say the claims are “wrong,” not “false.”

But of course the FB lady didn’t say how the whistleblower claims were “wrong”, or more likely just “inconvenient”.

Next up, we have FB searching private messages for anyone in support of this recent FBI whistleblower, and, if you don’t support the regime’s crackdown on the Jan 6th protestors and other of Biden’s political opponents, you can get your FB account promptly suspended like this lady did -

After Friend’s bombshell revelations last week in a whistleblower complaint to the Department of Justice inspector general, his cause received an avalanche of public and private support, including from former FBI agents and conservative groups.

As reported in this column, Friend’s complaint alleges that the FBI has been manipulating case-file management in order to falsely inflate the threat of domestic terrorism, and has been using unconstitutional and excessive force in efforts to persecute political opponents of the Biden administration. Friend, a SWAT team member in Florida, was suspended by the FBI last week after refusing to participate in what he regarded as an unnecessarily heavy-handed raid over a January 6 misdemeanor.

Other FBI abuses unrelated to FB, just so you know they’re doing Dear Leader’s bidding.

3 Likes