Social credit in America - Politics invades personal finance

What about the people who are easily persuaded by lies, faulty logic or other hate speech?

If only there was some way to keep these people from having an undue influence on our country. Maybe a test?

1 Like

Sure, because 1 in every man, woman and child on the planet has an interest in chatting about whatever happens in our country.

There IS a way, no test needed – don’t give the village idiot the power to influence masses through algorithmic amplification.

OK I won’t. Problem solved.

Facebook has 3 billion active users so I think Twitter can get 1 billion.

Ref.

1 Like

Your comment implied 1 billion people talking about matters affecting or related to Washinton, in some fashion. “What a nightmare for many in Washington . . . one billion people discussing contemporary issues freely.”

So, no, it won’t be that 1 out of every 8 people in the planet have any interest in whatever happens here.

BTW, out of those Facebook accounts… many are “fake”, so to speak. You’ll even see pages for pets (including my own cat), and so on.

I think one billion is an underestimate of the number of people who are interested in what happens in America.

No, not enough to get a Twitter account.

Why not?

English speaking India will soon have 1 billion smart phone users.

Be more persuasive?

Believe it or not, a very large percentage of Indians don’t speak or read English.

1 Like

They’ll be the ones resorting to other means to convey the faulty message.

The word is mightier than the sword because the word can convince more people to use a sword. This is fine and dandy when the word is good, not so much when the word is a lie.

Musk response

1 Like

I have no idea what this is about. Who is they? What is a faulty message?

So…be more persuasive, so that they convey your message instead. That’s how it is supposed to work - except when your message is just as faulty.

1 Like

They can continue to be persuaded by the lies, faulty logic and other hate speech of mainstream media. :wink:

2 Likes

Yes, but your cat is an “influencer”, so that’s not fake. :grinning:

2 Likes

That’s funny, except I thought the app was free…

A lie can travel around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

1 Like