Social credit in America - Politics invades personal finance

Is marinating Doritos really a thing? Dip them in whatever you choose, but marinate?

1 Like

“‘very distracting for the other students and have an unpleasant odor” – they sure do. If nothing else, it’s extremely inconsiderate to send goat cheese, kimchi and sriracha (also tuna, steamed broccoli, etc), since most likely all the little kids eat inside in a small room. And I like kimchi and Sriracha, but everything has a time and a place.

I agree that it’s inconsiderate. But after so persistently demanding that we accept others as they are, doesnt it extend to also accepting other’s taste buds? If I’m being regularly told to accept those around me, I’d expect those around me to also be accepting of me. If we’re suppose to teach boys to not be distracted by girl’s clothing (for example), shouldnt classmates be taught to not be distracted by their friend’s lunch aromas as well?

2 Likes

Yes. It will be interesting to see if they stick with it after the inevitable woke shrieks

Edit. It begins. From far left yahoo news

As Australian trans-runner Ricki Coughlan warned this week, World Athletics’ decision could now embolden “forces of hate” against the community, because the notion of exclusion will permeate far deeper than elite sport.

3 Likes

the transgender debate is about long-standing dividing lines built on the biological differences between men and women, which are being tested by the reality that not everyone fits neatly into those boxes.

No, that’s the dilusion. The reality is everyone does fit neatly into those boxes.

I know there are rare exceptions, but please dont try to pretend that those exceptions are what the issue is about. Those legit exceptions are hardly an afterthought to even the most adamant trans supporters.

3 Likes

On how conservatives have won soundly on some policy issues (guns) but not lately on “woke” social issues.

—-

Take the gun and abortion issues. What conservatives have done goes beyond simply appointing their own judges and passing new laws at the state level. Rather, the entire movement, from top to bottom, prioritizes preventing the government from engaging in left-wing activism in these areas.

To take one minor but telling example, Congressional Republicans have for decades stopped the CDC from looking into gun violence as a “public health issue.” They understand what liberals are doing here. Any attempt to “study” gun violence easily shades into gun control activism, and so they nip it in the bud. Meanwhile, every year Republicans make sure that Congress reauthorizes the Hyde Amendment, which prevents federal funding from going towards abortion.

Contrast this to race and gender issues. Wokeness can clearly be traced to left-wing government policy that the right has provided virtually no pushback against. Much of it could have been undone through the executive branch alone had the last few Republican presidents not been asleep at the wheel. Every part of our government discriminates against whites and men, and the private sector is forced to do the same. Even the LGBT explosion is likely more related to policy than one would think. Leo Sapir has written about how the obsession with minority sexual preferences and identities in public schools to a large extent has its roots in “anti-bullying” and Title IX initiatives. Republicans in Congress don’t like this stuff, but they’re not putting a lot of political capital towards fighting it either.

A federal agency that started advocating against the conservative position on abortion or guns would quickly see its funding threatened. But diversity trainings, affirmative action, anti-harassment policies, and other hallmarks of wokeness only inspire collective shrugs from lawmakers, and even Republican presidents.

Predictably, this has led to everything becoming woke. But that doesn’t mean that this was a natural consequence of liberals inherently knowing how to use power, the system being rigged in favor of the left, or any such nonsense. It’s just what happens when only one side prioritizes a policy area, and the other rolls over.

2 Likes

Important developments on the cryptocurrency fight

https://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/south-dakota-govs-veto-cryptocurrency-regulations-upheld-98160004

Republican lawmakers at the state and federal levels have introduced multiple bills this week meant to prohibit or discourage the Federal Reserve from creating a central bank digital currency, also known as a CBDC.

1 Like

Even the far left USAtoday has to admit that one way to slow down these atrocities is to harden schools. Why was no one at the school armed?

(Nashville police Captain) Drake said Hale apparently considered a second Nashville-area target for an attack but didn’t go through with it because it had more security.

Edit. Another way is with a proper response by the police. See the video at this link of Nashville Police Department officers responding heroically.

2 Likes

Clearly the conclusion from Nashville is we need gun control for anyone trans. If you’re crazy enough to cut off important parts of your body, you might also think shooting up people you don’t like is fine too. Plus, they’re so crazy they’re often killing themselves, as the trans activists are quick to point out, so we’re just protecting them don’t you see?

3 Likes

Republican states not on the list should take this as a call to action

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/california-end-travel-ban-states-anti-lgbtq-laws-98219586

Wednesday, state Senate leader Toni Atkins announced legislation that would end the ban and replace it with an advertising campaign in those states that promotes acceptance and inclusion for the LGBTQ community. The bill would set up a fund to pay for the campaign, which would accept private donations and state funding — if any is available.

Today, the ban includes 23 states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and West Virginia.

“I think polarization is not working,” said Atkins, who is a lesbian. “We need to adjust our strategy. We know what we need to do, but we need to be able to be there to do it.”

Overturning the ban could be difficult in the California Legislature, where 10% of lawmakers now identify as LGBT

California may end travel ban to states with anti-LGBTQ laws

Common sense states should begin a travel ban on earthquake zone states that are not doing enough oil and gas drilling to relieve pressure on the tectonic plates.

1 Like

I believe the best way to slow these atrocities is to quit giving the “attention seeking, feelings motivated, lack-of-control” citizens residents a forum where their name, neediness, or victimhood will be memorialized and publicized.

1 Like

Ya dont say…

Except such an ad campaign is just a different strategy to continue promoting such polarization. Perhaps we should try “I dont care what you think, just mind your own business and I’ll mind mine.”

1 Like

The Canadians are ahead of us in ridiculing the trans mental illness. ReCall the high school coach who walks around with huge breasts.

Meanwhile in woke Minnesota. From Uber woke Minnesota Public radio.

2 Likes

I wonder what it would take to get a Republican bill to call these peoples’ bluff by implementing the reparations to be voted on by the super-majority California Democrats?

Edit. I am not the only one who thinks it’s put up or shut up for the Democrats

Thus, after defining reparations as a moral obligation, politicians may find it difficult to say this is an inopportune moment.

For Newsom and for San Francisco’s Board of Supervisors, the bill is now due.

1 Like

As usual, the Bee is right on point or is that the stinger?

For decades, we’ve been putting carbonated backwash in a beer can and pretending it’s beer," said Anheuser-Busch CEO Brendan Whitworth. “Who better to represent our brand than a guy throwing on a dress and pretending he’s a woman?”

4 Likes

This curriculum, the policy, the support guide, the goal of all of us being here is to support children and to educate children," Leonardi said. "And not to engage in a political line of questioning that distracts from that mission

Latching onto some vague ambiguity as to what constitutes a man and a woman is the opposite of educating children. And it’s pathetic to curtly dismiss such questions, being asked in a well thought out manner and with good basis from the input of constituents, as being “political”. It’s what you say when you know you don’t have a chance in an actual discussion of the subject.

2 Likes

The maddening thing here is it’s not about beliefs, its about biology. It’s the cult-like beliefs of the trans movement that are getting in the way of basic scientific facts. Yet her only option is to argue based on a violation religious beliefs, rather than simply say she refuses to accept made up ambiguity used for the sole purpose of indulging and facilitating a psychological illness.

2 Likes

So “last century” thinking. Feelings are the new religion … but not yet replacing the climate-hoaxer religion. That one’s got legs for at least another decade.

The KKK’ers, John Birchers, Black Panthers, etc. would beg for today’s acceptable thinking to have been around fifty or sixty years ago.

1 Like

That is code for teachers pushing children into confusion about their gender without telling the parents.

Asking the school board to define what a woman is, is a great idea by the dissident board member Brenda Fam to smoke out the woke culture at the schools. Thanks to Ron DeSantis and the Republicans, Florida parents now have a choice to pull their kids out of the schools and put them somewhere where they will not be indoctrinated.

Edit.
I did not realize it but this is the school board of the Parkland school where there was a mass murder. DeSantis kicked off four members from the school board. There was some turnover in the last election on November 2022, but apparently not enough to overcome the Democrat woke majority. There is open warfare between the conservative and woke factions.

https://broward.us/2023/04/04/2-broward-school-board-members-face-review-after-accusations-of-touching/

An outside investigator will review two incidents where Broward School Board members have been accused of inappropriate touching.

Board Chairwoman Lori Alhadeff told the School Board on Tuesday she had received “some disturbing information,” about two incidents, including one that involved a student.

The South Florida Sun Sentinel has confirmed that the two board members are Brenda Fam and Allen Zeman, who both joined the School Board in November. District officials said they have referred both issues to the state Ethics Commission, but Alhadeff said Tuesday she wanted to go beyond that.

3 Likes