Social credit in America - Politics invades personal finance

To be clear, allegations involving children should be taken seriously and investigated. But in this case, where the accused is the “opposition” to the woke’s agenda, “inappropriate touching” is often code for “it was a friendly hand on the shoulder, but we’re going to use vague language to imply something more sinister in order to discredit her while technically not making it up”.

It only illustrates the idiocy of their position. It is lunacy to demand a teacher’s right to teach kids something, when they are literally incapable of defining what it is they are demanding to teach.

1 Like

With all the crap they demand be allowed in class,this is what they get bent out of shape over?

The notice from the school came after Keene says he tried to tie a psychology lesson into an upcoming school shooting drill and part of that lesson was asking students to write their own obituaries to reflect on their lives

For a high school psychology class, this seems like a fair exercise. Maybe they should stop reacting like it was a third grade math assignment.

1 Like

Here I was looking up the mercury content of tuna, chunk light has a lot less than albacore by the way, and I run across this craziness

https://www.consumerreports.org/health/food-safety/how-worried-should-you-be-about-mercury-in-your-tuna-a5041903086/

How Worried Should You Be About Mercury in Your Tuna?

CR tested canned tuna from Bumble Bee, Chicken of the Sea, StarKist, and other popular brands. Here’s our advice for pregnant people, and everyone else.

Some good news in there:

More likely, it is due to the replacement of coal fired power plants by natural gas.

1 Like

Agreed!

There would be even fewer emissions if they had all been replaced with clean safe nuclear power.

Edit fixed it

That’s just trading fish with mercury for fish with radiation. Both are poisonous to humans.

They probably gave higher scores to those with backup cameras and hybrid technology. :rofl:

CR is a sad, thin, shadow of it’s former self.

Coal is worse for radiation than nuclear. You get less mercury and less radiation by swapping.

2 Likes

That’s great when it’s working as intended. I’m guessing nothing is worse than nuclear if there’s a meltdown.

I can think of a lot worse things. Here’s what the official report on the Fukushima incident, which gives anti-nuclear power crazies like you the vapors, wrote

• There have been no deaths or cases of radiation sickness from the nuclear accident, but over 100,000 people were evacuated from their homes as a preventative measure. Government nervousness has delayed the return of many.
1 Like

Edit. This is what Newsom wants to export to the rest of America from California.

Downtown San Francisco Whole Foods Closing a Year After Opening

One of the largest supermarkets in Downtown San Francisco—the Whole Foods Market at Eighth and Market streets—intends to shut down at the close of business Monday just a little more than a year after the store opened, company officials told The Standard.

“We are closing our Trinity location only for the time being,” a Whole Foods spokesperson said in a statement. “If we feel we can ensure the safety of our team members in the store, we will evaluate a reopening of our Trinity location.”

A City Hall source told The Standard the company cited deteriorating street conditions around drug use and crime near the grocery store as a reason for its closure.

3 Likes

I believe these are more recent problems specific to San Francisco, and Newsom hasn’t been in charge of SF since 2011. Can you elaborate on why this is a CA problem and not just an SF problem, and how exactly Newsom wants to export it?

First, I’m not anti-nuclear, I just don’t want it in my back yard. Second, not sure what kind of vapors you’re talking about, but the report does mention restrictions on food production and export, including increased caesium levels in fish. It’s not just about death or radiation sickness that can be directly tied to the nuclear accident. We were talking about fish just above.

So, you’re a pro-nuclear nimby? That hardly seems right, or in your case, left. Actually it seems perfectly leftist, but not certainly not right … IOW, wrong.

What about solar? Okay in your back yard? What about wind generation? Okay in your back yard? What about nuc fusion? Okay in your back yard? What about conpower? Okay in your back yard?

1 Like

And here I was about to compliment the vapors reference, but thought better of it. Now I have to go back and correct my oversight. :smile:

1 Like

Nice way to work in a vapors reference. I did not realize that you were from the South. Congratulations!

1 Like

Yes, large old plants = nimby. Small-scale nuclear might be OK. Solar – yes. Wind – small scale OK, probably don’t want the big ones imby, but the big ones don’t have to be as far away as large-scale nuclear, and can be upwind. Fusion – don’t know yet. What’s conpower?

So you’re good with large new plants?

What would make it not OK, and what’s your definition of small-scale?

What’s your definition of small-scale?

1 Like