Sprint 12 months of unlimited plan $0/mo +taxes (restrictions on phones)

I actually bought a new phone to take advantage of this . My plan right now is cheap, but sprint for $0+Tax is cheaper.

I can personally live with sprint coverage. I don’t talk much, I use a lot of data and am currently on a T-Mobile MVNO.

https://www.sprint.com/en/shop/offers/free-unlimited.html?ECID=vanity:1yearfree

Signup process is above. There are reports it is clunky. I’ll be doing it today/tomorrow and will update with any of my issues.

Plan is $0 through 1/31/19.

Includes Sprint Global Roaming if your phone supports it. (Sprint Global Roaming)

After taxes the total is coming out around $3-$5 for most people.

List of supported devices:
Eligible devices include (domestic versions):

Alcatel IDOL5
Apple iPhone 5c (Verizon only)
Apple iPhone 5s (Verizon only)
Apple iPhone 6
Apple iPhone 6 Plus
Apple iPhone 6s
Apple iPhone 6s Plus
Apple iPhone 7 (Verizon only)
Apple iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon only)
Apple iPhone 8 (Verizon only)
Apple iPhone 8 Plus (Verizon only)
Apple iPhone SE
Apple iPhone X (Verizon only)
BLU S1/VIVO S
Essential Phone
Google Nexus 5 (16 & 32 GB – black/white/red) (Verizon only)
Google Nexus 5X (all versions)
Google Nexus 6 (32 & 64 GB – black/white)
Google Nexus 6P (all versions)
Google Pixel
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel XL 2
HTC One A9 (Sprint Version only)
LG X Charge
moto e4
moto e4 plus
moto g4
moto g4 play
moto g4 plus
moto g5 plus
moto g5s plus special edition
moto x pure edition
moto x4
moto z2 play
Orbic Wonder
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Special Edition
Samsung Galaxy S7 Special Edition
Samsung Galaxy S8 Special Edition
Samsung Galaxy S8+ Special Edition

4 Likes

Strategies to add phones not on the list above:

Add a line of service with one of the above phones.
Swap your current $0 plan phone out for any other sprint phone (Does not have to qualify for $0 plan).

1 Like

I’ve got an LG X Charge that I got for $1 from Xfinity Wireless. Any idea if I have to do something to unlock it in order to get it working on Sprint to take advantage of this?

Verizon 4g non prepaid phones are unlocked already.

The best way to try it is to out your imei into the sign up page and see what it says.

You can also check ebay for unlock codes if Xfinity did indeed lock these phones.

Snag #1, you have to port a number in for this deal. I don’t have a number that is easily portable. Going to try to port in a GV number ($3). Some have said this works.

they copied this from xfinity mobile. real original, but that’s Sprint. I have 3 xfinity accts for my family. pay 3.70/mo for just taxes. Unlimited talk/data. the Xcharge LG phone was 1.00 and is great.

Xfinity Mobile includes free unlimited talk and text, not data.

I signed up for this deal back in June. I’d been a Verizon customer for 15 years previously.

It’s definitely clunky. No data while you’re on calls, which is annoying when driving around if you want to both use Waze and talk on the phone.

The quality is a definite step down from Verizon. And coverage is much more spotty.

The flip side: $5.60 a month vs. $150 for 2 phone lines.

I’d rather have an extra $1,600 at the end of the year and deal with minor hassles, but YMMV.

2 Likes

Snag #2. Went to do credit check, was greeted with an error screen and an 800 number to call. Apparently because I have had sprint service in the past I need to go to a sprint store to verify 2 forms of ID? No other way to continue.

Update:

45 minutes in store and my identity is confirmed. Got a free SIM card from the store rep. Came home and called 1-866-782-8777. Rep knew of the offer and was able to get me going in 10 minutes. Waived the $30 activation.

We really need some kind of spam filter for these guys.

1 Like

Sprint generated my first bill of $3.54. More than 80% of that bill are Sprint surcharges.

1 Like

HALP!

Apparently i can’t port my phone to the new Sprint 12 month free deal because Ting (my current carrier) uses a Sprint network. What is the most efficient and quickest way to port twice? Looks like i need to find a Verizon, At & T or some other carrier to port to, activate, and then port again.

What a pain in the a$$!!!

It might be that TING has flagged your phone as prepaid and Sprint won’t recognize it until the flag has been taken off.

Do you have a different phone you can swap into your TING account so you can get the flag changed?

https://www.reddit.com/user/LiterallyUnlimited is doing this flag change for free if you PM him/her on reddit.

If this works you won’t need to double port (and even if you port out of TING and this is the issue you’d still need to do this to be able to bring the device back to sprint).

ETA: Sprint’s phone managment sucks, I hate how they have whitelists of phones. So stupid.

I wish it were that easy. No, Sprint says the offer is not compatible with phone carriers that use any Sprint network.

If it was me I’d port into MetroPCS or cricket to get a free phone and then leave right away. Sell the phone for the first months service.

Traveled overseas and Sprint worked flawlessly in all countries visited. Free international data at slow speed (2G, fine for my needs), and $5 a day for upgraded speed make the service better outside the US than inside I think.

Calls and texts are $.20 a min/text, but I route all mine over data.

I am on Tello and could not easily switch.

I took advantage of this offer. Here was my experience.

Background: The device is an Apple IPhone 7+ Unlocked using Tello (Sprint mvno) pay as you go service.

First I bought a VZ SIM Card. Walmart 9.98 plus tax. (You can buy one for less)

Using CHAT I setup a VZW port of my Tello phone number to Verizon with NO payment of the cheapest $40 plan (stating that I had a refill card I would use later).

I called VZ to get my account number and setup my porting PIN.

I confirmed with Tello that the device IMEI was released from the Sprint mvno system.

(24+ hour lapse in time here)

Then by calling sprint Telesales (number at the top of their screen) I ported the number out of VZ to Sprint using the 12 month free plan.

After 12 months the price will be $60, so I will change to a different carrier and likely back to a Sprint mvno.

2 Likes