The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 1)

If Trump pardons people for participating in the insurrection, that also seems to bar future office runs for any of them absent 2/3 congress votes restoring the ability to hold a state or federal office. (Using the “accepting pardons are admissions”, of which there is some disagreement around).

1 Like

It’s Friday evening in the east. Keep a weather eye. This is Trump’s last opportunity to do (whatever) stuff, pardons included, outside the glare of the weekday news cycle. The possibilities are nearly endless. :wink:

He likes that attention. I’d also assume he will wait till the 19th for his last blitz of corrupt pardons.

1 Like

Oh my goodness! I just learned that Representative Eric Swalwell has been selected by Pelosi as one of her impeachment 2.0 managers!!

So shin, you say, what’s the big deal? Swalwell after all was also an impeachment 1.0 manager a year ago and he did a good job.

The big deal is that in the interim it has been revealed that Swalwell was, for a long time, sleeping with a Chinese communist honeypot spy who since has fled back to her native land!!

Nancy is nothing if not brassy and overflowing with chutzpah. But she knows she can absolutely rely on the American mainstream media propaganda subsidiary of the DNC to provide more than sufficient shade for this outrage.

You have to hand it to the Democrats. For them no misdeed is disqualifying, and the larger ones are actually job enhancements.

National Russia Association files for bankruptcy.

What was that about holding office having “given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof”? Fang Fang looked comfortable enough. Someone should tell Swalwell he needs a 2/3 vote to keep his job :wink:

I’m sure that as soon as I respond you’re gonna say you were being sarcastic, but no sarcasm comes across your post.

Swalwell did not know she was a spy at the time, and he’d been briefed by the FBI after he stopped seeing her, and I’m certain he was cleared by our intelligence apparatus. Stop looking for dirt where it doesn’t exist.

I had hoped the smiley would indicate that.

https://mobile.twitter.com/axe/status/1347325351668682752

Seems like my assumption was correct. Here’s a story that describes what actually happens:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/15/politics/white-house-move-lincoln-bust-pheasant/index.html

At best, it indicated that for the last sentence, not the first two.

I think Rasmussen is out of whack. It hasn’t really moved in either direction (besides their usual daily fluctuations), while all other polls are sharply declining:

@Bend3r can we avoid linking to unknown / new “media” sources like the other side is doing? Besides, it’s just a regurgitation of this article:

“If it was al-Qaida attacking the Capitol, my God, I would think the president would pull out all the stops to ensure the National Guard was fully deployed and would stop this breach and this invasion of the Capitol.”

1 Like

Murderers whining about consequences