The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 1)

I read the following comment from a Georgia local that might shed some light on the food and drink at the polls discussion.

“Politicians who weren’t on the election ballot gave out food and water in the county I used to work at. They never said “here is water, vote for X.” But they wore masks and clothing that made clear who they wanted you to vote for. Plus… they’re on the ballot just two years from now! People remember. It’s campaigning for the next election.”

Minneapolis peacefulness intensifies. Apparently a criminal didn’t want to get arrested at a traffic stop and instead got shot and subsequently died.

BLM protests broke out at the local CVS, Footlocker, Walmart, Verzion, and other nearby mall locations.

1 Like

https://www.kmjnow.com/news/2-arrested-in-500k-confederate-monument-chair-theft/

Trump acolytes stealing monuments from cemeteries

We aren’t one of those communist countries that jails and tortures political protestors, right?

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/06/capitol-riot-defendant-alleges-beating-by-jail-guards-479413

In an unusual direct plea to the judge, Sandlin said another Capitol riot defendant, Ryan Samsel, “was severely beaten by correctional officers, [is now] blind in one eye, has a skull fracture and detached retina.”

That’s a lot of words there. Did you plan on letting Harish answer the questions I asked him?

/I suggest doing so, as I find him to be the most rational of those of you arguing that side of things.

So I guess black lives mattering is wrong, Fox News person?

https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1381672122775445504

I mean, I seem the have been getting consistently “randomly selected” by US customs to have all my stuff gone through and be delayed for questions for the past 25 years for some reason when they see this book in my carry on stuff. And I’m as normal white guy looking as anyone, so it’s pretty easy to imagine how other people get treated.

/ “Congratulations, you are travelling with Quran, we will now proceed to detain you for questions for up to two hours” (my max detention so far)

It will be interesting to see how the “Biden-Harris Administration” handles the geopolitical threats. Today Iran announced they are ramping up uranium enrichment. Maybe he’ll give them a couple billion to keep up the good work the way his old boss did?

Meanwhile, thanks to Hunter’s lobbying of the Big Guy, we see asian relations going according to plan -

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/yellen-plans-spare-china-currency-195210403.html

2 Likes

“Breyer Retire”

Leave it to the Democrats to come up with something like this.

I have more respect for Justice Breyer than I do for those liberal women on the Court. Well, OK, Kagan might not be as bad as Sotomayor, an insanely left wing idealogue.

Breyer is a leftie, no question of that . . . but he does in his own way bring a measure of integrity.to the Court.

Breyer’s not going to retire because he knows he could do it tomorrow and McConnell would claim it’s too close to the election to nominate anyone.

Listen, if you think you’ve got things tough, just remember Matt Gaetz didn’t have a high school girlfriend until he was 38.

2 Likes

News flash:

McConnell no longer is in charge of the United States Senate! He can claim whatever he wants. Neither Biden nor Schumer will care one whit. McConnell no longer matters . . . not until at least early in 2023 . . . assuming McConnell still is alive then.

I think Justice Breyer probably would like to serve long as circumstances, and especially his health, permit. I do not fault him for that. It’s his prerogative and his alone. He can await the outcome of next year’s election. If Democrats retain control of the US Senate Breyer is in the tall alfalfa and needs to do nothing at all. If Republicans take the Senate early in November, of next year, then Breyer will need to resign quickly so Schumer and Biden can replace him during the lame duck. Nothing wrong with that. It works for Breyer, giving him as much time on the bench as possible, and it works for the Democrats.

Now if the Democrats lose the Senate next November and Breyer still does not resign pronto, then I would say the Democrats are justified if they squawk. But there is certainly no need for him to resign now.

1 Like

2020 Minnesota Statutes

609.205 MANSLAUGHTER IN THE SECOND DEGREE.

A person who causes the death of another by any of the following means is guilty of manslaughter in the second degree and may be sentenced to imprisonment for not more than ten years or to payment of a fine of not more than $20,000, or both:

(1) by the person’s culpable negligence whereby the person creates an unreasonable risk, and consciously takes chances of causing death or great bodily harm to another; or

(2) by shooting another with a firearm or other dangerous weapon as a result of negligently believing the other to be a deer or other animal; or

(3) by setting a spring gun, pit fall, deadfall, snare, or other like dangerous weapon or device; or

(4) by negligently or intentionally permitting any animal, known by the person to have vicious propensities or to have caused great or substantial bodily harm in the past, to run uncontrolled off the owner’s premises, or negligently failing to keep it properly confined; or

(5) by committing or attempting to commit a violation of section 609.378 (neglect or endangerment of a child), and murder in the first, second, or third degree is not committed thereby.

If proven by a preponderance of the evidence, it shall be an affirmative defense to criminal liability under clause (4) that the victim provoked the animal to cause the victim’s death.

I mean, it was a lady cop. Women are different than men. I would be shocked if she intended to shoot that perp with her gun. She just messed up in the heat of the moment. If a male cop had done it, sure maybe he carried a grudge or harbored hate. But not a woman. Women have more caring and compassion than men. They do not go around shooting people willy nilly. Not intentionally, anyway.

Regardless, now rioters everywhere have yet another cause celebre. It’s what they live for and how the American mainstream propaganda media sells advertising. It’s sick is what it is.

1 Like

And just today the DOJ decided there was no evidence that gunning down that unarmed lady stuck in a window in DC was anything short of praiseworthy. If she’d been killed while being black in MI, she’d be getting wall to wall media coverage, a $27M settlement, and murder charges against the cop where the cop won’t be getting the benefit of the doubt. If this administration didn’t have double standards, they’d have no standards at all.

1 Like

TEXAS IS A GOAT RODEO

That’s what one Texan observed as, yesterday, Texas nearly ran out of electric power once again. It happened because storms in West Texas held down output from their frickin’ windmills!!

Texans: What a bunch of know-nothing hooples!

Only fossil fuels are able reliably to fuel electric power generation. Fortunately we have a 200 year supply, here in the USA, of clean burning natural gas.

Somebody tell Texas!!

BTW, I happen to own a little of that NG myself. :wink:

Did you bother deciding americans are americans yet or should we keep ignoring anything you have to say?

1 Like

Biden decides to leave Afghanistan

If you’re looking for criticism, from me, of President Biden’s decision, you will be disappointed. With some hesitation I supported Bush’s move into Iraq. And of course his Afghanistan invasion twenty years ago was necessary. But those people over there, too many of them anyway, are beyond our ability to help. I feel especially sorry for the women. No human being deserves the kind of life so many of them are forced to lead. And women are indeed human beings, not animals. But at the bottom line, it is impossible to assist people who don’t want help. Of course there are many who do want, and who appreciate, our helping hand. But not enough. And the fanaticism of the others is difficult to bring to heel when it is so deeply rooted and they are so far away.

So I support Biden’s decision to cut our losses and get out. We could remain over there for another fifty years and there would be no real progress. Even with all the good intentions in the world, you cannot fix stupid or cure widespread mental illness.

1 Like

Some history on the recent conflict, and prior ones there that ended likewise unsuccessfully.

Kipling’s verses were a warning.

The ports ye shall not enter,
The roads ye shall not tread,
Go make them with your living,
And mark them with your dead

1 Like