The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 1)

Spoken like an irredeemable racist. Someone should DenyList him.

Speaking of tolerance, if your high school classmate ever said anything that might sound bad in the modern far left lexicon, you can get their college admission revoked by ratting them out, and maybe take their spot at Woke U.

3 Likes

There, I fixed it.

3 Likes

Oh come on. That’s clearly a hate filled speach that has caused all the divisiveness over the past weeks. Couldn’t possibly be a response to all the divisiveness over the past weeks. :nauseated_face:

I equate it to shooting at at someone. Then when they shoot back, claiming that it’s proof they’re trying to kill you, and thus justifies you shooting first.

1 Like

Hopefully we’re seeing the last Confederate president.

The damage to national parks by this president is nothing new, so yesterday was not surprising. (Fireworks were stopped at mount Rushmore because they have turned the nearby soil and water toxic).

2 Likes

Extremely hateful remark!!!

But to go along with you leftist dems.

Last weeks remarks here about John Wayne. This morning I heard on my favorite radio station. The Orange Co airport with John Wayne’s name has possibilities to be re-named The OJ Simpson Airport…

1 Like

Lol. 4th of July is not about divisiveness.
Confederacy was. Whitewashing (“removing”) our history also is.

When it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck…

2 Likes

Isnt that what we’ve been saying all along?

1 Like

Unclear who you are referring to as “we”.

Moving Confederate intimidation “monuments” (directly paid for by local KKK chapters in many cases) out of public spaces is not whitewashing. Pretending there’s “good people on both sides” referring to neo Nazis or that racists are OK to idealize and hold up as heros because they’re in the past and “weren’t that bad” for the time is also whitewashing. Pretending it doesn’t matter the KKK designed, campaigned for, and funded the “monuments” is also whitewashing…

Learning from the past and working together to try to make a better world for future generations is respecting history and what America is about.

3 Likes

You have my respect. I understand completely.

I’ve had it happen to me in an entirely different scene. When at a get-together, with old friends, for an afternoon of playing cards, etc. To get-along you just laugh it off & make “like a joke” (but here I’m free to say my likes & dislikes). :relaxed:

1 Like

Of course. But they’re being removed, not moved. And by an unruly mob deciding to take it upon themselves.

There is an awful lot of disturbing behavior similar to the “neo Nazis” coming from those claiming to oppose such behavior. Hitler also claimed moral righteousness as he was trampling everyone who disagreed with him, too.

Thus America’s founding principle of giving everyone a voice, regardless of what that voice says. But instead of respecting and debating alternate views, we now summarily dismiss and oppress those voices we disagree with.

3 Likes

Not really.
The native Americans weren’t given a voice. Nor were the slaves, women, or even white males who didn’t own land.

But the nation was founded with principles enshrined in the constitution that the nation could and should evolve, and become better over time. It has, and it will continue to do so, despite the kicking and screaming of a minority that wants to regress and never self improve. Because America Is great.

2 Likes

You’re too harsh on BLM.

3 Likes

I thought they are throwing the furniture across the room, not kicking and screaming?

If only those people were still allowed to kick and scream… That’s the whole point, you get crucified for merely suggesting a differing viewpoint. That is the root objection.

It’s not a minority. If it were, there’d be no need to obsessively bully them into silence through vigilante justice. We really have no idea what the majority thinks, because only one opinion is acceptable to express whether you with it agree or not.

1 Like

This is tragic. I remember when I was an adolescent, many, many moons ago. Peer pressure and the ignorance of youth can lead high schoolers to say, write, do stupid things. So, now those things can be used as a weapon against you by former classmates that were jealous of your getting admission to some college, or a resentful ex that wants to exact revenge.
I wonder if admissions will be rescinded for people later exposed as having smoked weed/drunk liquor underage, or would those transgressions be given a pass.

2 Likes

Not true… Native Americans had a voice, but not strong enough.

I happen to be a card carrying Choctaw Indian. My grandmother is FB Choctaw, my father married a white lady, which makes me 1/2 Choctaw. My GGGrandfather Chief Moshilatubbe went to Washington DC for the signing of movement of Native American’s to Oklahoma. He signed along with other Chiefs.

The White Power ruled then as it does now.

They’re allowed to. But other people are allowed to disagree. You seem to be suggesting only the alt-right have a right to speech and everyone else has to sit by and not “bully” them about their racist, divisive, and intolerant speech. That’s not how “free speech” works.

2 Likes

Sure, your allowed to - if you accept that you will subsequently lose your job, get kicked out of school, have your property looted, and whatever other vendictive retribution they choose to enact on you.

3 Likes

It’s pretty disturbing surprising you supported the rally at Mt. Rushmore yesterday then, unless you carry the card but aren’t actually a member (it’s less about blood and more about culture at this point. I’m not Native American myself, but I have a decent chunk of blood). The land and water around Mt Rushmore is toxic from prior fireworks displays, that’s why the practice was stopped. The land was stolen from the native Americans (constitution says the treaties are the supreme law of the land… Sure, it’s not an isolated violation of a “treaty” though). The monument was built by a card-carrying klansman. There were native American protesters forcibly removed to clear a path on the road for the event.
They are also put at much higher risk from the no-social-distance event during a pandemic raising local infections, because the Native American nations have less healthcare capacity.

I don’t have most of the objections myself, except destroying the land, as national parks are a big deal to me. And obviously the reckless endangerment of people during the pandemic, and the use of taxpayer funds and a national monument for a partisan campaign event.
It was a pretty big deal to all the native peoples, though.

3 Likes

Not really… I love America & our Republican President. I cannot stand the ultra left wing Democrats. (they are trying to tear the country apart).

So land was stolen from the Native Americans. I can’t do anything about that. I happen to have some very smart relatives that hung onto their property allotement land in OK. My sister & I inherited some nice mineral rights. No complaints now! :relaxed: