The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 2)

I decided I don’t want to argue that much about politics with random strangers on the internet. It’s not going to change anyone’s mind and only waste time and contribute to division and distrust. I only posted it because I came across the article and recalled kamal’s post.

Wait - so you’re criticizing them for using known fact in their headlines, instead of speculation???

Wouldnt “Russia prepares to attack!” be the propaganda, since, no matter how obvious of an explaination you may feel it is, it would still only be speculation intended to push a desired narrative. It used to be that waiting for the facts before drawing conclusions was considered to be journalistic integrity, not propaganda.

Wait how long? Until the cows come home? 8 years ago they literally confiscated Crimea and installed separatists in the eastern regions closest to Russia. Russia has been waging war on Ukraine since 2014 – thousands of soldiers have died. And now they literally had half the country surrounded. It was obvious to the entire developed world as leaders scrambled to contain it, why is it not obvious to you?

World: Why did you surround Ukraine?
Russia: These are not the droids you are looking for!!!

The headline was literally about asking the question. You seem to expect an answer to be reported before the question has been asked, which inherently requires making up the answer.

If you want it reported that they’re preparing to invade, then maybe you should be chastising the Pentagon for not declaring as much, rather than demanding an explanation. You can only report what you’ve been told, unless, again, you decide to simply make up your own facts.

Looks like the Russians are as confused about our frantic media telling them to invade as I was.

Russia’s ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova request[ed] of the US and UK governments and media to go ahead and publish a schedule of Russia’s “upcoming invasions” of Ukraine for the current year. She said that she’s worried about timing her vacations so they don’t get interrupted by her country’s scheduled invasions…

“I’d like to request US and British disinformation: Bloomberg, The New York Times and The Sun media outlets to publish the schedule for our upcoming invasions for the year. I’d like to plan my vacation,” the Russian diplomat said on her Telegram channel Wednesday.

This was a good article on geopolitical stuff recently, both Russia and China. The US military seems like we’re falling behind in the tech and that’s a real disadvantage in these brinkmanship conflicts.

NYC judge. NYC jury. NYC’s brand of double jeopardy “justice” for Sarah Palin

So this NYC judge, unable to contain himself for one more day, issued a ruling against Palin in advance of the jury completing its deliberations.

Then the jury, having been put on notice of the judge’s ruling while they were still in the jury room, amazingly rubber stamped his decision. I’m shocked!!

I strongly suspect a jury anywhere in the south, or in for example Wyoming, might have reached a different conclusion. But Sarah was forced to try her case in NYC because that is where the rather obvious libel occurred.

“These jurors reported that although they had been assiduously adhering to the Court’s instruction to avoid media coverage of the trial, they had involuntarily received ‘push notifications’ on their smartphones that contained the bottom-line of the ruling,” the Manhattan-based Rakoff wrote in a two-page order.

While rulings by judges to throw out a case at the close of a civil or criminal jury trial are not uncommon, many legal experts faulted Rakoff for revealing his plan in the middle of the jury’s deliberations. Doing so raised the prospect that jurors would learn of his decision and that it might prompt them to side with the Times regardless of their view of the evidence.

However, Rakoff said in his order that the jurors assured him his decision had not influenced them.

“The jurors repeatedly assured the Court’s law clerk that these notifications had not affected them in any way or played any role whatever in their deliberations,” wrote the judge, who is an appointee of President Bill Clinton and joined the court in 1995.

The judge issued his order Wednesday afternoon after he discussed the issue in an interview with Bloomberg News.

“I’m disappointed that the jurors even got these messages, if they did,” Rakoff said, according to Bloomberg. “I continue to think it was the right way to handle things.”

That last is evidence of the sort of cocksure “I can do no wrong” conceit one expects to find in any liberal NYC judge, or in liberals generally for that matter.

What an unmitigated sack of s***!.

Linky

While I’m well aware few of you will actually click and read that analysis, it will be your loss if you do not. That piece is one of the best I have read in a long while. It is spot on in its critical and accurate evaluation of American mainstream “journalism” today.

1 Like

NYC no bail criminals are, unsurprisingly, around 50% likely to commit further crimes when released. I suspect this goes up more as they continue to allow lawlessness to go unpunished.

2 Likes

I would hope that anywhere else, the jury would get to decide the case. You did an awful lot of tapdancing around the meat of the subject, that this judge stated he was going to dismiss the case regardless of the jury’s verdict. Then told the jury of this intention while the jury was still deliberating. Then let them continue deliberating towards reaching a verdict they knew would be meaningless. And all this after the appeals court reversed his previous attempt to dismiss the case.

This looks like just another tantrum being thrown, by someone for whom the legal process is preventing them from doing whatever they want.

2 Likes

I also avoided mention of an earlier appeals court decision to void that same judge’s (even earlier) decision to throw out Palin’s suit and force him to conduct a trial. And I didn’t emphasize enough that the judge, while nominally following the higher courts dictate, purposefully torpedoed the trial so ordered by ruling on the matter in advance of the jury’s completion of deliberations, knowing all along they would learn of his ruling while still in the jury room.

But these aspects, and more, were well covered in the link I provided. And the writer there did a better job than I ever could of exposing the massive corruption of the NYC courts, where no Conservative will ever find justice.

2 Likes

I’m sure you agree that this is how you write a headline:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-says-it-may-be-forced-to-respond-militarily-if-the-us-wont-agree-to-its-unacceptable-security-demands-on-ukraine/ar-AAU03NC?li=BBnb7Kz

Russia says it may be ‘forced’ to respond militarily if the US won’t agree to its unacceptable security demands on Ukraine

Be sure to set the narrative, by avoiding anything resembling an actual fact…

1 Like

Now we are kicking people off planes for refusing to take off their mask…

Of course, 80% of the article is about rules and policies regarding unruly passengers, which is wholely irrelevant to this story. If it was about kicking unrulely persons off a plane, the flight attendant would’ve been the only one leaving the plane.

2 Likes

I’m not following what you’re trying to say here. What’s wrong with that headline? The whole reason for this conflict is Russia doesn’t want NATO on its borders. Putin sees Ukraine joining NATO as an act of aggression against Russia, so if that joining process isn’t permanently dropped by NATO, he’ll “respond” or preemptively attack Ukraine militarily to stop it. It’s absurd since Ukraine is an independent country, but bullies gonna bully.

1 Like

WOW!! Seriously?

And your side accused Trump of Russian sympathy and Putin love.

It took cajones for you to write something as anti-American as that. I guess you people on the far left are feeling your oats with Biden in the big chair. Just be aware millions of us out here are having NONE of it!!

1 Like

WTF are you talking about, what’s anti-American in what I wrote???
Clearly I meant Russia is the bully, since Ukraine is an independent country and should be able to do whatever it wants, join EU, NATO, etc.

1 Like

I’m talking about your clear statement of Putin’s position. Was so blown away I didn’t get to the bully portion of your comment.

But that IS his position, is it not?

No question. And you stated it so clearly!

I didn’t think this was news for anyone, but glad I could provide some clarity on the situation.

Russia also “confiscated” Crimea and funded / supported the separatists in eastern Ukraine in 2014 in response to the “Maidan Revolution”, which itself began when the president of Ukraine (a pro-Russian stooge, apparently) refused to sign an EU agreement that was very popular with the people, but not with Putin, obviously.

You’re welcome.

1 Like

My personal concerns over this Ukraine fiasco are two:

First, matters in Ukraine are fallout of self-evident Biden weakness. Now that is only my opinion. Biden might turn out not to be weak. But it does not matter. Biden is unquestionably perceived to be weak by our adversaries. Ukraine would not be happening were Trump still in office.

Second, and my largest concern, is Taiwan. Chiang Kai-shek had it right. Xi has it wrong. Taiwan is much more important to America, in my view, than is Ukraine. Especially now.

Given the way Biden is changing the military’s focus to social justice and away from fighting competency, I’m concerned about the ability of our 7th fleet to defend Taiwan. And that is to say nothing of what quite possibly could turn out to be weak commitment by Biden to that defense in the first place.

If Biden performs poorly on Ukraine, Taiwan could be the next domino to fall. And don’t even get me started on Korea.

1 Like