The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 2)

Continuing the discussion from The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 1) - #10114 by Bend3r.

Previous discussions:

This is an automatically-generated Wiki post for this new topic. Any member can edit this post and use it as a summary of the topic’s highlights.

1 Like

The only problem I have with that article is that it doesn’t list this stat from the report:

Of the children identified as being in-scope, 3,908 were released to sponsors and 5 remain in HHS-ORR custody

sponsors are verified parents, legal guardians, close family relatives, or other adults with a relationship to the child

99.87% of separated children are with their families right now.

Essentially, the point of the articles out there about this report (and a lot of this report in general) is just to make the Trump admin look bad. I don’t think the fact that only 5 kids are currently in custody needs to be concealed in order to do that. The zero tolerance policy Trump’s DHS/Border Patrol followed was a bad policy. That is because it did not have the necessary HHS (the agency tasked with caring for the kids) manpower and infrastructure setup to effectively carry out the policy. Most of that blame falls on the Trump admin. But let us not forget when this story blew up, the Trump admin and Republicans asked for more money to beef up HHS so they could fix it faster and the Democrats refused.

TL;DR
There is no new news here.

3 Likes

As OP I am requesting all participants here offer a prayer to your deity of choice on behalf of our President, Joseph R. Biden. Please pray for President Biden’s continued health and longevity, both desperately important for America’s well being. If you have no deity please exhort, on President Biden’s behalf, whatever higher power you might recognize or respect. Why such a request?

This unfortunate Harris woman must never lead our country. She is a goofball right out of central casting. She even blew an interview with very friendly media (NBC’s Lester Holt), laughing inappropriately like some kind of village idiot when asked about the border.

Long time participants here, who were on the Democrat primary thread a while back, will recall even the Democrats rejected this woman’s candidacy right out of the box. Why Biden chose her as his VP I have no clue. He had other, good, candidates for the slot, including women of color. And there was never any doubt he would carry California.

Harris must never become POTUS. If she does: Big Trouble. Even Hillary would be better than Harris, who is definitely not ready for prime time!

2 Likes

330px-Val_Demings,_Official_Portrait,_115th_Congress

When I wrote the above post I had Val Demings in mind. Nobody should get the idea I support her politics. I do NOT!! But Val is a solid person, a person of character. And when I look at Val Demmings I see a fellow American. That is a lot more than I can say about Harris. I don’t know what she is!

Anyway, news came today that Val Demings will be opposing Marco Rubio for his Florida Senate seat. I’m for Rubio, obviously. But I seriously doubt Val is a drunk or a crook. And that’s more than you can say for Andrew Gillum!!

She’s your Vice President of the USA. The election was last year. Your corrupt politician lost. Deal with it.

1 Like

Goober must’ve thought that Futurama episode where I did that thing was a documentary.

3 Likes

. . . and more’s the pity

Your beloved Kamala served under Willie Brown. That’s as much insight into her character as anyone needs.

You know she’s having a bad week when CNN itself says so:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/09/politics/kamala-harris-biden-border-2024/index.html

2 Likes

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/black-michigan-boy-shot-arm-213000899.html

"The neighbor, an Asian man, first allegedly threatened the boy with a sledgehammer after he went to retrieve his bike, then the man went inside his home and fired a shot through his front window striking the child. Now, the boy’s father understandably wants to know why a man who could have killed his child and is charged with assault with intent to murder is free on bond after spending only three days in jail.

" “I’m trying to figure out he got a bond so low for trying to kill my kid,” Arnold Daniel told Fox 2 Detroit in regards to his son, Coby, being shot by 29-year-old Ryan Le-Nguyen, who was arrested by the Washtenaw County Sheriff and released Tuesday on a $10,000 bond."

He asked if the Forest Service or the Bureau of Land Management can change the orbit of the Earth or Moon.

Even if possible, he seemed not to consider it might not be wise.

When I hear & see these stories, I’m so relieved I live in the country. Nearest neighbor is a mile away. We have guns close & handy, but mostly for shooting birds or coyotes.

Such a horrible story!

1 Like

Two wrongs don’t make one right but your post feels disconnected from what impartial observes see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DyHKfBlayTk

1 Like

This was a sadly very similar situation from last year. The neighbor didn’t like the little kid riding his bike in his lawn and blew him away.

Mainstream media lies recap, the Trump church photo op. Example news coverage at the time, and the truth as revealed too late to matter.

“Over the course of this review, our career investigative staff conducted extensive witness interviews, reviewed video footage from numerous vantage points, listened to radio transmissions from multiple law enforcement entities, and examined evidence including emails, text messages, telephone records, procurement documents, and other related materials. This report presents a thorough, independent examination of that evidence to assess the USPP’s decision making and operations, including a detailed timeline of relevant actions and an analysis of whether the USPP’s actions complied with governing policies.”

The IG’s conclusion could not be clearer: the media narrative was false from start to finish. Namely, he said, “the evidence did not support a finding that the [U.S. Park Police] cleared the park on June 1, 2020, so that then President Trump could enter the park.” Instead — exactly as Hemingway’s widely-mocked-by-liberal-outlets article reported — “the evidence we reviewed showed that the USPP cleared the park to allow a contractor to safely install anti-scale fencing in response to destruction of Federal property and injury to officers that occurred on May 30 and May 31.” Crucially, “the evidence established that relevant USPP officials had made those decisions and had begun implementing the operational plan several hours before they knew of a potential Presidential visit to the park, which occurred later that day."

4 Likes

American lady, who grew up in China, absolutely nukes liberals

A Chinese woman who suffered under the brutal Communist Chinese regime of Mao Tse-Tung vehemently denounced Loudoun County’s School board in Virginia for its championing of Critical Race Theory, charging, “All of this seems very familiar … the only difference is they used class instead of race. … This is, indeed, the American version of the Chinese Cultural Revolution.”

Given one minute to speak, the Chinese woman wasted no time getting to the point, asserting, “I’ve been very alarmed by what’s going on in our schools. You are now training our children to be social justice warriors and to loathe our country and our history. Growing up in Mao’s China, all of this seems very familiar. The Communist regime used the same critical theory to divide people; the only difference is they used class instead of race.”

“During the Cultural Revolution, I witnessed students and teachers turn against each other,” she recalled. “We changed school names to be politically correct. We were taught to denounce our heritage. The Red Guards destroyed anything that is not Communist: old statues, books, and anything else.”

She pointed out that in China during the Cultural Revolution, students were also encouraged to report on each other: “We were also encouraged to report on each other, just like the Student Equity Ambassador program and the Bias Reporting System.”

She concluded, “This is, indeed, the American version of the Chinese Cultural Revolution. The Critical Race Theory has its roots in cultural Marxism. It should have no place in our schools.”

View here a video of this American hero making her presentation

This woman, regardless she came here from Red China, is more of an American than several posters to this thread! She learned the hard way about the greatness of traditional American values and culture.

4 Likes

Fauci circumvented President Obama’s 2014 ruling, killing millions

Credit where due: President Obama got this right

Sadly, Fauci thought he knew better. He did not, and his failure to respect Obama’s decision has cost millions of lives worldwide.

Hundreds of scientists opposed a risky type of research ultimately banned by the Obama administration in 2014 but subsequently funded by the top U.S. immunologist, Dr. Anthony Fauci, that likely led to the creation and accidental release of the COVID-19 virus

President Obama, to his everlasting credit, correctly banned gain of function research here in the USA. I do not blame President Obama for being unaware Fauci went behind his back and initiated the banned research in China.

Hundreds of scientists opposed ‘Frankenstein’ research Fauci helped fund

1 Like

Biden’s border folly helping elect Texas Republicans alongside the Rio Grande

Biden is really stepping in it in Texas. He is snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

McAllen, Texas just flipped to Republicans… 85% Hispanic…

These regions were previously wildly Democrat strongholds.

No longer.

1 Like
  1. I’m not sure if you are trying to fool us and make us think these are unbiased news accounts or not, but I just want to make you aware that I am not fooled when you post stories from Yahoo News that are actually aggregated reprints from biased sources like Huffington Post and The Root.
    Ypsilanti Township Boy Shot in Arm Over a Bike in Neighbor's Yard; Shooter Released on Bond
    In case anyone else didn’t notice that was the case for many of these Yahoo News stories, here’s your heads up.

2. The boy’s father wants to know why the man was released? He should ask his Vice President.
    Bail Reform Is About Criminal and Economic Justice

3. Note that article about bail reform is from the same outlet that posted the story. Note that on The Root, you will not find them taking the “why is he out on bail?” angle on stories in which the shooting suspect is black. Very much the opposite (as evidenced by the Kamala Harris article). The hypocrisy is galling.

3 Likes