The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 2)

It’s been lied about since 2005 when a white lady masquerading as an Indian was involved in that political scam masquerading as academic research. Even the NYT covered how it was bogus research.

Craig Garthwaite, a health economist at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern, who also studies medical debt, offered a more negative assessment: “There are no reputable economists who I deal with who believe the number in the paper or the methods in the paper are appropriate in trying to get at the true underlying question.”

2 Likes

Satire roundup

And perhaps appropriate for this thread

Then surely you can find one that’s got good methodology, because that one is shit too and uses the same Warren worthless approach -

The number of debtors who cited medical issues as a contributing reason for their bankruptcy actually increased slightly after the law’s implementation — 67.5 percent in the three years following the law’s adoption versus 65.5 percent prior.

Any debt is a contributing factor. Idiots or ideologues, or both.

2 Likes

But I could’ve overcome the hundred-thousand of credit card debts and being 21 months behind on my mortgage, if only I didnt have to pay out-of-pocket for that broken leg xray!

3 Likes

It wasn’t ignored, it was debunked.

Because that isn’t the conclusion these “studies” are making.

You mean like Drumpf, orange man, and covidiot?

Their “study” was looking at bankruptcy cases to see how many included some amount of medical-related debt. Then declare those to have been caused by medical debt.

3 Likes

No, it’s based on misleading questions leading to left wing talking points.

You might learn something from people who studied the matter.

I did, and I reported on it here previously. You might learn something from reading those sources and prior discussion.

around $5k in average medical debt (much less than the average total debt) should be clues the real cause lies elsewhere. Guess what? Credit card debt is “a reason” that contributes to 99% of bankruptcies, because nearly all BK cases involve credit card debt. Apparently the average CC debt in BK is $25k, and somehow that’s less of a problem than the $5-8k of medical debt? Clearly we need to reform the credit card system, right? Here’s a study by debt collectors (who would know), citing the largest debts of BK filers are CCs in about 3/4 of cases, with medical being about 20% (most of the rest). Asking BK lawyers about their clients suggest that top causes of BK is overspending followed by job loss, with divorce and medical debts much less common.

5 Likes

POTUS forgets about Florida collapse . . . . Thankfully VP reminds him

Biden closed his presser without mention of the disaster in Florida. Fortunately VP Harris was on hand to remind him of the tragedy.

Biden forgetfulness exposed

Of course, as you would expect, this incident went 100% unreported by the Democrat lapdog American mainstream propaganda media.

I can only imagine how wildly and ferociously they would have reacted had Trump been guilty of an equivalent oversight.

Biden’s radar is limited or null & void. :wink:

be specific

Your efforts to falsely claim that an attack on a general’s support for CRT is an attack on “the military” are transparent and weak.

I posted the video of what the General said and what the congressman said (a first hand account) and gave my opinion. You posted a third hand account, an article giving an opinion on what someone else’s opinion was, and then didn’t give your own opinion. Then you posted a FOURTH hand account, an opinion, about a reaction, about an opinion, and that opinion you posted contained a clearly false claim, which I exposed.

I never once even got into what Tucker said. I provided my own opinion based on the facts. We can have a discussion about why my opinion is wrong and yours is right, but only if you are honest about what I said.

2 Likes

You are forgetting that the military is infallible and all-knowing, so we should hang on every word they utter as if it were gospel. Unless they’re saying something nice about Trump, then they’re clearly just idiots.

Looks like SCOTUS has made a ruling.

Transgender Men may now use the men’s restroom. To make particular TM more comfortable. Up to a point they had to use the nurses bathroom in school. Now they may also bathe at the community shower.

As far as a Transgender Woman . I suppose it’s just the same issue. High School girls placed in this predicament does bother me.
I don’t have daughters, but just being a woman, I object to having a TF using the ladies bathroom. To include bathing together is outlandish.

A very uncomfortable situation! IMO

2 Likes

You are too generous. I would say more like ridiculous!

Something needs to be done pronto to bring the idiots making these sorts of rulings to heel. This is an assault on women!

(not to mention little girls)

The Roberts court avoiding the inevitable as usual. In Bostock, they acknowledged that their decision would open the door to a reinterpretation of Title IX, but assured us that the decision didn’t extend that far. Now with a chance to clarify, they refuse to take up the case and essentially require all states in the 4th circuit to allow Transgender students all the rights of their chosen gender. Now it will be up to another circuit (likely the 11th if they do the right thing - see below) to decide the case differently before SCOTUS is forced to rule. In the meantime, the court will be hoping that the public opinion tide will turn much like it did for gay marriage and that a pro-transgender ruling will be welcomed when they are eventually forced to write it. I think their prediction is way off. The tide is NOT turning in favor of males in female spaces.

2 Likes

meed18, you do a better job at explaining the Transgender situation we’re going through.

I believe politicians will have input to finalize SCOTUS decisions on the matter.

I still fail to understand what this even has to do with transgender rights. Bathrooms and changing rooms are segregated by anatomy, that’s the entire purpose of having separate facilities. It’s a very clear, very unambiguous line, not some abstract concept based on how a person happens to feel. If your relevant organs are on the outside, you use the men’s room - that is what the mens room is for, it’s why most have urinals and only a couple seats.

Maybe we need to just formally re-label restrooms as the “d!cks” room and the “pu$$y” room? Then it wont affect anyone offended by the sexist terms "man’ and “woman”, and they can simply look down their pants to learn which room they should use. (Sorry if that’s being too crass, this is just such an asinine subject for there to be lawsuits over)

2 Likes

You live in a world without feelings. If a person feels a certain way, and that feeling happens to line up with an identity that can be considered marginalized, anything that we do that could make that person feel like their existence is being denied is wrong. It doesn’t matter that you acknowledge their existence. Unless you actively support what they say they need in order to exist, you are denying their existence. Your way of thinking simply doesn’t account for the feelings of marginalized people. Their feelings are paramount. Our feelings, or, God forbid, the feelings of people whose private spaces are being entered, don’t matter. You may think the reason for separate facilities is to separate males from females during private personal moments, but you are wrong. Everything society does is centered around the privileges of those of us that have benefitted from heteronormative traditions. It is time to recognize the reason for separate facilities should be to support the psyche of those people society has historically has cast out. We must remake society top to bottom until everyone that has been harmed by our Victorian sensibilities can be free to live their lives as their true selves.

4 Likes

Thank you, Argyll, for your post. Much appreciated.

I checked. The author of that writing is a wild-eyed liberal member of Congress, with left wing indoctrination at both Stanford and MIT. She is obviously a Democrat. She does not speak for, nor does she represent the thinking of, the majority of Americans.

“CRT” stands for “cathode ray tube” or for “charitable remainder trust”.

The notion of “CRT” standing for anything else is liberal gibberish inspired by Marxism.

Oh good grief.

Someone certainly is playing right into someone’s hands…

If you’re vulnerable to “hurtful comments”, I’m gonna go out on a limb and suggest maybe the army isn’t the best place for you.

2 Likes

If you and the left didn’t actually believe this, it would be comicial. The logic is so bonkers, it’s sad.

It’s not the adoption of CRT that is undermining the abilities of our military, it’s the questioning of the adoption.

It’s not the focus on flight suits for pregnant women that are making our enemies think we are a weaker fighting force, it’s conservatives questioning how an emphasis on pregnant pilots is helping us defend our nation that is really making our enemies think we are losing a step.

Does anyone else look at this logic and think it makes any sense? Who do you think you are fooling exactly?

4 Likes