The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 2)

This month, in a historic step to redress racism, the United States Department of Agriculture planned to begin issuing $4 billion in debt relief to minority farmers around the country. The move follows a long and ugly record of discrimination,

Um…at best, this only maintains a long record of discrimination. The only thing “historic” is the blantant racist criteria for doling out the debt relief.

This is more of the “the end result isnt equal, so the process must be racist!”, instead of bothering to figure out where the racism, if any, actually occurs. I’m sorry, but claiming that denying aid because the deadline was missed is racist should be offensive to anyone who has suffered actual racism.

And God help me, the implication that minority farmers have to take control of their economic fate as a last resort is just asinine. Controlling their own fate is how successful people become successful, in all walks of life. It should be at the top of the list of goals, not an afterthought.

2 Likes

Another naked link and another racist article. Do you agree with it, or are you posting it to show us how bad the Democratic policies are under Biden? Do you think rich black farmers should have 120% of their debt canceled under that law instead using that relief money to provide “much needed assistance” to poor white ones as well?

At least the judges, bankers, and majority of the US think this discriminatory action is unjustified and are effectively opposing it. The latest news today was the judge issued a full injunction against payouts from Biden and the Democrat’s racist giveaway fund.

U.S. District Judge S. Thomas Anderson ruled last week that the USDA should halt its distribution of funds through the program until the case is fully resolved. The program, otherwise known as Section 1005 ,was created under a provision in the Biden-sponsored American Rescue Plan Act that was passed by Congress earlier this year.

“However important the goal of eliminating the vestiges of prior race discrimination, and it is important, the government’s efforts cannot withstand strict scrutiny. Therefore, Plaintiff has shown a likeliness of success on the merits at trial,” he wrote (pdf) in favor of farmer Robert Holman, who was being represented by Southeastern Legal Foundation and the Mountain States Legal Foundation.

If they cared about poor farmers, they could have written the bill to have an income qualification. If they cared about people who had suffered prior USDA discrimination, they could have had you submit proof of that and you could qualify (like they did in the past).

But no, they wrote the bill to give the money to anyone who isn’t white. Biden and the current complicit Democrats are a bunch of anti-white racists who are trying to loot the US taxpayer with unjustified payouts to their favored groups.

2 Likes

Ok, so you are in support of the racist article. Figured no else but an anti-white racist could stand to read that tripe.

But thank you for bringing our collective attention to how mentally deranged the thinking of the far left progressives have gotten. Hopefully freedom and equality of opportunity will be on the ballot in 2022 and 2024 and these blatantly discriminatory policies and executive orders will reap what they have sown.

And you appear opposed to aid to farmers only when it’s for black people. The definition of a racist.

I’m not sure I really care about farm aid, but if you’re going to give it out, give it to everyone (or everyone poor, or whatever). Covid was bad for lots of people and government programs provided assistance that were IMO justified in light of the decision to shut down many industries’ ability to do business. Trump’s farm aid was a good example, where you got aid in proportion to your production or revenues (a good proxy for how much you’d be impacted).

4 Likes

But Black Lives Matter More? Why do rich black farmers deserved more of Biden’s Bailout than poor white farmers?

1 Like

Oh, I don’t know, maybe just the richest Black woman in the world at least as of a while ago, with a $3B net worth. How much of a bailout does her Hawaiian farm / estate deserve from this bill?

1 Like

I believe that will depend on how many of his fiscal priorities Biden and his comrades are somehow able to enact into law. If Biden fails, inflation will subside. If Biden succeeds inflation will, indeed, skyrocket and your kids and grandkids will pay the price.

Last I checked, those who do not have money (or have not been born yet) do not pay the price for inflation. Savers (cash and bond- holders) pay the price.

1 Like

“will” is future tense.

And those savers you mention. What do you think happens to their diminished assets after they pass away. Not all. But many folks leave those assets to their kids and grandkids.

Certainly the second part is true in terms of the present impact of inflation. Aside from bonds falling and cash earning nothing, real / after inflation tax rates are also higher when there’s high inflation, so the tax burden on asset holders goes up. Said one way, you are taxed on inflationary gains when you sell an asset, which can result in real / net-of-inflation losses. Said another way, if you earn 1% in your bank and CPI is 3%, not only did you lose -2% of your real purchasing power, the government will tax you on the 1% so you lose even more. If both interest and inflation rates rise by 3%, now you earn 4% and the CPI is 6% so you’re still -2%. But now the government takes say half of the 4% and you’re -4% real instead of -2.5% in the prior case.

Longer term, high inflation leads to higher interest rates and then young people, who are future borrowers (for home mortgages, college loans, credit card rates, etc), will be paying a higher price due to these higher rates. They will have to live a more modest lifestyle on the same income compared to if rates weren’t that high since their income can’t support as much borrowing from their future income when high interest rates mean higher monthly debt service costs. Said another way, the present value of their career is calculated a high discount rate corresponding to high interest rates, and so is worth less than it would be otherwise.

I think in these examples you assume that wages do not keep up with inflation and that high inflation continues for a prolonged period. Everything is temporary.

You seemed to disbelieve the existence of rich black farmers. Then you argue that I only found one? Who’s trolling now?

Ok, here’s billionaire Tyler Perry’s farm down in Atlanta.

And Kanye’s got a farm in CA.

Why do you think these black farm-owning billionaires are more deserving of the Biden Bailout than some Privileged but sadly bankrupt white farmer? Who do you think has a bigger farm mortgage to get canceled under this bill - the poor guy with a single farm house failing to make ends meet, or the billionaire mogul with a farm / estate?

2 Likes

I actually have pride in reading xerty posts. Never a loss or step behind the cocky legendary poster we readily watch here at fragile.

Doesn’t seem to matter whatsoever the topics that are happening in our daily discussion, xerty can take care of it. I thought Black farmers or acreage owners would be a challenge, but no problem. Our trusty writer handled the situation with ease.

Keep us posted and thanks again for the input.

4 Likes

It takes a really sad and really twisted mind to think that opposing aid that is restricted based solely on race is what’s racist. I know you guys like to make up new definitions of words to better suit your agenda, but a racist is the person who supports racial qualifications. Its outright sick to claim the person who thinks race shouldn’t be a factor is somehow the racist.

3 Likes

Dude, the whole thing is about farm aid for black people. No one would have a problem if it was for the less well off. You are making shit up just so you can get up on your soap box and denounce it. It’s just…sad. And you’re so full of yourself you refuse to even try to understand.

Lying? Where does that aid say anything about need? It’s entirely race based. You are the one lying, to claim to know the economics of the recipients when the economics are not part of the equation.

Why do poor black farmers deserve help while poor white farmers get nothing? Because that is indisputably racist, as opposed to wanting all poor farmers to qualify.

3 Likes

Yes, because borrowing way more than our tax collections means our debt/ GDP is growing rapidly. I know the Democrats will not curtail this at all, and plan on spending trillions more on everything they can imagine. Even if the Republicans win at some point, they haven’t been fiscally responsible/ conservatives for a decade or two and I’m worried they’ve forgotten how. Democracy is about voting the majority more free stuff these days and eventually that ends in one of two ways - government default in massive debt, or high inflation so the big nominal debts can be repaid with increasingly worthless paper.

I suppose they might “fix” it by enacting punitive taxes on the middle class, but that’s going to hurt the young people’s prospects too since it will be hard to accumulate wealth when the tax regime is busy taking half your money to repay the prior generation’s excess.

Including the USD as the world reserve currency, or as a viable currency at all?

Here’s a longer follow up since that author clearly struck a nerve and received positive coverage by Trump, Tucker, etc, for expressing the frustrations of the right leaning half of Americans. Excerpts below.

https://outsidevoices.substack.com/p/author-of-the-mega-viral-thread-on

Many Trump supporters don’t know for certain whether ballots were faked in November 2020, but they know with apodictic certainty that the press, the FBI, and even the courts would lie to them if they were. They have every reason to believe that, and it’s probably true. They watched the corporate press behave like animals for four years. Tens of millions of people will always see Brett Kavanaugh as a gang rapist, based on an unproven accusation, because of CNN. And CNN seems proud of that. They helped lead a lynch mob against a high school kid. They cheered on the most deadly and destructive riots in decades.

Conservatives have always complained that the media had a liberal bias. Fine, whatever: they still thought the press would admit the truth if they were cornered. They don’t believe that anymore. What they’ve witnessed in recent years has shown them that the corporate press will say anything, do anything, to achieve a political objective, or simply to ruin someone they perceive as an opponent.

if The New York Times had Donald Trump Jr.’s laptop, full of pictures of him smoking crack and engaging in group sex, lots of lurid family drama, and emails with pretty direct discussions of political corruption, the Paper of Record would not have had its accounts suspended for reporting on it. Let’s remember that stories of Trump being pissed on by Russian prostitutes and blackmailed by Putin were promoted as fact across the media spectrum and used as the basis for a multi-year criminal investigation, when the only evidence was a document paid for by his opposition and disavowed by its primary source.

From the perspective of Trump’s supporters, the entrenched bureaucracy and security state subverted their populist president from day one. The natural guardrails of the Fourth Estate were removed because the press was part of the operation. Election rules were changed in an unconstitutional manner that could only be challenged after the deed was done, when judges and officials would be playing chicken with a direct threat of burning cities. Political violence was legitimized and encouraged. Major newspapers and sitting presidents were banned from social media, while the opposition enjoyed free rein to promote stories that were discredited once it was too late to matter. Conservatives put these things together and concluded that, whatever happened on November 3, 2020, it was not a free and fair democratic election

2 Likes

I cannot believe how ignorant this is. And unbelievably racist, to claim “black” and “poor” are synonyms. You are only one taking the position that you keep criticizing. Quit projecting, and start looking inward - it’s the only way to begin the healing.

4 Likes

Sure, just like Biden said “poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids”. We know what he meant.

4 Likes

Difficult to say. Might be that horse has already left the barn:

From CNBC:

Inflation climbs higher than expected in June as price index rises 5.4%

Link to CNBC inflation story dated 13 July 2021

Not really expectin’ confirmation of my earlier assertion this quickly. Deny having had advance notice when I posted yesterday. :slightly_smiling_face:

Bidenomics is not new where inflation is concerned. Democrat icon Jimmy Carter did it years ago. I well recall the horror show.

ETA

Also nota bene from that same article:

Stripping out volatile food and energy prices, the core CPI rose 4.5%, the sharpest move for that measure since September 1991 and well above the estimate of 3.8%.

Thanks to the geniuses who voted for Biden. You richly deserve the economic hardships awaiting you . . . . but your kids and grandkids do not.

Half of that 5.4% is because of just two things – used cars and gasoline. Pretty sure used car prices aren’t going up anymore.

Deny all you want, the May CPI increase was 5% and that’s all anybody has been talking about.

You’re assigning credit / blame to where little is due. Election had nothing to do with used car prices, gasoline prices, airfare prices, supply chain problems that are causing other prices to rise, etc.