The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 2)

LOL

Over in Chinatown, Chinese green card holder Angela Zhou relentlessly worked to get new voters registered for the recall. “I will be voting for the first time … I want to exercise my rights here,” she told the San Francisco Standard. “I feel angry.”

In recent years, Democrats have pushed to allow noncitizens to vote, and their efforts have paid off in San Francisco and New York City. San Francisco has a 34% immigrant population, and this class has been the most vocal supporters of the recall.

4 Likes

10% for the Big Guy, an update

2 Likes

SCOTUS humor

Biden went on to say that he will choose a SCOTUS Justice based on qualifications, as long as those qualifications belong to someone with very dark skin and a female body. “Mixed race judges don’t qualify,” said Biden, insisting they “aren’t black enough.”

It is so far unclear whether Biden will also nominate black men who identify as women, or whether he knows what a SCOTUS Justice is or even where he is right now.

“I’m proud to be the first President in history to get one of them blacks on the Supreme Court,” said Biden. “Clarance Thomas doesn’t count. He’s a bit too uppity for my taste.”

1 Like

So what’s the beef? Elite Chinese people are not permitted to be art lovers?

You can bet every nickel was on the level, you know, just like in Ukraine.

2 Likes

Republicans in the senate have already signaled they will likely keep their powder dry on the supreme court fight. Several on the judiciary committee will use it for fundraising snippets, but unless something crazy is dug up on the nominee, they will be confirmed. It doesn’t matter that much how radical they are, the liberal wing votes together regardless, so any replacement for Breyer won’t actually have an effect on the outcomes of cases.

The funny thing about this whole news item is how Breyer didn’t get to make the announcement himself. One of the podcasts I listen to brought up how he’s received short shrift from the Left his whole career. One example was Clinton announcing Breyer’s nomination without him there while he was on his way to the White House. If that wasn’t bad enough, when Clinton was supposed to go for a run the next morning with Breyer for that photo op, couldn’t find him and just left without him. He was the junior justice for over a decade and always took a backseat to all the other senior liberals. Then, when he finally got his chance to be the senior liberal after RBG died, the left and the media just skipped right over him and went to Sotomayor and Kagan. In the end, his pre-SCOTUS legal writings will probably have more of a legacy than any of his SCOTUS opinions. He was clearly pushed out knowing there won’t be an easy opportunity to confirm a liberal justice after next term (rightfully), but it’s sort of comical how badly the left has treated him his whole career even though he’s consistently done their bidding.

3 Likes

I can tell you that over the years I have never actually hated Justice Breyer. In fact on very rare occasions his thinking actually made sense to me.

Hence you can understand how badly today’s radical left wants to see him gone. They would not even allow him to make his own retirement announcement, something they outed in advance. The far left oozes slime while Breyer is merely liberal. He does not fit in. He is not one of them, they know it, and they have no use for him whatsoever.

And you wonder why Biden has been tacking so far to the left!!

I heard some more commentary that contradicted this view. So I can no longer say he was clearly pushed out. It made sense, so I’ll share it here. Breyer has seen 3 justices of his generation and near his age depart recently. One went on his own terms, Kennedy, under a president whose same party appointed him, and his successor was one of his former clerks. Two went on the Lord’s terms, Scalia and RBG, each under a president of the opposite party than who appointed them, and their successors had no ties to them. And there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth over RBG’s departure since it happened under a president of the other party when she could have done it years earlier and kept a better balance for her side on the court. Breyer see’s that and he’d much rather be Kennedy than RBG. And one of his former clerks, Ketanji Brown Jackson, is the odds on favorite to get the job. If he hung in there too much longer and he had to leave (retirement or death) under a republican controlled senate, there would be a LOT of dealing required to get Jackson in his spot.

So was his announcement selfishly pushed out before he had a chance to make it himself by the White House to get some sort of positive news out there for Biden? Most definitely. Was Breyer himself pushed out by the White House or the Left in general? Probably not. Did someone in the White House tell him his old clerk will get the job if he retires now? We may never know for sure, but you can draw your own conclusions if she becomes the nominee. If she does, she’ll be confirmed without much issue. There’s no real benefit for the Republicans to put up much of a fight.

2 Likes

Link without paywall

The majority opinion, written by Judge Mary Hannah Leavitt, a Republican, said that voting “requires the physical presence of the elector” and ruled that the legislature could not make changes to voting laws without amending the state Constitution.

Maybe I’m just really stupid, but I’d say that votes cast under rules that are later declared unconstitutional do in fact constitute fraudulant votes, and do in fact taint the election in which they were cast. Even if entirely unintentional by those casting such votes, and regardless of the intentions of those who implimented such rules in the first place.

But I know, I know, just move along. Nothing to see here.

1 Like

Plus, they’d have to keep up the fight for [at least] 3 years. That’s an awfully long time to drag out the process as it increasingly becomes petty and counterproductive.

I have followed the situation in Pennsylvania. There is no question the plain words of their Constitution were violated. I personally would not label that “fraud”. It is instead a self-evident violation of their Constitution, and it was promulgated by BOTH political parties in that state, which is a purple state.

All of that said:

This matter will go to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court which is ruled by Democrats. That court is corrupt and it will overturn the correct finding of the lower Commonwealth Court. That is how business is conducted in Pennsylvania, where the words of their Constitution are meaningless when both political parties conspire to violate them.

By the way this same thing, or something very similar, also happened in Georgia. There a Republican Georgia Secretary of State entered into an agreement with Georgia Democrats to alter their voting rules in violation of their Constitution. Again in my view not fraud per se. Instead a plain Constitutional violation, done entirely out in the open . . . as was the case in Pennsylvania.

So why does Trump label this stuff “fraud”? Because he lacked, in advance of the election, the political acumen to call a halt to this sort of stuff. He is politically stupid. He allowed people in HIS OWN party to stab him in the back. And he is too arrogant and proud to admit his own stupidity. So he labels it “fraud” in order to deflect attention away from his political failings.

1 Like

This lady is one to watch.

“Marxism, Anarchism, and the Black Radical Tradition,” “Witchcraft and the Cultural Imagination,” “Trans-bodies in Horror Cinema,” “The Problem of Whiteness,” and “Transnational Queer Politics and Practices” are not course titles invented by The Babylon Bee to mock the state of America’s universities. Rather, they are real classes I came across this year while scrolling through the course listings for the University of Chicago’s winter quarter.

She didn’t cut the FBI speaker any slack either.

Satire roundup

And stay warm out there

Blood on Biden’s hands

Houston police officer shot and killed by illegal criminal immigrant, second officer wounded

While Biden worries about the border of Ukraine, our own border remains wide open. Estimates are that two million illegals have crossed into and remain in the USA since Biden assumed office just one year ago. In this instance it was a convicted criminal from El Salvador who invaded our country and then shot and killed our American officer. And all this is to say nothing of the huge quantities of drugs Biden is, in effect, inviting into America.

I want to thank all the liberals who used to post here for such as this. Your distorted and erroneous thinking processes elected Biden. Were Trump still in office his mitigation efforts would have been allowed to continue. Now, thanks to you, we are wide open to Biden’s Central American invasion.

Houston police officer dead, 1 hurt; illegal immigrant suspect in custody

Be careful, liberals. Do not click that. You might actually learn something!!

7 Likes

Another Trump media causality

You’d think she could talk about Russia! Russia! Russia! Like before, but I guess, like most Americans, she can’t bring herself to care much about the Ukraine.

2 Likes

Eh, I dunno. U of Chicago is the 2nd best school in the country when it comes to free speech and considering it’s a private school located in deep blue urban area, it’s got some of the best intellectual diversity among it’s professorial staff. It is indeed a shame you’re able to find those ridiculous classes there (or anywhere, for that matter), but that’s partly because of the freedom given to students and professors. If she wants a conservative course taught by a conservative, she can choose from several options in the economics department. But the bigger issues are that conservatives don’t want to be undergrad college professors in general (and why would they); and when they are, they don’t teach the conservative equivalent to “Transnational Queer Politics and Practices.” They teach “Molecular Engineering Transport Phenomena” and “Statistical Methods in Economics”

Get your latest affirmative action humor

In case you were only suspicious that the Marxists running BLM were a bunch of opportunistic grifters, now you can be sure. They took millions of dollars, bought mansions, resigned, and now the charity is banned from collecting donations because they’re not following all the state rules about reporting on their finances.

The leaders of the Black Lives Matter movement have come up with incredible ways to use all the money those kind and hopeful people gave them, $5 at a time for black lives, plus big corporate donations. Did they share it all in a transparent way with the families of people killed unjustly by police? Oh god no. They bought an awesome party house (news broken by the New York Post).

Under Patrisse Cullors, the head of the BLM Global Network who has since resigned amid a scandal that she bought several homes, a transfer of money was reportedly made from BLM to Cullors’ wife’s philanthropy, which then spent $6.3 million on a fantastic mansion in Toronto. They’re calling it Wildseed, “a transfeminist, queer affirming space politically aligned with supporting Black liberation,” which is a lot of words for party house . Indiana’s attorney general called BLM a “scam” organization, and California’s Department of Justice has sent a warning letter to the organization for failing to submit the proper nonprofit forms for 2020 – BLM is now banned from soliciting more donations in the state. Even New York Magazine is begrudgingly looking into some BLM financial irregularities this week. At some point a scam crosses into such a brazen offensive territory, you have to just have to applaud the chutzpah.

BLM is the Theranos of social justice.

4 Likes

Peace in our time, Brandon style. Biden gives $29B to Iran so that they might talk to him.

The US State Department is waiving sanctions on Iran’s civilian nuclear program in the hope that Tehran will return to the 2015 nuclear agreement, a senior official said Friday.

The removal of sanctions would see the release of Iran’s frozen funds held abroad, estimated at some $29 billion about a one third of what’s held abroad by the country.

Why wouldn’t you at least get them to agree to your nuclear oversight plan in exchange for $29B? Oh, here we go -

Sanctions against exports of Iranian oil would also be removed.

Selling out national security to try to get the gas price down before midterms. Traitor or just incompetence, you be the judge.

4 Likes

Bump for the week’s comics…