The 2020 USA POTUS election politics, the civil war, and the world war (Part 1)

Trump didn’t develop any vaccines, scientists in private companies did.

We also fell >95% short of the repeated promise of 100(s) of million doses administered by the end of 2020. So it’s hard to characterize the logistics effort (what the operation was actually about) as highly successful – based on the metrics for adequacy established by Trump himself.

He also falsely claimed it was fully lined up and mobilized to get the vaccine actually administered to people. Which there was zero plan, but apologists in this thread have already claimed it made no sense to have such a plan…

2 Likes

Trump and his team conceived and oversaw the parallel path approach which led to such rapid vaccine availability, the quickest in history. It was a bold, creative, and innovative approach . . . . typical Trump.

If Biden had been in charge we would have at least another year to go on this process. Lucky for you Biden was not. Lucky for all of us.

Congress allocated the funds very early last year, before the “operation Warp Speed” was even started… And the pfizer-BioNtech vaccine which was the fastest had no participation / government funding for development. Despite the alternate reality where Trump’s bleach injection and light bulbs up your b— “idea” was really just referring to developing a vaccine.

Trump publicly established the yardstick for adequacy for vaccine distribution. 100M doses administered by Dec 31, 2020. We fell ~95% short of that goalpost.

2 Likes

Well both MRNA and PFE slow walked their trial results by at least a month in order to “get more minorities” or specifically for PFE to “not report good results before the election”, so I figure that’s a least a month’s worth of deaths and further infection spread that you can pin the anti-Trump crowd.

Winning has always been more important than letting people die, especially older people who probably don’t believe their woke crap and might vote against the Democrats in the election if they made it that far. Now that they’re dead, they’ll be voting democrat forever…

3 Likes

I’m sure you want to give “your guy” Biden credit for development of Covid-19 vaccine. Won’t happen.

Trump goes down in history for “operation Warp Speed”. “period, end of story” :100:

That’s just nonsense Alex Jones conspiracy theories. They also were already producing vaccine asap during the trials. There was ample funding provided early last year by congress to preorder candidates, some of which was used by the admin…

CDC didn’t give the 100s of M by end of 2020 estimate, it was not realistic. That was Trump, trying to convince people to make no effort whatsoever to control the spread and to violate CDC guidelines, all based on an imaginary short timeline…

The distribution failures and lower numbers of purchased early pfizer doses (because of wanting to boost the overpriced Moderna debacle to try to take credit since they participated in “warp speed” development funding, unlike pfizer) was Trump.

1 Like

Definitely an unprecedented acceleration:

“Warp Speed” indeed.

Biden didn’t develop any vaccines. It was scientists. Why would anyone give Biden credit for developing vaccines? But hopefully he can help resolve the logistical nightmare scenario that the current incompetent buffoon has created.

Dolly Parton did more for vaccine development than Trump, who just delayed and obstructed actually using the funds that Congress allocated for vaccine development.

No one would! Biden raising our taxes. (he said he wouldn’t, but he lies). We will give him credit!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/terror-watchlist-capitol-riot-fbi/2021/01/14/07412814-55f7-11eb-a931-5b162d0d033d_story.html

Trump is three-fifths of all American presidential impeachments

3 Likes

Investigating terrorist funding:

1 Like

LOL. Maybe in Texas’ textbooks (in case you haven’t been paying attention, their textbooks are known to omit quite a lot of our history and misrepresent the reasons behind the Civil War). History will only remember Trump for being a compulsive liar who was impeached twice.

5 Likes

" “His understanding of global events, his understanding of global history, his understanding of US history was really limited,” Mr Tillerson told Foreign Policy. “It’s really hard to have a conversation with someone who doesn’t even understand the concept for why we’re talking about this.”"

Your opinion! We’ll see how history goes. Many millions of folks disagree with you.

I don’t know about Texas’ textbooks. A lot of folks are leaving Democrat political controlled states such as CA, NY, etc, & moving on. Texas, Florida & I like Arizona are gaining population, got any idea why?

Don’t ask why I’m sticking around. I happen to live amongst Conservative folks & life is good. (for me)
Politics are not the only important parts of life. :relaxed:

They disagree now, but history has a way of simplifying things and making us forget the little things. We disagreed 20 years ago too, but now the first thing most people (on both sides) think of when someone says “Bill Clinton” is Monica and her stained dress. In 20 years the first thing we’ll think about when someone says “Trump” is throw up a little bit in your mouth, then lies, insurrection, and two impeachments.

I have an idea, but it has nothing to do with the problems in Texas’ textooks. I’m happy that liberals are moving to these states, maybe we can finally loosen the grip of the red-to-purple states on the electoral college. And fix the textbooks.

The “ Moderna delays for minorities” reply is in the covid thread here.

PFE is a longer, nastier story and I’ll make a separate thread on it, which you can find here

We might agree on that one thing. If enough liberals leave CA then we might get back to better times.

You never mentioned your age bracket but I remember great CA Gov’s. Reagan, The Duke, actually the more I think about it. Republican Gov outlasted Democrats. (oh for those good old days)

The younger generation is taking over. Not good! Education is going down the drain. No great role models for this group to follow. As you said above “it makes me want to throw up”.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/01/14/bullied-into-voting-against-impeachment-resign/

2 Likes