The fatwallet member who joined the circus

Except in this case, we know mwa423 had some sort of disability that involved be evacuated from the circus train to the hospital via ambulance.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s him. Mark Aseltine Obituary - Hill Funeral Home

Mark William Aseltine, age 29, died unexpectedly on December 9th, in his home in Bellevue, Kentucky. Growing up in Westerville, Mark was very active in the music and drama programs at Westerville North High School, was a member of the Westerville Christian Church and earned his Eagle Scout Badge. As an undergraduate at the University of Cincinnati, he was active in the Phi Delta Theta fraternity, and went on to earn his MBA from Xavier University. Mark traveled through out the country with the Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey’s Greatest Show on Earth, working as a paymaster on the circus train. Returning to Cincinnati, Mark’s analytical mind helped him thrive as an Enterprise Analyst and a Category Manager for the Anheuser Busch Corporation. Anyone who came in contact with him was immediately a friend, and his kind and caring nature was never hard to see. Whether it was the art of the deal, tailgating with friends, or sharing long conversations, Mark never shied away from engulfing those he loved with everything he had.

12 Likes

This was the web site with the behind the scenes photos: http://web.archive.org/web/20141218121137/http://www.workingforpeanuts.biz/

5 Likes

“Life’s too short, enjoy the good, forget the bad and make every day a circus day.”

8 Likes

how did you find it ? I am searching for some too

1 Like

Great memories…and sure is nice to see so many familiar faces here! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s too bad we didn’t do a meet up in Vegas or somewhere back in the day. I was gambling for a living back then and was in Vegas more often than not.

5 Likes

It’s too bad we didn’t do a meet up in Vegas or somewhere back in the day. I was gambling for a living back then and was in Vegas more often than not.

Could have seen Codename47’s bullion churn in action!

2 Likes

Damn. We lost another to COVID. He died 4 years ago but probably a COVID death.

3 Likes

wow, darn, live is short.

Might be a little too soon…

2 Likes

it’s not too late when pandemic ends. Vegas has some crazy cheap deals right now…

Do they? Have the resorts dropped the “resort fees” yet? I’m boycotting everything with resort fees.

4 Likes

Resort fees were always a means of evading the hotel tax. There are plenty of nongaming hotels which charge no resort fees. I likely would burn my points at one of the major chains.

1 Like

I thought it was a means of evading travel booking sites’ commissions.

In Vegas, maybe. In several other states, no.

I find Vegas to be a sad mockery of what it was before big corporations took over. In fact, I can’t believe its old reputation still draws people. There doesn’t seem to be much of another reason, accept maybe the Pinball Hall of Fame. :grinning:

1 Like

He was from Ohio.

He came out to St. Louis, and I got to meet him and have some beers with him. Cool dude. Really upset that he passed away.

FYI After the shows, everyone went straight to the bars. In fact, they parked the train specifically as close to a bar as possible. There were some hot teenage girls traveling on that circus bus. After the shows, he was doing beer keg stands and partying like it was college.

If I remember correctly he was a paymaster and got fired for something stupid. The circus was losing money and all the liberal animal rights groups successfully used cancel culture to run it out of business. Now I believe all the elephants are in a ranch in Florida.

11 Likes

His name was Mark Aseltine!

Bumping an old thread, unfortunately. Thanks for everyone who contributed to this one–it was nice to go back through old memories. RIP mwa and Kashisti.

2 Likes