When will you allow yourself to be vaccinated?

NVAX for oldest kids closer

• Co announced that the Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine, Adjuvanted (NVX-CoV2373) has received expanded emergency use authorization (EUA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to provide a two-dose primary series for active immunization to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) in adolescents aged 12 through 17.
  • The FDA EUA decision was based on data from the ongoing pediatric expansion of the Phase 3 PREVENT-19 trial of 2,247 adolescents aged 12 through 17 years across 75 sites in the U.S., to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine, Adjuvanted. In pediatric expansion, the vaccine achieved its primary efficacy endpoint with clinical efficacy of 78.29% (95% CI: 37.55%, 92.45%) overall at a time when the Delta variant was the predominant circulating SARS-CoV-2 strain in the U.S. The efficacy analysis was supported by assessment of antibody titers that were shown to be higher in adolescents than in young adults.
  • The next step for the vaccine is a policy recommendation for use from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Doses of the Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine, Adjuvanted are available for use in adolescents upon the CDC’s recommendation.

Edit: CDC approved.

1 Like

Though the number of Covid-19 deaths is the lowest it has been since last July, the US continues to see hundreds of deaths each day from Covid-19, CDC data show.

Note:
This is a bloomberg.com story. The above link is provided to get you around the Bloomberg paywall.

Any updates on their flu C19 combo?

Nothing I see since April for the NVAX combo

1 Like

fair to say too late for this year. Bummer since i bet it would up usage. NVAX has good product, worst execution similar to JNJ. or really bad lobbyists

the key thing stopping me for getting just the booster is it does not prevent getting the disease. Unless getting C19 multiple times causes serious issues/long C19 (remember reading that). If it’s combo like the MMR booster then why not…

For those who want to get paid $10 rewards @ walgreens Flu Shots Are Now Available at Walgreens Nationwide for Everyone Aged 3 and Up | Walgreens Newsroom

2 Likes

FOIA lawsuits finally beat some vaccine safety analysis and data out of the CDC, which is then analyzed.

We are told that the existence of a safety signal doesn’t necessarily mean the AE [adverse event] is caused by the vaccine, and I accept that premise. But the current practice seems to be to ignore safety signals, dismiss them as noise without any evidence, and stall any investigation into them as long as possible. The precautionary principle, however, dictates we should presume that a safety signal indicates causality, until proven otherwise. Since, it has been acknowledged that the mRNA COVID vaccines can cause myocarditis and pericarditis (often referred to as myo-pericarditis), we can take those AEs as a kind of benchmark, and propose that, at minimum , any AE with a signal of equal or greater size should be considered potentially causal and investigated more thoroughly.4

After dropping the new COVID-era AEs, there are 503 AEs with PRRs larger than myocarditis (PRR=3.09) and 552 with PRRs larger than pericarditis (PRR=2.82).5 This means that 66.4% of the AEs had a bigger safety signal than myocarditis and 77.3% were larger than pericarditis

1 Like

That’s the status quo these days - pick what you want to believe, then make the evidence prove you incorrect. Instead of basing your beliefs on the evidence.

2 Likes

Unsurprising. PFE board member and ex FDA head used his clout to push Twitter to shut down anyone talking against vaccines (including a successor FDA head who mentioned natural immunity while still being positive on vaccines for others).

1 Like

It’s a “we know best” attitude. They should have come clean, but that would have also been used as ammo for anti vax folks. Damned if you do…

Gotlieb seems fairly objective on CNBC/ MSM, but he does serve on PFE board so his conflicts are clear. Q is where was Trump admin in all this since mRNA vax were approved under his admin.

There were a lot fewer anti-vax folks before the Fauci/CDC shenanigans.

3 Likes

There were a lot fewer anti-vax folks before “but this vaccine works an entirely new way and hasnt undergone the same safety studies that all other vaccines went through” was considered to be anti-vax.

3 Likes

I got 5 Covid shots over the past 2 years. 73 y/o. and in great shape.Had a heart attack last month and needed 2 stents. Got to the hospital via ambulance!! Docs said I was lucky. I did have a stent 27 years ago and now the same place plus 1. Also developed minor diabetes type 2 and am on meds and Ozempic now. Docs told me there is not enough data to confirm Covid caused any of this. I was and am healthy before all of this.

2 Likes

Very sorry to hear this. I’m also glad, but shocked, that you got good medical care. I’ve heard the U.S. system is terrible. :smile:

Congrats on the proper treatment and a speedy recovery.

And there never will be, regardless of the data. It is in no one’s best interest, other than we peons, to gather data that would unsubstantiate and disprove that “The vaccine is perfectly safe and effective.” :laughing:

2 Likes

We’ve seen various cardio-related issues come up in relation to the vaccines, but I don’t recall seeing anything about diabetes.

If only we could rule out aging :slight_smile:

3 Likes

+1 27 years after a previous stent, heart attack.
I’ve seen transient myocarditis increase reports, but the same with infection too though.

Cause vs coincidence?

1 Like

As we’re contemplating these never to be proven side-effects, we can help improve out attitude by playing …

1 Like

Yes, sudden onset diabetes after Covid is definitely a thing.

Of 58 non-diabetics, 6 (10.3%) developed [pre-diabetes], 8 (13.7%) developed [diabetes] after three months.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmc2018688

In the aggregate, these observations provide support for the hypothesis of a potential diabetogenic effect of Covid-19, beyond the well-recognized stress response associated with severe illness. However, whether the alterations of glucose metabolism that occur with a sudden onset in severe Covid-19 persist or remit when the infection resolves is unclear.

There are also a few case reports of vaccine induced diabetes, which isn’t surprising since sometimes the covid symptoms are similar to the vaccine adverse reactions. Autoimmune response which targets pancreas cells is suspected.

https://www.jkms.org/pdf/10.3346/jkms.2023.38.e12

3 Likes

What about the vaccine? Any increase in diabetes after the vaccine?

2 Likes

Yep 1 incident so far:

1 Like

the hits keep on coming:

2 Likes