Who will join POTUS nominee Biden on the Democrat ticket as VP?

Why are all those following posts deleted?

Protip: You can click on the orange pencil icon for withdrawn posts to view (in any thread) if you really want to know.

Want to write again I hope Bernie is OK and comes through his health challenge without any more drama.

But am posting after having given thought to “who benefits”. Bernie, even before his health incident, was running third. If Bernie’s supporters are forced, for whatever reason, to abandon their hopes for his success, I believe they will choose to go with Senator Warren. She is closest to Bernie politically it seems to me. She also is fit and vigorous, at least insofar an anyone can tell. I think she is.

So purely from a political standpoint I see events this week as bolstering Senator Warren’s prospects.

Cheney had 4 heart attacks and 2 coronary artery surgeries before he took office as VP at 60. Age is just a number.

1 Like

Any thoughts on the last debate? I saw Warren catching some deserved flak regarding her bad “healthcare causes bankruptcy” talking point.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/10/16/health-care-warren-sounded-like-student-who-hadnt-done-her-reading/

For those who like graphics of what the media narrative is for the current election cycle. This is a series of articles that update periodically and discuss which Democratic candidates are most aligned with the media narrative.

The ET Election Index - Epsilon Theory (index)
ET Election Index (Candidates) - October 15, 2019 - Epsilon Theory (most recent Oct article)

my current view is no one in play as of now. I study and read politics all day. Gov Cuomo and Hillary just waiting to be drafted. Btw any white hetero sexual male can not win in this Dem field. Biden is sinking and Beto portends to be Hispanic. What a bunch of losers. As for “Bernie”.(I’m not Jewish) but am a member of CUFI… he is the biggest anti Semite of the group. 1) votes against all Israel defense monies in the Senate…2) has the 4 Squad members crazy for him 3)hasn’t been in a synagogue in 30 years 4) supports the Gazans terrorism by claiming Israel’s retaliation is disproportionate…5) got a heart attack while campaigning on the Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashannah. So maybe God is watching him. Moved out of Jewish Brooklyn 40 years ago.

1 Like

I’d put money on Hillary staying entirely out of this race. She had her chance and blew it spectacularly.

In case you didn’t know, a person of a Jewish descent is not required to follow Judaism, and I’d guess this is more common than people care to know. They’re also not required to be a Zionist, which I’d guess is very rare, but it doesn’t make him an antisemite.

comments appreciated…buy he also supports the BDS movement.

Does he though? He specifically said that he does not support it.

Looks like he plays both sides of the issue. Statement from him re Senate Bill 1

Sanders Statement on Anti-BDS Bill

Monday, January 28, 2019

WASHINGTON, Jan. 28 – Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) issued the following statement after voting against S.1, which includes a provision to encourage state and local governments to pass laws suppressing Americans’ right to boycott Israel:

“While I do not support the BDS movement, we must defend every American’s constitutional right to engage in political activity. It is clear to me that this bill would violate Americans’ First Amendment rights.”

https://www.sanders.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/sanders-statement-on-anti-bds-bill

Since when does not voting for legislation because it contains unconstitutional provisions equal “supporting group _____”??

4 Likes

Holy crap. I just peeked in here, thinking there might be some intelligent discussion. Instead, like 3/4 of the posts are from Republicans, with many idiotic takes.

I think I’m better off using my time trying to get in on that wall building in Colorado.

1 Like

Beautiful wall will protect the rest of us from those terrible Coloradans.

Or is it more sad to imagine spray-tan saw a map centered on Colorado on Fox News and didn’t know New Mexico was a state and not a new part of Mexico?

Walling off Colorado was George Carlin’s idea…

Beto “I’ll take your guns” O’Rouke appears to have run out of money and dropped out.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/beto-orourke-is-dropping-out-of-the-presidential-race/ar-AAJIkfF

Now, who am I going to vote for? :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Warren’s tax proposals amount to 150%+ tax rates for billionaires and a mere 70% for the well off in places like CA and NY. She’s also currently leading the betting odds for winning the democratic nomination.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/elizabeth-warrens-tax-plan-would-bring-rates-over-100-for-some-11573819200

Consider a billionaire with a $1,000 investment who earns a 6% return, or $60, received as a capital gain, dividend or interest. If all of Ms. Warren’s taxes are implemented, he could owe 58.2% of that, or $35 in federal tax. Plus, his entire investment would incur a 6% wealth tax, i.e., at least $60. The result: taxes as high as $95 on income of $60 for a combined tax rate of 158%.

Under Ms. Warren’s plan, their unrealized capital gains outside retirement accounts would be taxed at 39.6%, just like ordinary income, plus an existing 3.8% investment-income tax. Add to that her new 14.8% investment-income tax to bolster Social Security, and state taxes, and combined tax rates could reach 70% in California and New York City.

1 Like

Is there a way to “bet the field”?

Sure, just bet against Trump (although I guess that assumes he runs).

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-10-17/trump-s-chances-of-re-election-are-about-40-but-don-t-be-fooled

1 Like