Who will join POTUS nominee Biden on the Democrat ticket as VP?

Bloomberg is only in this to preserve his tax cuts and stop a potential wealth tax. He said as much put loud when he threatened to run in 2016. He’s not seriously interested in being President.

Sorry, guys:

Tulsi has announced she will not debate next week . . . even if she qualifies. She is very close to qualifying, just one poll short.

But regardless she instead will campaign out with the people of NH and SC and she will not be in LA.

2016 redux?

Why bother with the trouble of running if you can wait for the contested field to fail to get a primary majority and have all your superdelegates back you in the subsequent negotiations that no longer depend on the voters’ wishes?

1 Like

Hillary has trouble speaking for any length of time. She begins to cough and is unable easily or readily to bring the coughing under control. This happened to her again very recently during her interview with Howard Stern.

I am a good bit older than Hillary. But I can sympathize with her dilemma because I share it. Presidents need to do a lot of speaking, both publicly and otherwise. This would be tough for Hillary given her condition.

Among the older candidates, the only one who strikes me as fit is Senator Warren. She obviously takes care of herself and she is “ready to go”. I worry about the others, including Trump who clearly needs to lose weight. We are talking about a job that commences in 2021, more than a year from now, and lasts through early 2025, when some of today’s candidates will be well into their eighties for goodness sake!

America does not need an eighty year old POTUS. That is too old given the demands of the job.

Andrew Yang has qualified for the LA debate next week. He is the seventh active candidate to do so. Mr. Yang is on the stump at present, campaigning out in Iowa.

2 Likes

The debate stage one week hence appears set, with seven candidates. Most notable among the absences will be Senator Cory Booker. Senator Booker is having no problems with fundraising. It’s instead his standing in the polls denying him the stage.

Senator Booker is fighting on. He has announced he MUST make the January debate, and I agree. Here is why:

The January Democrat debate is the last one prior to the pivotal Iowa caucuses on February third, with the NH primary coming only eight days later on February eleventh.

But Booker, Warren, Klobuchar, and Sanders are, at this point, all staring into a potential abyss, the Senate trial of Trump where they must be in attendance. Obviously they cannot both be out campaigning in Iowa and NH (not to mention SC and NV) and performing their Senatorial duty in DC at the same time. It’s a dilemma.

Meanwhile the remaining candidates, who are not Senators, will be free to campaign their hearts out in the crucial days of January just prior to Democrat voters making their decisions.

1 Like

Booker complaining retroactively about the terms they thought were fine… until they couldn’t meet them. DNC not having it, so far at least.

It’s Trump’s fault! :cry::cry::cry:

With the December Democrat debate only three days away, KABC in Los Angeles is reporting a possible strike wrinkle:

Union action imperils December Democrat debate in LA

All participants have stated they will not cross any sort of union picket line.

Update

More detail regarding the dispute is emerging. This is from the AP:

From the AP: Democrats might be unable to debate.

DNC Chair Tom Perez, who was labor secretary under President Obama, is doing everything he can to resolve this matter. It’s not as if he does not already have his hands full with the non-qualifying candidates who want to participate regardless.

This labor dispute has been ongoing since March. Quick resolution would appear unlikely. Let’s hope Mr. Perez can pull this off. According to that AP article, Democrats have no alternative venue at this time, and it’s really late in the game to come up with one.

This is new? They can name call quite well, but …

Surprise, Surpise. This would also likely be the case if it were Republicans. No alternative venue, plans, ideas, or anything else … except energy. :wink:

No less an entity than the New York Times has now gone pedal to the metal with a fully developed article covering the strike which could cancel Thursday’s Democrat debate:

The NY Times offers full coverage of strike’s impact on debate

Two of the candidates are already in California!

Tulsi, however, continues to campaign from her new home in New Hampshire. She is looking rather smart now having decided to sit out this entire LA debate situation and just campaign on the ground where it actually counts.

Senator Warren has called on Mayor Bloomberg to release from non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) all women upon whom such agreements are at present imposing silence. Bloomberg has had “women problems” in the past, but his vast wealth has made it possible for him to purchase NDAs ensuring their silence.

But Senator Warren is having none of it.

Perhaps what I wrote up thread was erroneous. Maybe Mayor Bloomberg is just as well off campaigning on TV and avoiding the debates and possible embarrassing questions. Should Bloomberg win the POTUS nomination on the Democrat side, goodness knows Trump would not raise any such accusations, about women, when the two of them debated! :wink:

From ABC: Senator Warren attacks Bloomberg concerning women

But did Epstein have a painting of him? :wink:

The strike has been settled.

Tomorrow’s hoped for debate is on and will go forward in LA as originally planned.

I wonder how many campaign contributions were used to grease that process?

2 Likes

Tonight’s the night!!

Or it should be. Am a little hacked off about what is happening. I started this thread because I believe the Democrat POTUS nominee is important . . . very important . . . simply because that person could easily become our next President. Also I believe the selection process for that nominee is important; it should be fair.

I think Mr. Perez, DNC chair, has done an admirable job, overall, administering this process in the midst of some difficult and vexing situations. Democrats have a right, in my view, to be proud of this.

I’m disappointed that tonight, when Americans should be listening closely and paying attention to our seven Democrat candidates, attention will be split because of other “big news”. We have only two major political parties in this country. So when Trump tries to steal the spotlight from our Democrat candidates . . well . . you have to expect that.

But when Democrats, other Democrats, go out of their way to steal the spotlight from their own candidates it becomes a self-inflicted wound. This is a miscalculation for which even Mr. Perez does not have the solution.

For the un/ill informed, to what are you referring?

That information is readily available in this week’s news. Prefer not to mention here out of fear of driving this thread wildly off topic.

Those wishing to discuss that other topic are encouraged to start a new thread.

I think that was in reference to the Congressional impeachment publicity focusing the media coverage on Trump rather than the Democratic candidates.

Anyway, if you want a generally critical recap of the recent debate, here’s one guys take on it.

1 Like

Thanks. I didn’t realize that was still going on.