YMMV free carfax reports for navy federal members

Targeted email from Navy Federal stating you can get up to 10 carfax reports per month until July for free.

*A maximum of 10 CARFAX® Vehicle History Reports can be obtained per member, per month. Each VIN request counts as one. This offer is for the intended recipient only. Navy Federal Credit Union is in no way responsible for the accuracy of the CARFAX® Vehicle History Report. Access to CARFAX® Vehicle History Reports is subject to CARFAX® consumer Terms and Conditions. CARFAX® is a registered trademark of CARFAX, Inc. Offer valid until July 7, 2018.

3 Likes

This is an automatically-generated Wiki post for this new topic. Any member can edit this post and use it as a summary of the topic’s highlights.

nothing for me either.

I have taken advantage of this already and the free CarFax reports are great.

I believe the link I have is specific to me because, after entering a VIN, NFCU sends my CarFax report to me via e-mail. So the link must be personally identifiable, giving them my e-mail address.

However, the offer does say “for NFCU members” and does not mention any restrictions. I think NFCU members who did not receive the free CarFax offer should telephone the credit union, seek to inquire about an auto loan, and request to be sent a free CarFax e-mail of their own. Worst thing that can happen is they say “no”. But worth a try because the free reports are definitely worth having.

1 Like