Your Secret Consumer Score

Little-known companies are amassing your data — like food orders and Airbnb messages — and selling the analysis to clients. Here’s how to get a copy of what they have on you.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/04/business/secret-consumer-score-access.html?fallback=false&recId=255002395&locked=0&geoContinent=NA&geoRegion=MD&recAlloc=top_conversion&geoCountry=US&blockId=published-assets-bq&imp_id=624330510&action=click&module=Most%20Popular&pgtype=Homepage

3 Likes

This is an automatically-generated Wiki post for this new topic. Any member can edit this post and use it as a summary of the topic’s highlights.

If you don’t have access to the NYT, here are the links/e-mail:
Sift, which determines consumer trustworthiness, asks you to email privacy@sift.com. You’ll then have to fill out a Google form.

Zeta Global, which identifies people with a lot of money to spend, lets you request your data via an online form 11.

Retail Equation, which helps companies such as Best Buy and Sephora decide whether to accept or reject a product return, will send you a report if you email returnactivityreport@theretailequation.com.

Riskified, which develops fraud scores, will tell you what data it has gathered on your possible crookedness if you contact privacy@riskified.com.

Kustomer, a database company that provides what it calls “unprecedented insight into a customer’s past experiences and current sentiment,” tells people to email privacy@kustomer.com.

3 Likes

So essentially, you go in to verify and correct your own info they have on you. Then they will give out information on you.

If these people have information on you that they collect based on email address and IP. If i start a request from that IP and a matching email address. I should be given the info related/collected on me. I shouldn’t have to give more information about me to them.

So far only did retail equation, they said I had no returns.

Sift is so far behind they will contact you, once your send in the e-mail. They are doing the required for the EU. Later they will get to those of us in the US.