Alliant Credit Union

Alliant has three straightforward credit card offerings:

Two of them come with possible 0% APR for 12 months (depending on your credit worthiness), and have no annual fee. There is no fee for balance transfers. One of these cards gives 2% cash back.

The third card, the Visa Signature, has 3% cash back for one year and no fee, and then switches to 2.5% with a $59 annual fee the second year. This card has many benefits including no foreign transaction fees, double warranty coverage, purchase protection, zero liability on fraudulent charges, and concierge service.

http://www.alliantcreditunion.org/bank//#filter=credit-cards

4 Likes

Thank you, Argyll. Your post is most helpful.

How is you payment history and average age of open credit lines? Besides utilization, these are two major factors creditors consider when offering lines. Also it may benefit you to list a spouse with favorable credit as this limits the unsecured lines to TWO individuals not one and therefore higher lines are less risky.

My payment history is old. House, car, etc are all paid in full, no credit now days. I do have a Business cc with Citi Bank that has a very high balance limit. Have used this card for years & gain airline mileage. Now that I don’t fly as much I decided to go for a Cash Back cc. I was told that a Business cc could not be used by the credit bureau for record. That’s my story, so I’ll just work on building credit rating again & hopefully get the limit raised with time.

Does anyone have experiencing using the Alliant debit card in Europe? It appears that there are no extra fees if one uses a Visa ATM. (I was planning to use a Fidelity account instead but noticed this feature listed on Alliant’s site).

http://www.alliantcreditunion.org/money-mentor/five-tips-for-credit-card-use-while-travelling-internationally

Thanks. I should have mentioned that was where I learned about this feature.

Wondering if anyone has actually used it. I found many positive reports on the Fidelity ATM card.

I’m Back! I see most of the old Alliant CU gang is here…I’ve been mostly hanging out on phatwallet but i noticed that the majority of the old fatwallet participants to Alliant CU thread have moved over here…I just recently started to actively use Alliant again…

1 Like

Hmmmm. Time to roll out the old “Welcome back” theme again. :grin:

Hi Craig. Welcome! Not much happening here. Maybe you can add some activity.

Thanks shinobi and pattyb53…I know agryll is around here too…feels almost like old times on fatwallet again… :slightly_smiling_face:

Over at the phatwallet site, i know someone who has an inside contact at Alliant…the revamped Online Banking will be coming to Alliant CU this year…hopefully during the first quarter, but not definite…There will likely be an improved Bill Pay service as well with e bill options added…When i e-mail them, they just say they aren’t sure when but it is coming…

Figured i get active on using Alliant again as i wait for the big change :wink:

1 Like

Not much activity on the other site?

I would say the level of activity is probably pretty similiar on phatwallet as it is here…However, there isn’t an Alliant CU thread and i had noticed that not only was there one here, but it seemed to have a lot of the same people that were on the fatwallet Alliant thread…So, figured i might as well join and say hello to old friends… :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, i just got pretty active using my Alliant CU banking again after a long time of relative inactivity, trying different online banks, etc…

It’s a problem with PWF vs FD. PWF is more hot deals and FD is more finance. But welcome back, craig10x.

Was keeping some money in Alliant savings until now. Today’s PurePoint 1.6% announcement ended that pronto.

Alliant had better do something next week, when the first of the month rolls around.

1 Like

I hear you, shinobi…i’m getting 1.55% apy over at IB (Incredible Bank)

Thanks shinobi. As usual you hear about these rate upgrades first.

It has to be quite a long time when we were first introduced to PurePoint. I can’t remember what % rate, but this 1.6% is another tops. So I’ll be checking to see from where I can move funds.

Aside from my Incredible Bank account getting 1.55% apy, I also have AMEX High Yield Savings and that just went up to 1.45% apy as of today…So, now the big question is: will Alliant CU raise their rate by Feb 1st???

@craig10x have you looked at PurePoint - 1.6%

Purepoint is very good (had them for a while) But they only have savings and cds…What i like with IB (Incredible Bank) is that they also have a Checking Account with very good bill pay and unlimited atm rebates on the debit card…

Up to recently, you had to wait 2 months to get interbank ach transfers but they just dropped that requirement…the other thing was low ach limits but that is also changing as of Feb 1: $75,000 Incoming or Outgoing per day with 1 day transfers… :slightly_smiling_face: