Best Nationally Available High APY Liquid Accounts

Just wanted to add that Hanscom has upped the APR from 3% to 5% on their automated savings account. More info here: https://www.hfcu.org/cu-thrive.html

Doc is featuring TIAA deal of up to $350 in bonuses. There are a lot of conflicting, confusing, conditions. Ya gotta read all of Doc’s stuff. Despite the complexity, deal still might work for some participants here.

The doctor is IN! - link

ETA

A confusing deal. Do NOT miss the comment making reference to “quantum superposition”. Now that is one funny comment!:rofl:

3 Likes

What does account opening bonuses have to do with liquid account interest rates?

That’s akin to a Washington Mutual employee telling me that she worked there more than 10 years and the bank isn’t going anywhere (I was adding a POD to an account > FDIC limit, and when asked “why”, I answered “just in case”). This was less than 2 years before they went under.

Not saying anything about EBSB, just that the word of an employee is meaningless in this case.

Tough one. The accounts are not exactly liquid if you want your bonus . . . but they are somewhat liquid in that you can get your money back fairly soon . . . along with the bonus (if you play their game) . . . which in effect nudges the interest rate upward. The accounts are not certificates of deposit so I took the liberty of filing this under “liquid”.

Anyone remember Indymac Bank? Just saying. :wink:

1 Like

Max of $500 per month…is that indefinite? The product seems a bit confusing.

Edit: Looks like after the first year, you have to open a new account and it will start over.

So You’re never going to get 5% on the full $6,000. Has anyone done the math on what you actually get?

Alliant CU at 1.95% now. Ally Bank needs to do the same.

3 Likes

No they don’t, they got a huge inflow of capital with the 1% bonus. No way Ally raises rates until February.

1 Like

Submit a complaint / feedback. It has worked for me in the past with some large banks, so they don’t all ignore legitimate feedback.

1 Like

PNC High Yield Savings interest rate is now at 2.35% APY.

Word on street is you may open with CC for up to $2000.

Not everyone eligible. Depends on where you live.

Have no personal experience with this offering. Am merely your humble reporter.

Linky

2 Likes

It sounds like a good deal but not available in my area.

Shinobi, what street are you on where you hear these things?

1 Like

“Shinobi, what street are you on where you hear these things?”

Argyll, you are an absolute HOOT!!:rofl:

I’m on Easy Street and all the neighbors here talk about stuff like this.:grinning:

2 Likes

Hey, guys!

Ken has the new liquid money PNC 2.35% deal now. It’s one of Ken’s FULL blog writeups and he includes all the details and other stuff that I failed to mention in my up-thread post.

Two things to keep in mind with the PNC Account:

1. If you have branches in your area, you don’t qualify…
  2. They do not allow you to add beneficiaries (if that is important for you)…
2 Likes

I don’t qualify so I’ll have to move to Shinobi’s street where I’ll put up a tent and a wind turbine.

1 Like

His neighbors are cows though. And it’s not really a street. It’s an unpaved road.

3 Likes

Why don’t you LINK it so we don’t have to search?

1 Like

Because I figure about everybody here has had Ken’s site BOOKMARKED for the last twelve years. The concept of “searching” for Ken’s website, for folks like most of us, is akin to “searching” for air.

Also, the deal I mentioned is, and was, front and center over there. So no searching required either, in that regard.

I post my share of links here any time I think it will help other participants. But the idea of posting a link to the front page of Ken’s blog would never even occur to me.

He mean link to the actual credit union page, the actual promo page. Not just another site 3rd party site that’s pimping the promo.

And beside, I really have no clue who “Ken” is.

1 Like