Individual Stock Discussions

So you’ve got 8 years of Obama legacy and you only want to count the first one? Eyeballing the average IRR for 2009-2016, it looks like about 13%, less than half of the recent market’s return.

IMG_1973

I listened to the State of the Union address and I wouldn’t want to be long companies selling overpriced drugs tomorrow.

1 Like

One at a time, which would be the only fair comparison.
~~
I mean we’ve had 87 consecutive months of positive job growth. Trump has only been in office for 12 months.

We had very strong job growth in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016, then contrary to White House claims, job growth precipitately declined in 2017.

I merely posted a reality check of economic realities that have an impact on the stock market.

What had an impact on the healthcare and particularly the pharmaceutical companies, and will continue to have an impact, was the joint announcement from Berkshire Hathaway, Amazon, and JPMorgan Chase.

Stopping feeding the troll Xerty. You really think you are going to “win”? Save your mental energy for something more productive, like telling people to stop feeding trolls… lol

2 Likes

I dont see any content in the past few posts about individual stocks. Let’s stay focused here!

This morning am picking up some $TRI looking for a dead cat bounce.

2 Likes

futureteslaowner:
Sold 2 covered callls for sep 2018, 165 strike, $14.45. AAPL has been my only individual stock holding for a while, and I think next year I can take some additional gains tax-wise if I sell (sitting on $20k gains with a $40k position).

Can’t figure out how to actually quote, but I still have these covered calls which I sold in October. I have had a losing position this whole time, finally almost back to even on them.

Wondering if the downgrades on weak X demand are overblown…

I believe they are. All their suppliers are doing great. I can’t imagine a 50% forecast miss on the phone. Plus a PE of 18, plus $150,000,000,000 of cash after debts are paid off. The company is very strong right now. Needless to say I am heavily into calls with AAPL this week.

I also have calls on BABA.

GOOG scares me though.

Glad I bought some some NFLX $300 put options when it was trading above $285. Hope to see it go below $260 by next week.

Quite obviously, you’re unaware that false charge sez more about you than me. But hey, stay classy bro.

02/01/2018 10 Contracts BABA Feb 09 2018 192.5 Calls |Filled at $4.40|
Bounce… how did it go down with a beat and raised guidance?

Anyone playing aapl earnings?

I am… I am HEAVILY into AAPL for this earnings. Both calls and long term shares.

ETA: between GOOG and AAPL I am going to be nervous tonight. I haven’t felt this way in a bit. Crappy part is I am on a plane tomorrow during market open.

I bought back my 2 covered calls, net loss of about $100. So, I am bullish on these earnings with my long position.

goog crushed to the downside.

So far at least, AAPL can’t figure out what it’s going to do after-hours. Bounced down, back up, now down again.

Revenue and earnings beat, outlook was pretty bad though for next quarter.

My best guess is that AAPL ends at 170 tomorrow. That is max pain. But then I bet it rises to over 180 next week friday. If it goes to 170 EOD tomorrow, I’ll be ready to buy 175-180ish weeklies for next week.

It is hard to put a company that has a PE of 18 down especially with 280 billion cash (granted they also have 100 billion in debt). I bet Tim announces a bigger buyback soon. That is what would really light a fire under the stock.

I like all the headlines about shares falling after ER. And they’re up haha
(Fine oscillating. Not sure how anyone classifies that as anything other than basically flat though)…

Holy Cow, what a swing back for GOOG. What did they say during the earnings call? It seriously should drop by 5% with those earnings.

I thought I’m seeing a bigger “swing back” on AAPL. AH Low around 165.50, currently 174.49 (+4.8%).
GOOG I see AH low around 1095, currently 1143 (+4.4%). My numbers could be off though…

Also, on the GOOG topic… I just scheduled my Google Fiber install date the day before yesterday. I get to dump Charter and never have to pay them again!

PCG had a fun ride today. Did you manage to get out? What’s a little rumor between friends? (of no legal liability for the CA fires; shortly revealed to be not true, yet anyway)

IMG_1978

Looks like Kodak had its day in the sun, but that day, perhaps like Bitcoin’s, seems to be fading now. Probably didn’t help getting some of the KodakCoin promoters/partners exposed as banned from being corporate officers over in Germany where they operate… oops. Guess Kodak did about as much due diligence as some of the longs. No longer as short as I was.

IMG_1980